Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (2 Viewers)

wingy

I wonder If while all the parties were in the same vicinity last Sunday the FL have given council on the Clubs future home after next season.
A little pressure /push so to speak?

Captain Dart

I fucking hate Joe Elliott. And I hate his smarmy fucking used car salesman grin. And I hate his Mr fucking Coventry reputation even more than that. There. I said it.
Don't sit on the fence old man :happy:

olderskyblue

It's an interesting point - not unfair except that as with all other businesses you can't solely focus on cutting costs, you've also got to measure how well the product is doing. I think for a football club that has to at least in part relate to league position, becuase that's ultimately going to relate to how much money you have coming in. At the moment of course, that metric appears to be on an endless downward trend!

You could make the case that now is actually the ideal time to sell. We're relegated, but we've got a good manager in place and the basis for a squad that looks like it might be competitive in League 2. Someone buying the club now could promise some relatively minor investment, capitalise on the goodwill post-Wembley and get season tickets sales rising for next season rather than falling. If we lose half of the squad over the summer, drop a couple of thousand on renewals and start poorly in L2, then we'll have slid a bit further down the cycle imho.

It's as near the "top of the cycle" as we're likely to get with SISU in charge :emoji_frowning2:

Captain Dart

Depends which cycle you mean. He's cut the losses. Financially things are better than when he said that. We have no long term commitments... so we are costing nothing and have no baggage - apart from Arvo loans. Deal has to be made with Arco ( SISU ). Relatively simple construction.

League position is not the main point here.
I think it depends on whether it will take time or money to achieve promotion, the club is worth a bit more in D3 than D4, but is the difference worth bothering about?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Erm... technically the bond price has been sliding in the wrong direction for a while now.

WASPS 22 retail bondtechnical analysis (WAS1) - London Stock Exchange

Obviously you've got a personal interest in them doing well, but I wouldn't be quoting the bond price as evidence, personally because I don't think it stacks up.

As far as the takeover goes, who here wouldn't want to see different owners, but the story looks a bit thin to me. I don't entirely trust the CET's rebuttal having said that, it's the classic 'sources say' approach that's impossible to verify either way.

Regardless, I'm still reminded of Fisher's 'you don't sell at the bottom of the cycle' line. I'm not sure exactly when he first said that, but I'm pretty sure we were further up the cycle then than we are now!
Not at the bottom yet

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The guy who posted the pictures on the Facebook group originally has now gone into meltdown.

He is saying he is waiting for the Police as Gilbert used his name without permission, and apparently someone sent a threat to his kids or something as a result of the rumour posted.

Point one is ironic as he posted pictures of other people without permission, point two is no alright whatsoever, but getting the Police involved on both counts is ridiculously over the top. This guy has just lost a lot of credibility for me.

Captain Dart

The guy who posted the pictures on the Facebook group originally has now gone into meltdown.

He is saying he is waiting for the Police as Gilbert used his name without permission, and apparently someone sent a threat to his kids or something as a result of the rumour posted.

Point one is ironic as he posted pictures of other people without permission, point two is no alright whatsoever, but getting the Police involved on both counts is ridiculously over the top. This guy has just lost a lot of credibility for me.
Use your own name on social media at your own risk.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I fucking hate Joe Elliott. And I hate his smarmy fucking used car salesman grin. And I hate his Mr fucking Coventry reputation even more than that. There. I said it.
Do you get so angry about Fisher? Now I fucking hate Tim Fisher. And I hate his smarmy, condescending, sewer trawling fucking rodent features. And I hate his Mr fucking all I want is the best for this club,may I say all in equal measure.

rupert_bear

Rumours were always going to happen especially with the season coming to an end and Elliott and Hoffman were always going to reapere they are fans hurting as we all are with the perilous state ccfc are in. I don't know if there's any substance on this latest rumour what I do believe is Mark Robins came back because of reasons he knows could happen and I don't believe they are Fisher or sisu reasons we just have to cross our fingers and hope something is on the horizon if not we that's ccfc survival is at a big risk

Terry Gibson's perm

I don't know if it will happen but it can't be much worse than these shits have done two relegation, admin no ground etc.

I am another that hates the self titled Mr Coventry but am pleased to see Hoffman there as he is no mug and must know people with serious dough.

Captain Dart

Exactly, gilbert will try and get him the sack now.
Really? That is a bit of a strong accusation isn’t it.

hutch1972

Whatever denials are being printed , the people involved are adamant things are happening.
It would seem pointless to me if they continued with the rumour regardless.

Nick

Administrator
Whatever denials are being printed , the people involved are adamant things are happening.
It would seem pointless to me if they continued with the rumour regardless.
People involved as in elliott and hoffman? I'd bet keys will be shouting his mouth off soon too.

If only they had a hill to mingle on

Colin Steins Smile

If and it is a BIG IF there are discussions being undertaken, then don't expect anything to happen too quickly as:
a] Agreeing an outline settlement will be tough
b] Undertaking due diligence is bound to raise a raft of issues and potential factors to create a variance to terms.
c] The legal teams will take time scrutinising any potential agreement
d] The JR2 may need to run it's course before SISU/Avro make a decision on whether they want to dispose of the club.

Warwickhunt

are we writing the telegraph strap lines now then?

Captain Dart

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
"A word of advice.Don't believe everything you read on Sky Blue talk.What is their source? What's their track record of reliable information?"

Actually my track record and understanding is excellent, not worried by any comparison with Mr Chima or Mr Gilbert .................. next:banghead::banghead:

It isn't about personal egos though ............ i think the future of CCFC is far more important than that, obviously others differ

hill83

Thats the pot calling the kettle a liar isn't it.

The thing that annoys me about stuff like this is the thought that this forum is one thing. The same happens towards twitter or Facebook. The whole lot is just people posting shit on the internet.

There's informed people on here, on Facebook, on twitter etc. But there is also dickheads. You can't dismiss an entire medium because there's a few dickheads on it. Back slapping nonsense and I've had to make a comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread