Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (3 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

GH has gone further than anyone else has in trying to takeover the club and hes still trying so i find it hard to hate on him myself.

No one is 'hating on him' are they? I think that a few are sceptical about what is offered so that if we do eventually buy the club off Joy, that we're not tied to them in any way or have them still connected to the club when they don't own us.

I think.

Nick

Administrator
I think "the game" is that Hoffman would quite like to get the club back, out of the hands of the lying charlatans that currently owning. No conspiracy, no other story, just that. I think it is the other party that play games and deserve the conspiracy theories.

So then it goes back to why make bids that were never going to be accepted.

Was it just testing the water?

Sky Blue Kid

No one is 'hating on him' are they? I think that a few are sceptical about what is offered so that if we do eventually buy the club off Joy, that we're not tied to them in any way or have them still connected to the club when they don't own us.

I think.

There are a lot with nothing but contempt for him though.... A la post #4694

Samo

It is a u turn as it completely goes against what was said before.

Letting fans know he is still trying goes against:

Not really Nick because negotiations never began and there is no further bid planned

Liquid Gold

Come on sisu just sell. I'll go down on evil joy. Anything. You can stab one of my less favourite friends. We'll build a statue of you. Please just sell up now. I'm tired.

Nick

Administrator
Well yes, because there was a bid in and the hope of negotiations.

Even though "his side" had leaked things originally?

Can't pick and choose.

I'd guess the outrage leak was done to get in before he did, which is where the issue came from.

Nick

Administrator
I think someone should test your water, everyone and anyone who steps up and tries to help
Our cause, you relentlessly try to discredit and ridicule.
Whenever anyone comes on to discredit and ridicule SISU you step up deflect and defend.

I honestly don't get it.:banghead:

I guess OSB who has said the same sort of thing is defending them amongst others?

Yet again, no real input to the discussion just the usual SISU lover crap. How predictable.

Skyblueweeman

There are a lot with nothing but contempt for him though.... A la post #4694

That's not 'hating' on him though is it? It's asking a question.

I don't hate the guy at all (don't know him) and anyone who is trying to take us over from SISU deserves a shot at it.

But, and it's a big but, we cannot jump out of the pan and into the fire. Not that there's anything to suggest that GH and co would be any worse than SISU (if that's even possible) but many, myself included, welcomed SISU with open arms and turned out to be massively wrong.

I've said it before...I celebrated the night SISU took us over with a bottle of champers I had in the fridge. How wrong I was. Naturally, I, and I assume others who are inquisitive, are merely wanted to ensure that whoever takes over from SISU if they sell, do so and don't hamper us in anyway going forward.

clint van damme

So then it goes back to why make bids that were never going to be accepted.

Was it just testing the water?

whatever the reasons behind everything that's gone on since news of this takeover attempt emerged I don't think anything has happened from either side without some considerable thought going into it.

Sky Blue Kid

That's not 'hating' on him though is it? It's asking a question.

I don't hate the guy at all (don't know him) and anyone who is trying to take us over from SISU deserves a shot at it.

But, and it's a big but, we cannot jump out of the pan and into the fire. Not that there's anything to suggest that GH and co would be any worse than SISU (if that's even possible) but many, myself included, welcomed SISU with open arms and turned out to be massively wrong.

I've said it before...I celebrated the night SISU took us over with a bottle of champers I had in the fridge. How wrong I was. Naturally, I, and I assume others who are inquisitive, are merely wanted to ensure that whoever takes over from SISU if they sell, do so and don't hamper us in anyway going forward.

Big difference between "Asking a question" and taking the piss out of the man. post #4703 from Brylowes, speaks volumes mate;)

Brylowes

I guess OSB who has said the same sort of thing is defending them amongst others?

Yet again, no real input to the discussion just the usual SISU lover crap. How predictable.
Nick, I used to get involved but rarely bother now, because as you say it's all to predictable.
Many people seem to share my view judging by the lack of traffic on the site, indeed this
Site seems to be dying at a similar rate to the club, be sure to thank your mates for that.

Sky Blue Kid

I think someone should test your water, everyone and anyone who steps up and tries to help
Whenever anyone comes on to discredit and ridicule SISU you step up to deflect and defend.

giphy.gif

Ashdown

Whenever anyone comes on to discredit and ridicule SISU you step up to deflect and defend.

It's fairly obvious why ?! He really struggles to hide the true intentions of this mouthpiece site for his pay masters and their handful of poorly disguised and misguided supporters, in the meantime the great majority of supporters have finally seen through these disgusting charlatans.

torchomatic

It's fairly obvious why ?! He really struggles to hide the true intentions of this mouthpiece site for his pay masters and their handful of poorly disguised and misguided supporters, in the meantime the great majority of supporters have finally seen through these disgusting charlatans.

Fucking hell. I think you're being serious.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, I used to get involved but rarely bother now, because as you say it's all to predictable.
Many people seem to share my view judging by the lack of traffic on the site, indeed this
Site seems to be dying at a similar rate to the club, be sure to thank your mates for that.
Try reading then as again you are demonstrating you haven't read that part of the discussion.

Unless I've missed something that osb and nw are predictable sisu lovers?

You have tried to use the lazy, predictable defending sisu line that comes out. Even osb has to write disclaimers now.

It's embarrassing.

Nick

Administrator
Pay masters? That's exactly why this bollocks is laughable.

Prove it or pipe down. Simple really

None of you have actual points. Just throw this type of crap in.

hutch1972

I agree , anyone who tries to end this misery gets a thumbs up from me.
I don't give a shit if he offers Ryton , player sales or anything else that isn't nailed down, the fact is we are going into oblivion under these tossers.
A couple of years building again in league 2 ( or lower) , I'll take that to get them out the door.

Nick

Administrator
osb has dissed sisu alot in past though. so he doesnt come accross as bias

defending sixfields move and getting angry at anyone who praises wasps marketing seem to be hallmarks of "sisu lovers"
Ah now sixfields. Not far off a full house now are we?

Almost as if people can't disagree with the posts...

Sky Blue Kid

Pay masters? That's exactly why this bollocks is laughable.

Prove it or pipe down. Simple really

None of you have actual points. Just throw this type of crap in.

Prove it??..........Are you serious?? Only have to look back on your posts. No other proof needed.

Brylowes

Try reading then as again you are demonstrating you haven't read that part of the discussion.

Unless I've missed something that osb and nw are predictable sisu lovers?

You have tried to use the lazy, predictable defending sisu line that comes out. Even osb has to write disclaimers now.

It's embarrassing.
OSB and NW do not come across anything like you, I like you don't think the bids are good
Enough to tempt SISU, and that something might be going on.
But it's on every thread on any subject to do with the club, someone criticises SISU and it's
Like an alarm goes off on your phone ' and up you pop.
Can't think of a single time you've attacked SISU with any real purpose or venom, where as
You're never shy to wade in on anyone else, inc fellow tans and posters.
And yes your right, it is Embarrassing.

NorthernWisdom

osb has dissed sisu alot in past though.
Virtually everyone has dissed SISU a lot in the past.

Who wouldn't?!?

Surely we're the club of all clubs to be cautious when Emperor's New Clothes are on offer, though?

As said before, the catch 22 is that anybody meeting SISU's value is probably a nutter who can't run a business sensibly. however, making bids with add-ons etc. is fine on one level, but what's unproductive is projecting such bids in certain ways.

it's not £20mil;

It won't be accepted by SISU;

GH is more than welcome to keep bidding. Wouldn't it be great if he did end up with a deal that SISU and he were happy with, and could work for both, and that he had the backers to progress the club;

IMHO, JS should speak with GH. She's under no obligation to however;

The constant drip-feed of info is unhelpful in the extreme IMNSHO. the only way it could be is if it were to flush other interested parties out. unfortunately, I fear the (social) media games will have the opposite effect, and make SISU dig their heels in more, and become more intransigent;

When it comes down to it, we know so little about much of this bid (some of that not unreasonably) that to make a judgement that it's a fantastic deal for SISU and CCFC is naive. it may be, but we don't know;

In contrast, what does come out (about handing over our last remaining asset, and offering SISU a proportion of our revenues going forward) is concerning, in my view.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, prove the accusations he tried to make / imply. If he has you for backup his argument is lost anyway

Simple question Nick. Why do you always and at every chance deflect and defend SISU. As Brylowes has pointed out you do this with alarming regularity, as well as attack anyone that tries to help our cause. Do you suffer from "Memory loss?"

Nick

Administrator
OSB and NW do not come across anything like you, I like you don't think the bids are good
Enough to tempt SISU, and that something might be going on.
But it's on every thread on any subject to do with the club, someone criticises SISU and it's
Like an alarm goes off on your phone ' and up you pop.
Can't think of a single time you've attacked SISU with any real purpose or venom, where as
You're never shy to wade in on anyone else, inc fellow tans and posters.
And yes your right, it is Embarrassing.

So let's break down the post that got you going. It was discussing why he would make a bid that he didn't think would be accepted where multiple people said it would be an interesting question. I suggested is it to test the water.

Maybe you should go through some posts then, I start well thought out lengthy posts about SISU and Fisher and strangely they get forgotten about.

Why don't you try to reply to the points being made or the discussion? You moan about deflecting and defending but all you have done is not read the actual thread and then start trying to have a go at me? Why don't you ever reply to the actual points being talked about?

Giving it the SISU defence line is lazy, especially when you decide to use it on a comment where multiple others have said the same thing throughout the thread.

Liquid Gold

Sisu is a Finnish concept and cultural construct that is described through a combination of various English terms including stoic determination, grit, bravery, resilience,[1][2] and hardiness[3][4] and is held by Finns themselves to express their national character. It is generally considered to not have a literal equivalent in English.

Sisu is a grim, gritty, white-knuckle form of courage that is typically presented in situations where success is against the odds. It expresses itself in taking action against the odds and displaying courage and resoluteness in the face of adversity, in other words, deciding on a course of action and then sticking to that decision even despite repeated failures. It is in some ways similar to equanimity, with the addition of a grim kind of stress management.

"To have guts" is a fairly close translation that uses the same metaphor (found in more languages than Finnish and English), as the word derives from sisus, which means "interior" and "entrails, guts". A concept closely related to sisu is grit, which shares some of its denoting elements with sisu, save for "stress management" and passion for a long-term goal. Sisu may have an element of passion but it is not always present,[5] unlike in the case of grit as defined by Dr. Angela Duckworth.[6]

Do you have sisu?

Users who are viewing this thread