Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

He has a history of pointless bids though doesn't he?

I am not sure if he is just working his way up slowly to try and see if they would accept it. There is something going on.

I guess it depends on your view. The first one orange Ken said would be acceptable to SISU. Until he discovered he would be sacked when it happened.
The second one Haskel bid. However SISU were prepared to bid more for their own debt.
Then there is this one. Each time I cannot believe Hoffman did not feel they had a realistic chance of succeeding.
He is a very successful busy man, so he doesn't need it career wise. He is not in the media every second which he could be with his current job and with these bids. So he isn't seeking attention.
Only thing that adds up to me, is he loves the club and thinks it can be ran better than the way SISU are.

Nick

Administrator
I guess it depends on your view. The first one orange Ken said would be acceptable to SISU. Until he discovered he would be sacked when it happened.
The second one Haskel bid. However SISU were prepared to bid more for their own debt.
Then there is this one. Each time I cannot believe Hoffman did not feel they had a realistic chance of succeeding.
He is a very successful busy man, so he doesn't need it career wise. He is not in the media every second which he could be with his current job and with these bids. So he isn't seeking attention.
Only thing that adds up to me, is he loves the club and thinks it can be ran better than the way SISU are.

The offer to purchase the club was a symbolic £51,987.35 - £50,000 as a financial incentive, £1,987 as a nod to the club’s FA Cup success and 35p to symbolise the number of miles from Coventry to Northampton.

I'd say that was a pointless bid wasn't it?

skybluetony176

That's why I said if they wanted to take some cash.

It's unlikely that they'll do it then. Which takes you back to my original point. For SISU to rescue any money out of their CCFC investment they're going to have to sell it. Which, as they can't take money generated from player sales out makes player values irrelevant with regards to what Hoff is offering. They'll probably take more from player sales by way of add ons from Hoff than they'll ever be able to take from player sales as owners.

skybluetony176

That's why I said if they wanted to take some cash.

It's unlikely that they'll do it then. Which takes you back to my original point. For SISU to rescue any money out of their CCFC investment they're going to have to sell it. Which, as they can't take money generated from player sales out makes player values irrelevant with regards to what Hoff is offering. They'll probably take more from player sales by way of add ons from Hoff than they'll ever be able to take from player sales as owners.

Nick

Administrator

The player sales thing is pointless anyway, there is no guarantee if hoffman takes over that he will sell anybody. If he does what's to stop him trying to get around it somehow with a loophole of payment dates / third party payments etc.

Offering them 50% of something they already own as a "sweetener" with no guarantee that they will get anything from it won't work.

Captain Dart

Chipfat

Everything involving Sisu leads to more questions than answers. Joy has the right to get the price she seems right, no matter of what anyone offers or spouts on here, by what's being said, the problem is she is not indicating if any common ground can be found. So for any buyer its frustrating to keep up hope when the person you are dealing with is contemplating offers but is not giving indications of what is agreeable. Its like swinging your dick around in the dark at a night club hoping to find what you are looking for!!!!!

As for Hoffman breaking his silence in my opinion, it's better that he states the position all are in and the plan going forward than to have rumours, gossip and general misinformation going round that can damage a process in the future. Sisu have the same right of reply and have been asked to comment, so lets wait and see. If they bother to reply and its another derisory offer and unacceptable then Hoff knows to walk away as its no worth wasting time on finding solution when you don't know the target.

As for naming the investors to the press or for public domain, in my opinion there is no value to do that if your putting the group together, i mean its a bid for ownership, which is when i think fans have the right to know who is making decision's. But until they day happens the individuals have the right for disclosure, its not the same as Sisu refusing to name the investors they are in control of the club, if they decide to back out then the club is gone. If an potential investors backs out of a bid, nothing happens to the club.

I'm glad he did it, now we know the 3rd bid is rejected which was sat on a week before rejection, we know that unless Joy states her desire no 4th bid will happen and its now a game a brinkmanship. We also know some on here have some knowledge of what has been said today, not a great piece of news but at least we know where we stand. Unlike some at the club who are lying about anything, so they can to keep certain parties including the FL and fans that all at the club is in good hands.

So i guess its move on and enjoy the season. No point looking at the future or development of the club its not going to happen under Sisu, take it week by week result by result and see where we end up!!!

Last edited:

Chipfat

It does, said that at the start. Some of it doesn't make sense, although Italia keeps claiming that everything will make sense if it happens ;)

That's why i think naming investors is not going to happen because of who it is and the connections they have.

dongonzalos

that simple statement raises a lot of questions dongo

I really don't believe that to be the case.
IMO unfortunately he is treating it like a normal business deal. That is his mistake.
He is dealing with people who couldn't see that they had won when Anne Lucas told them to submit their best bid or she was going else where.
They could not see the damage the legal action was doing and despite judges advising them to stop they carried on to costly defeat after defeat.
I don't think that they would see that the best way to handle this would be to meet Mr Hoffman and explain why they think he is so wide of the mark. Get him to sign a NDO prior to the negotiations.

Nick

Administrator
I really don't believe that to be the case.
IMO unfortunately he is treating it like a normal business deal. That is his mistake.
He is dealing with people who couldn't see that they had won when Anne Lucas told them to submit their best bid or she was going else where.
They could not see the damage the legal action was doing and despite judges advising them to stop they carried on to costly defeat after defeat.
I don't think that they would see that the best way to handle this would be to meet Mr Hoffman and explain why they think he is so wide of the mark. Get him to sign a NDO prior to the negotiations.

It isn't a normal business deal though is it? He is making all of the noise about it.

Paxman II

Firstly we should not forget SISU have not placed CCFC up for sale (Arvo or any of its entities)
Hoffman has persisted with bids that rely on 'add on's' and those by nature are linked to whether there is success on the pitch or not.
To my eyes a terrible strategy and one that reflects the poor backing this bid has going forward.
We don't want to be in a position of 'owing' anyone, especially SISU I would imagine!
If a bid is to be made then it needs to be based around making SISU see their continuing tenure is not worth their trouble. They are cut loose and out.
But I caution any bid where you are giving away your player sales and percentages of this and that going forward, simply leaves you less room than SISU currently enjoy in operating the club surely?
Be careful what you wish for.

dongonzalos

Certain people hint that there is an ulterior motive. That something else is going on.
However when those same people are asked what is going on?
What is the other plan.
There is never an answer!

Nick

Administrator
Certain people hint that there is an ulterior motive. That something else is going on.
However when those same people are asked what is going on?
What is the other plan.
There is never an answer!

Because nobody knows exactly what it is, just that things don't really add up...

dongonzalos

Because nobody knows exactly what it is, just that things don't really add up...

Mate sorry but even the most outrageous conspiracy theories actually have a theory!

To hint that this bid was not submitted with the hope that it would actually be accepted.
Then when asked why do you even think that is a possibility.
The only answer is things just don't add up.

What doesn't add up?
What other things are happening that are all interlinked to this?

Seems to me that yourself and maybe a couple of others are convinced something is going on. But either you are to frightened to say what you think (would you get sued)
Or you genuinely have no idea at all which begs the question why do you think it in the first place

Nick

Administrator
Mate sorry but even the most outrageous conspiracy theories actually have a theory!

To hint that this bid was not submitted with the hope that it would actually be accepted.
Then when asked why do you even think that is a possibility.
The only answer is things just don't add up.

What doesn't add up?
What other things are happening that are all interlinked to this?

Seems to me that yourself and maybe a couple of others are convinced something is going on. But either you are to frightened to say what you think (would you get sued)
Or you genuinely have no idea at all which begs the question why do you think it in the first place

Maybe because things don't actually add up, why would he make bids he didn't think would be accepted?

If he went in thinking each bit actually would be accepted then that's even more worrying than it being part of a game isn't it?

There have been multiple posts saying what doesn't add up all the way through the thread, from timing, to bid details, to being offended by things being leaked to then leak himself.

Meanwhile, you will just write massive posts that say nothing and claim conspiracy.

dongonzalos

Wasps U Turns, legal battles, season ticket numbers, boycotts to name a couple.

Legal battles have been going on for years and are nothing to do with Gary Hoffman.

Wasps U turn was predicted by Tim Fisher and I hate to say it but even Grendel on here. Irrelevant to Hoffman and would more likely assist a bid if it hadn't been reversed.

Season ticket numbers are always going to take a hit and wil be news. Especially in the CET who have agreed with most of their readership that it is time for new owners. Again nothing to do with Gary Hoffman.

Boycotts have been going on for years as many have had enough of the manner in which the club is run and it was significantly boosted by the Northampton debacle.

However thanks for saying the things that you think are all part of some bigger thing. I personally don't see what, how or why they are inter linked.
But each to their own, at least now I know what you are talking about.

Monners

No idea... That's what I am interested to know.

Probably the same as ranting about things being made public 1 minute and then sending out press releases to the media the next.

It's all very strange.

My opinion is that it's some sort of PR tactic / game or to try and apply pressure.
Maybe the Hoffster sent a press release to stop the "derisory" half snippet approach getting in the pres first? Maybe he wants to let fans know that he still trying?

It isn't a "U turn" as you describe it.

No doubt you will disagree with my view.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the Hoffster sent a press release to stop the "derisory" half snippet approach getting in the pres first? Maybe he wants to let fans know that he still trying?

It isn't a "U turn" as you describe it.

No doubt you will disagree with my view.

It is a u turn as it completely goes against what was said before.

Letting fans know he is still trying goes against:

insisting that negotiations should take place away from the public eye and in a professional manner.

Users who are viewing this thread