Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (12 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

The player sales figure comes from looking at the last few years accounts, look under profit on sale of player registrations, 2016 was £2.5M, 2015 was £2.7M. I assume profitability continues at a slightly lower rate and SISU get 50%. Yes Nick, profit on player sales has been over £5M in the last 2 published accounts!

Ryton I assume gets permission for housing and sold. I have heard figures of £6M bandied about so allowing £4.5m isn't even optimistic.

As for promotion, it will come within 3 years even with a conveyor belt of talent being sold on surely, I only said 'more or less guaranteed' not "nailed on certainty". Widdrington is there to enhance the flow from National League isn't he, do you not think he will do a good job?

If Hoffman and co are the certain of achieving such levels of return why don't they stump up the equivalent value in cash so the club hasn't got SISU on its mind for the next few years?

Captain Dart

If Hoffman and co are the certain of achieving such levels of return why don't they stump up the equivalent value in cash so the club hasn't got SISU on its mind for the next few years?

Cash flow my boy, cashflow.

Nick

Administrator
Explain if it's you didn't like their efforts hope your pleased with Sisu .If it's me for thanking them so be it but at least they gave a few of us a bit of hope in the last couple of weeks.

It isn't exclusive, you can think the bid isn't very good but not be pleased with SISU.

Do people really live in such an either or world?

fernandopartridge

Explain if it's you didn't like their efforts hope your pleased with Sisu .If it's me for thanking them so be it but at least they gave a few of us a bit of hope in the last couple of weeks.
I would love the club to be taken over by no owners with
  • the club's best interests at heart
  • who wouldn't repeat the mistakes of the past.
Unfortunately, GH & Co hasn't demonstrated it can meet either criteria. I've nothing to say thank you for, false hope is probably worse than no hope.

Brylowes

Was never convinced Hoffman and co had what it was going to take, but I don't blame Them for
trying, just desperate fans 'who like most can see nothing good in our future under SISU.
At the start they obviously believed that SISU were wanting out, that's evidently not the case,
Years of JRs and appeals ahead, not to mention relegation.

Sky Blue Kid

Just for arguments sake Hoffman has got that amount of money, but only just! What does he take the Club forward with if he gives it all to Sepalla?

thekidfromstrettoncamp

People who say the bid isn't good enough what is? As I see it falling fan base, 2 relegations no ground no place for the academy play. legal going on pissing everyone off. We are not worth much. How much do you think Nick.

covcity4life

Was never convinced Hoffman and co had what it was going to take, but I don't blame Them for
trying, just desperate fans 'who like most can see nothing good in our future under SISU.
At the start they obviously believed that SISU were wanting out, that's evidently not the case,
Years of JRs and appeals ahead, not to mention relegation.

Not if we all get season tickets mate. Everything will be rosy then

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Unfortunately, GH & Co hasn't demonstrated it can meet either criteria. I've nothing to say thank you for, false hope is probably worse than no hope.
Where has it been proved he hasn't got the best interests any money he is prepared to put in he ready to lose which says a lot to me and your 2nd point no one can guarantee but can't be no worse than current owners

oucho

If SISU lose the JR (here's hoping!) then I wonder if they will be more receptive to future offers.

Sky Blue Kid

The 20k season tickets, commercial initiatives, fan funding etc.

The sarcasm flows freely tonight eh Nick. The problem is I think Hoffman wants to be able to take the Club forward whilst hitting the ground running. Giving every pound we've got to SISU won't help till attendance figures kick in giving us a cashflow that we can do something with. We need a certain amount of money to begin with.... A bit like the £20m promised when SISU took charge would be good(but never came to fruition) There you go.. The difference between passionate owners and fans..and Shithouses that don't give a fuck!

Brylowes

If SISU lose the JR (here's hoping!) then I wonder if they will be more receptive to future offers.
I don't think there's any doubt,
Also it keeps being asked if they can pursue the legal process after relinquishing control of the club, I would imagine they can ' but I really don't think they'd want to.
If by some miracle they manage to win the JR, they will obviously be looking for compensation, if they are still here
They can say the actions against us have forced us down to this level.
Worryingly the lower we are as a club, they may see as better for their chances.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

I don't think there's any doubt,
Also it keeps being asked if they can pursue the legal process after relinquishing control of the club, I would imagine they can ' but I really don't think they'd want to.
If by some miracle they manage to win the JR, they will obviously be looking for compensation, if they are still here
They can say the actions against us have forced us down to this level.
Worryingly the lower we are as a club, they may see as better for their chances.

If they did sell for a derisory offer they could also claim it was derisory because of the detrimental effect that the events covered in the JR had on the value of the club as any compensation claim.

Maybe it's a good indication that they don't expect to win the JR that they won't sell. Either that or GH's offers haven't been derisory enough for them to sell and then play the victim in any compensation claim.

Warwickhunt

as soon as SISU go there would a flood of season tickets sold thats what GH is gambling on! Mind you with our fickle fans
i would'nt trust that sort of gamble recon he would need at least 12-15k to make it work

Brylowes

If they did sell for a derisory offer they could also claim it was derisory because of the detrimental effect that the events covered in the JR had on the value of the club as any compensation claim.

Maybe it's a good indication that they don't expect to win the JR that they won't sell. Either that or GH's offers haven't been derisory enough for them to sell and then play the victim in any compensation claim.
Well yeah. But then his lordship could point out that the derisory offer you accepted
And subsequently sold it for, wasn't a million miles away from the derisory amount
You bought the club for in the 1st place.
So you did quite well. Now Fuck Off.

That's The judge to SISU Tony, not me to you. ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Any one actually clear as to what is being bid for? I am no longer certain

a) ownership of Otium
b) assets less football creditors
c) something else

I cannot see why anyone would buy Otium
I don't know I've never really seen it specified as to what is being bid on in any reports, only what you have continually told us when saying it was a terrible offer so I thought you knew for fact or was it just assumption?

RegTheDonk

Just for arguments sake Hoffman has got that amount of money, but only just! What does he take the Club forward with if he gives it all to Sepalla?
The same way as now I guess Kid. CCFC has to be able to walk on is own two feet. Perhaps no difference - except the owners aren't taking interest on any loans?

Fisher is a **** but his vision of self sufficiency is valid. We can't rely on sugar daddys, or finding the next wonder kid from the youth team to sell at a healthy profit.

Sky Blue Kid

The same way as now I guess Kid. CCFC has to be able to walk on is own two feet. Perhaps no difference - except the owners aren't taking interest on any loans?

Fisher is a **** but his vision of self sufficiency is valid. We can't rely on sugar daddys, or finding the next wonder kid from the youth team to sell at a healthy profit.

The thing is Reg. We all know the support would come flooding back the minute SISU do one. Hoffman would get(Over the season) the financial support from the fans "ST's" "POTG" Sponsorships, Sales of Executive boxes, corporate ect. I wouldn't mind us struggling a little in that first season knowing it was all for the good of the Football Club. IMHO anyone thinking that we would struggle with attendances would be more that a little surprised. I'd estimate anywhere between 16-20k on takeover.

SkyblueBazza

The trouble is - with CCFC there is so much money involved (owed) with such small asset & relatively little turnover, anyone investing is only ever going to have their own financial interests at heart.
The offers already refused show us that only a consortium of much greater clout will stand a chance, or some more money than sense benefactor that is solely ego obsessed

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Thats exactly what Joy said.

Users who are viewing this thread