Rumour: Hoffman and Elliot takeover negotiations (19 Viewers)

rupert_bear

I am another that hates the self titled Mr Coventry but am pleased to see Hoffman there as he is no mug and must know people with serious dough.
Can you tell me why you HATE Joe Elliott. Strong word is hate, do you know him personally ? and I'm not sure he is self titled Mr Coventry either I think that came from the cet years ago. I do know in time gone by he has sponsored teams at ccfc mainly youth teams I believe

skybluesam66

Can you tell me why you HATE Joe Elliott. Strong word is hate, do you know him personally ? and I'm not sure he is self titled Mr Coventry either I think that came from the cet years ago. I do know in time gone by he has sponsored teams at ccfc mainly youth teams I believe
he did sponsor the 1st team for 1 season

Colin Steins Smile

Joe Elliott's father was a city fan and along with the Walter Brandish [Vauxhall Brandish] they sponsored city youth teams, when no-one else was interested. Joe has put money into city teams, again when no-one else seemed interested. From my perspective criticism of Joe seems harsh, as he has put his own money into the club, albeit within a finite budget.

ccfc92

What's Hoffman's story? Wasn't he involved at Northern Rock or something?

Does he have a decent amount of money, or would external investors be needed if JE and Hoff took over the club?

Johnnythespider

The guy who posted the pictures on the Facebook group originally has now gone into meltdown.

He is saying he is waiting for the Police as Gilbert used his name without permission, and apparently someone sent a threat to his kids or something as a result of the rumour posted.

Point one is ironic as he posted pictures of other people without permission, point two is no alright whatsoever, but getting the Police involved on both counts is ridiculously over the top. This guy has just lost a lot of credibility for me.
Gilbert apparently rang this guy and offered anonymity if he told him where he got this from, the guy told him he couldn't and wouldn't, hence the story naming him in the telegraph. Journalists really are down there with the bottom feeders in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Joe Elliott's father was a city fan and along with the Walter Brandish [Vauxhall Brandish] they sponsored city youth teams, when no-one else was interested. Joe has put money into city teams, again when no-one else seemed interested. From my perspective criticism of Joe seems harsh, as he has put his own money into the club, albeit within a finite budget.
People who actually do things for the club get criticised by those that do nothing for the club.
Similar with the trust where their heart is in the right place they get slagged off for trying by those doing again absolutely nothing.
Here we 'might' have a couple of guys that just 'might' do the right thing, but we can see on here that some would sooner stick with Sisu.
Joe and Gary if your reading this, it's only a few people getting on this bandwagon the majority of fans want you to give it a go.

Last edited:

duffer

Does he have a decent amount of money, or would external investors be needed if JE and Hoff took over the club?

Hoffman's got connections through his years in banking apparently. I guess like JE he's pretty well of, but I don't think he's in the really big leagues financially so this would be about getting the right people or organisations to invest I think.

theferret

Senior roles at Barclays, Northern Rock and now CEO of Hastings Insurance iirc. Clearly successful and well connected, but I doubt he has the personal wealth to launch a bid on his own, but that's never really been on the cards. Whether these rumours are true or not, it wouldn't surprise me if Hoffman was involved in some way in a future takeover.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
involvements are as follows

Hoffman
Gary Andrew HOFFMAN - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

Elliott
Joseph Warden ELLIOTT - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

Sure they are both well intentioned good guys and definite CCFC fans but my gut feeling is for a clean break with the past and that includes Hoffman & Elliott. They were both involved for years contributing to the mess,I have no faith in them solving it, and definitely not with a deal as described previously. Personal opinion is that I wouldn't want them leading our club or on the Board of directors - and if this is all about the prosperity and well being of the club that shouldn't stop them using their contacts should it

NortonSkyBlue

I know that Gary Hoffman has been following us home and away for decades, he is undeserving of such venom. He has tried his best to make the club better and has had some successes and some failures.
Joe Elliott is another who has his heart in the right place and has proven that over the decades.
These guys have put their heads above the parapet and are there to be shot at but those that criticize them for trying are the same people who suggest withholding support and do fuck all to improve the lot of the club they say they support.
Whether this succeeds or not I know that we will never have owners who have the love and best interests of the club at heart than these gentlemen.

Grendel

Hoffman
Gary Andrew HOFFMAN - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

Elliott
Joseph Warden ELLIOTT - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)

Sure they are both well intentioned good guys and definite CCFC fans but my gut feeling is for a clean break with the past and that includes Hoffman & Elliott. They were both involved for years contributing to the mess and I have no faith in them solving it, and definitely not with a deal as described previously. Personal opinion is that I wouldn't want them leading our club or on the Board of directors

Agreed. Elliot's primary motivation with Haskell seemed to be around becoming chairman.

He's a nice enough bloke but in my opinion never chairman material.

torchomatic

I do know in time gone by he has sponsored teams at ccfc mainly youth teams I believe

Which makes it ironic he wanted to shut the adacemy down at one point.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Gilbert apparently rang this guy and offered anonymity if he told him where he got this from, the guy told him he couldn't and wouldn't, hence the story naming him in the telegraph. Journalists really are down there with the bottom feeders in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
That's a good one.

Almost as good as the one about Hoffman and Elliott having a bid accepted for CCFC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Grendel

Great to see Coventrys version of Bob Woodward making an appearance on here.

torchomatic

That's a good one.

Almost as good as the one about Hoffman and Elliott having a bid accepted for CCFC.

Has it had the 2000 clicks yet?

theferret

Hoffman

Elliott

Sure they are both well intentioned good guys and definite CCFC fans but my gut feeling is for a clean break with the past and that includes Hoffman & Elliott. They were both involved for years contributing to the mess,I have no faith in them solving it, and definitely not with a deal as described previously. Personal opinion is that I wouldn't want them leading our club or on the Board of directors - and if this is all about the prosperity and well being of the club that shouldn't stop them using their contacts should it

Not sure I necessarily agree about Hoffman. He was hardly hands-on during his time on the board, and his appointment to it coincided with him taking the job on at Northern Rock - which was in a terrible state when he went there, so hardly a part-time undertaking. Not sure how much of a contribution he made to the 'mess' at CCFC before he had the sense to get out and distance himself from SISU. Elliott fair enough, nothing against him personally but I think he is too closely linked to failures of the past (from well before 2008).

Kingokings204

That's a good one.

Has enough CT comments been put on yet or are you waiting for the full 100 clicks?

Nick

Administrator
The one hundreds of people were talking about, and being misled by, that we clarified?

Can't have people misled can we? Well, until you want to sell a book.

Back on here now the Facebook group fucked you off?

robbiekeane

That's a good one.

Pays your bills though doesnt it? You at least need something to copy and plaster self starting videos all over.

Embarrassing

Kingokings204

The one hundreds of people were talking about, and being misled by, that we clarified?

The article didn't clarify anything. Unless it's been updated.

Yes just checked. It clarifies now you think it's bollocks.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Interesting that the two lead reporters in the City clearly regularly read and take note of such a low standard, inaccurate forum. One quotes from it, the other comments on it, and both newspapers have sourced story content from it in the past

Still like I said it shouldn't be about ego or for that matter childish and abusive "banter" from anyone ................ sadly it seems to be too often in my opinion

Monners

Not sure I necessarily agree about Hoffman. He was hardly hands-on during his time on the board, and his appointment to it coincided with him taking the job on at Northern Rock - which was in a terrible state when he went there, so hardly a part-time undertaking. Not sure how much of a contribution he made to the 'mess' at CCFC before he had the sense to get out and distance himself from SISU. Elliott fair enough, nothing against him personally but I think he is too closely linked to failures of the past (from well before 2008).
I think this is fair comment.

Users who are viewing this thread