SBT Championship Texaco League Competition? (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Is he a defender? I think he might get minus 1 as it goes because I think defenders get 1 point for making an appearance and then 3 points for a clean sheet but are docked 1 point per goal conceded. So he would have got 1 point for the appearance and docked 2 points for the 2 goals Pompey let in... Don't take my word for it though but I think that's how it works! See what happens when it's updated.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Right so after the first weekend of football being played in the Championship we now have the first points on the board on the Texaco League. From the first games 18 points currently seperate the 17 teams from top to bottom with wexfordskyblue going straight to the summit with 14 points while TC XI currently occupy bottom spot on -4 points, 5 points off Singers FC who are 16th with 1 point. Ma_Ma_Ma_Carl_Baker and smileycov are joint 2nd with 12 points with SkyBlueKay's Cheeky Monkey's are close behind them in 3rd place with 11 points.

Ma_Ma_Ma_Carl_Baker currently has the most goals in his team: 4

The biggest flops of the weekend were Barnsley who leaked 4 goals without reply so if you have Barnsley's keeper or any of the back 4 that played for them in that game you would have lost at least 3 points from them. Remember your captain scores double points and that includes minus points as well so Barnsley's keeper would have given you -6 points.

The top goalscorers of the weekend were our very own Freddy Eastwood with 2 goals and Watford's Graham for his 2 goals against Norwich earning them at least 6 points each.

Last edited:

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
SkyBlueKay's Cheeky Monkey's are close behind them in 3rd place with 11 points.

:D
If only I hadn't gone with Elliott Ward! I'd have had 13 points I think!

Last edited:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im so gonna come last havlf my players dint even play lol stupid hull city, why they leave bullard out and cligan better play next week ha feck off doyle ya mog lol.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
More injury updates:

Nicky Maynard - Bristol City: Maynard could be out for another 4 weeks following confirmation that he requires knee surgery. He was Bristol's top scorer last season but has not kicked a ball in pre-season. Bristol City are also without Danny Haynes and on-loan striker Sam Vokes

Chris McCann - Burnley: The midfielder will be out for a minumum of 6 months following major knee surgery.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Got a couple more requests from people to join this league although I'm not sure who they are, one is Peter Shilton, I guess that's not THE Peter Shilton.... reeks of Neo to me! No reply within 7 days and I will deny the request. I might just deny the other one now actually because his team is called Mighty Derby and his team his full of sheep so clearly not from this site.

Anyway confirm who you are on here and I will accept you into the League if you aren't already in...

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Welcome to the league Peter Shilton haha.

Obviously you have missed out on valuable points from the first games but you're still not bottom!

We will see where this weekends results puts everyone.

Bopquar

Thanks.

Peter Shilton was the first name that popped into my head. Dont like putting my real name on sites.

SkyBlueMania

I'm a wee bit late but i've joined up anyway! I won my Premiership fantasy league last season and i'm feeling pretty good about this one!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Ive made a few changes aswell,took Hobbs out,leicester looking dodgy at back.Im not moaning i just think alot of people will be putting the same players in i.e the ones who are doing well.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
True but there's always the risk that you put someone in who's doing well at the time and then he goes through a dry spell or gets injured and the one you thought would do well in the first place who you have now replaced might start firing in the goals.. plus there is a budget so you wouldn't be able to get all the obvious best players.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
After the second week of league football the Sky Blues Talk Championship has seen a lot of movement mostly around mid table. The top of the table has stayed the same with wexfordskyblue leading with 28 points and Ma_Ma_Ma_Carl_Baker in 2nd place with 22 points. Third position is now occupied by Coventry La La La on 21 points. Singers FC are rock bottom with 5 points, 4 points off 18th where TC XI have 9 points. (There are now 19 teams in the league after 2 teams joined in after the first week of games)

The highest goalscoring teams are wexfordskyblue, Neo can't win like me and trevorsathispeake whose teams have all scored 4.

Injury Updates:

Grant Leadbitter - Ipswich Town - Due to have a scan on an ankle injury he suffered in Town's game against Burnley on Saturday. It is not known how long he will be out for at this stage but he left Portman Road on cruthces and could be out for some time.

Kevin Thomson - McBoro - Thomson is out for 2 months after fracturing the fibula in his right leg during Boro's 0-0 draw with Leicester.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Bloody Boyd, what a waste :mad:

Anybody paid for Bellers? Think I might work a way to put him in :cool:

6th :whistle:

I had Boyd but I took him out of my team on Friday and he scored today! Saying that I replaced him with Bellamy who scored and had 2 assists :p

You're 6th at the moment but this weekend of football hasn't been updated yet, the points are updated every Monday so expect a lot of shifting around in the league tomorrow ;)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
So it's Monday again and the weekends points have been updated onto The Sky Blues Talk Championship on Texaco.

As it stands wexfordskyblue has not only kept his place at the summit, he's also gave himself 18 points worth of breathing space - He is top with 54 points while Lincoln Sky Blues are 2nd with 36. The League is a lot tighter after 2nd place with CCFC Championship Winners, trevorsathispeake, my team Andy's Sky Blues, Cheeky Monkeys and Nancy Botwin's Sky Blues all within 5 points of 2nd place. The bottom teams might want to consider making a few transfers to offload the flops as Singers FC are bottom on 8 points - 7 points off 18th placed TC XI while FC Lady Godiva have slipped into the bottom 3 with 18 points.

wexfordskyblue has the most goals in his team: 8

wexfordskyblue also has the most assists in his team: 8

Notable high scorers of the weekend came from Wales. Former Sky Blue Jay Bothroyd scored twice against Doncaster earning him 6 points. Bothroyd would have gave you a massive 12 points single handedly if he was your captain before the weekends games - more points than Singers FC's entire team has managed to amass in 3 weekends of football. His strike partner - also a former sky blue is the Bluebirds new boy Craig Bellamy who managed to score 5 points in that game scoring a goal and making an assist.

On the injury front Michael Chopra is set to be sidelined for a few weeks after an injury to his ankle in the game against Doncaster so get him out of your team or you will lose out on some points.

Tune in next Monday after we find out what this weekends football brings ;)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
There seem to be a couple of newcomers to the League please confirm who you are on here and I will accept you :)

Cheers

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
After the weekends results wexfordskyblue remains top of the league with 60 points although the margin at the top is starting to get tighter and it could change for the first time with the games coming in thick and fast in coming weeks. trevorsathispeake is in second place with 50 points closely followed by me with 48 points in 3rd.

wexfordskyblue has the most goals in his team 11
trevorsathispeake have made the most assists 11

Teams struggling for points really need to use their transfers to get rid of flops and injured players. After the hype surrounding Kris Boyd at the start of the season, his £1.275m price tag on Texaco seems unjustified as he has only accumulated a measly 3 points so far. £1.175m will get you Burnley's Chris Iwelumo who has scored 15 points so far and is on top form after bagging a hat-trick over local rivals Preston on Saturday.

With Championship league fixtures being played tomorrow the league could well change around by the end of the week....

Sort your teams out!

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
This weeks standings are;
wexfordskyblue 72 points
cheeky Monkeys (ME!!) 67 points
CCFC Championship Winners 65 points
trevorsathispeake 63 points (13 assists)
Nancy Botwin's Sky Blues 63 points (9 assists)

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
This weeks standings are;
wexfordskyblue 72 points
cheeky Monkeys (ME!!) 67 points
CCFC Championship Winners 65 points
trevorsathispeake 63 points (13 assists)
Nancy Botwin's Sky Blues 63 points (9 assists)

Cheers Kay, I'm not at home this week I will do my proper analysis next Monday after the Preston game. You've shot up the league! Probably from Mackie bagging a few goals.

PUSB

Sky Blue Luke

Forgot about this, Snodgrass and Whittingham haven't played :D

And Freddy's been my captain for the past couple of weeks :rolleyes:

I guess King should be in for saturday?

Users who are viewing this thread