Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (13 Viewers)

skyblueinBaku

CCFC problems require a fully committed Board of Directors going forward
It's a great pity that we haven't got one now.

Nick

Administrator
Personally I am glad to see you back on here.
Please don't get dragged down into the mire of crap Nick, Grendel and a tiny minority of others will throw at you.
It always better to have people on here who may have connections with any party involved in this saga.
It was good when PWKH used to post quite openly and honestly on here.

It would be great to have Tim Fisher on here and Les Reid.

As I say childish crap will fly your way. It would be good if you can rise above it and stay on here so when stories like this break. We may find out some more about it.

Can never really work out why people want to cut of their nose to spite their face on here and hound out those who have decent contacts or a good insight on events
I was with you until the second half of this sentence ;)
Beat me to it.

Cringeworthy post from dongo, cutting off nose to spite face? Ha

What stories have we found more about? It's exactly the reason the Facebook group kicked him out wasn't it?

SkyblueSpecial

Still having the " minutes from extinction garbage " we may have been close to administration , but never close to winding up.
Had sisu not signed , we would have taken a points hit and eventually been bought by someone else.

Administration had been coming for years, we shouldn't have tried to avoid it.

We should've gone bust in 2003. However fans and local media towed the club line that the council and Higgs must bail the club out with the Ricoh.

That was the defining point in the clubs decline.

I'm afraid fans and local media must take a look at themselves for that.

We could've gone bust owning a share in the Ricoh project with no points deduction (as I think that rule hadn't been introduced at that point).

The club made us believe that selling our share in the Ricoh to stave off administration was for the best. In actual fact it was the worst thing to do for the club. The only people it helped was Robinson and McGuinity.

oldfiver

The club made us believe that selling our share in the Ricoh to stave off administration was for the best. In actual fact it was the worst thing to do for the club. The only people it helped was Robinson and McGuinity.[/QUOTE]
And CCC?

NortonSkyBlue

Some of us were wise before the event too, but were shouted down at the altar of good business sense... the evidence was out there (a lot more than it is now) that could have predicted absolute carnage if their investment didn't come off.

Elliott's judgement is shocking, his ability to spot a person with the best interests of CCFC at heart has been proven to be flawed time and time and time again.

Fine, he cares... but so does everybody who posts on here, and most of us you wouldn't let near the CCFC boardroom.

Yet we've failed a damned site less than Elliott, in such a capacity.
I have seen what "business genius's " have done for our club and would feel more confident in Elliott and Hoffman.
My preference would be for a super rich owner but can't see that happening until we have got to the Championship.
Just to give some insight into some thinking here in Saudi Arabia by a gentleman interested in English football on clubs that are buyable now. Leeds no, Bradford City, Sheffield Wednesday and United yes, Coventry City no, Charlton yes. Best potential purchase Newcastle United, best ROI Southampton
Leeds and Coventry no due to ground issues the others yes because of growth potential and in Charlton's case because of London location.
Newcastle is guaranteed cash and Southampton potential brand growth in emerging markets.

Captain Dart

We should've gone bust in 2003. However fans and local media towed the club line that the council and Higgs must bail the club out with the Ricoh.

We could've gone bust owning a share in the Ricoh project with no points deduction (as I think that rule hadn't been introduced at that point).

The club made us believe that selling our share in the Ricoh to stave off administration was for the best. In actual fact it was the worst thing to do for the club. The only people it helped was Robinson and McGuinity.

True, the point of the sale was all about attempting to save some of their wealth, they were idiots for letting Bryan have control.

hill83

giphy.gif

bawtryneal

Please don't get dragged down into the mire of crap Nick, Grendel and a tiny minority of others will throw at you.
It always better to have people on here who may have connections with any party involved in this saga.

As I say childish crap will fly your way. It would be good if you can rise above it and stay on here so when stories like this break. We may find out some more about it.

Can never really work out why people want to cut of their nose to spite their face on here and hound out those who have decent contacts or a good insight on events

Its always good to have different opinions and views.
The problem on here is that certain people don`t entertain opinions that disagree with their own.

hill83

Its always good to have different opinions and views.
The problem on here is that certain people don`t entertain opinions that disagree with their own.

I've not no issue with people that have opinions different to my own. None at all. I just don't like Gilbert. He's a condescending clickbait ballbag.

NorthernWisdom

I have seen what "business genius's " have done for our club and would feel more confident in Elliott and Hoffman.

Joe Elliott's views on Brody and Dulieu:

I have met them both, very nice guys and very high calibre. I was massively impressed with them
His views on SISU:

SISU have done a tremendous job in funding the club. They are very supportive in any way they can
COVENTRY CITY shareholders have been sent a stark warning that the threat of administration is far from over yet.

Out-going chairman Joe Elliott has sent a letter to the last remaining shareholders asking them to give up their shares as a matter of urgency to ensure the club's takeover by Ray Ranson and SISU Capital can go through

"I have written to all shareholders to remind them how important this is on deciding the future of the football club," said Elliott.

"At this moment we are either on the launch pad for success or we can hover on the brink of disaster.
His views on McGinnity (note, the board Elliott was on as we finally waved goodbye to any hope of owning our own ground, be it HR or the Ricoh:

I am delighted Mike McGinnity is to take over. He is a grand chap
His views on the football club's home:

For me, the most important thing is Coventry City Football Club and secondly the home it plays in... So we have got to look at the football club first to ensure its existence

Safe to say, if he says something's a good idea, go for the other option!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The guy who posted the pictures on the Facebook group originally has now gone into meltdown.

He is saying he is waiting for the Police as Gilbert used his name without permission, and apparently someone sent a threat to his kids or something as a result of the rumour posted.

Point one is ironic as he posted pictures of other people without permission, point two is no alright whatsoever, but getting the Police involved on both counts is ridiculously over the top. This guy has just lost a lot of credibility for me.
Point 1. I would be pretty mad if it's true that he/family got death threats.

Point 2. Do you need permission to post photos of people in public?

covcity4life

Take his dick out of your mouth

SkyBlue_Bear83

I dunno what would be better if this was true

Sisu actually leaving or abusing canley Gilbert for his billy big bollocks attitude.

NortonSkyBlue

Common sense approach Dongonzalos, I too feel that we should be welcoming Simon's presence on here.
I read the Coventry Telegraph on line and don't understand the vitriol aimed at it and Simon.
I have read his book and found it a decent insight in to events over a long period and with the input of the protagonists.

hutch1972

A point that I have stated before. It had little to do with anything except safeguarding the monies owed to board members.
Had the debt been to anybody else , they would have put us into admin without a second thought.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, gross incompetence is fine as long as it's perceived that you're doing your best.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I actually feel sorry for Elliott this time. It's a random rumour with no basis, so he hasn't asked for a re-run of his past performance but... it never ceases to amaze me how people rush to defend his past track record at the club. Nobody else in history would get such a free pass!

Grendel

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The points deduction thing was broyght in because of Leicester don't remember if that was before or aftwr

hutch1972

Common sense approach Dongonzalos, I too feel that we should be welcoming Simon's presence on here.
I read the Coventry Telegraph on line and don't understand the vitriol aimed at it and Simon.
I have read his book and found it a decent insight in to events over a long period and with the input of the protagonists.
A decent insight maybe , but without the secret diaries of B Richardson, Paul Fletcher and the ccc members of the time (who passed the deal by one vote) , without the truth behind just how a London rugby team parachuted in and took control of a city asset , without the likes of Lucas and Mutton being given a truth serum , all we have is background noise.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Got anything worth having?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've got one for you Simon.

'Local journalist agrees to charity boxing match outside Jimmy Hill's statue following an online spat with a supporter from Hillfields.'

Following our last Telegraph exclusive where we revealed 'the 5 cheapest places to buy brocoli in Coventry', we can now confirm a date has been arranged for the one off charity event (to be announced on the next page).

The event which is set to raise money for the official takeover bid put forward by Joe Elliot and Gary Hoffman, which we have now confirmed, came about after an online spat on the infamous Sky Blues Talk forum when our in-house footballing expert announced the take over bid was initally false.

You can finish the rest yourself.... ;)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Point 1. I would be pretty mad if it's true that he/family got death threats.

Point 2. Do you need permission to post photos of people in public?

Of course be mad, threating someone else's kids is not ok. I don't know the laws on posting pictures of others, but it's pretty ironic that this person posted pictures of others without their permission but then threw his toys out the pram when a journalist used his name in an article.

You could probably say he was a bit hard done to if what the above said is true, but getting the police involved is fucking ridiculous. There's more important things going on that need their time and attention.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Only just spotted this post! And I cha to go through 9 pages (well not at this moment anyway but I will catch up :))

When I first seen Hoffman and Elliott involved, I almost did a literal face palm.

I only stopped myself when Gilbert said it wasn't true! If only want it to be true to show him up :D

But in truth, Elliott, if involved in anything, will only be trying to get a nvolved because he cocked up over SISU cominf in the first place.

Hoffman will know money men, but can he be the man to convince SISU now is the time to move on?

I think it's just friends having a cuppa and a catch up myself!

wingy

A decent insight maybe , but without the secret diaries of B Richardson, Paul Fletcher and the ccc members of the time (who passed the deal by one vote) , without the truth behind just how a London rugby team parachuted in and took control of a city asset , without the likes of Lucas and Mutton being given a truth serum , all we have is background noise.
You could ask Dave Nellist.
His was the decisive vote.
Said he wished he'd made fan representation on the board a condition.

Users who are viewing this thread