SCG Meeting Summary from 9/7/2013 (1 Viewer)

wingy

Well as we know the council went and took it all for themselves. If Timmy isn't fibbing (a big if) then not sure what to make of it.

They were getting a lot of heat from fans /constituents at the time.:thinking about:

kingharvest

you do know who makes up the SCG and who was at the meeting dont you Godiva?

as for where it started then was it September or October 2012? because that is when this supoosed agreement on the loan was made? How far back do you choose to go?

TF also said they didnt have to settle the loan at 14m ...... could have got it done for £4m or so he said ....... but per the above they would split the debt £7m each?

OSB - that may be my misinterpretation (the £7m each bit). The actual Fisher comment reads as follows:

In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal.SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt. In simple terms this meant that by buying out the debt both halves of the stadium company equity would get an uplift in value – which was the motivation for the council to not veto the purchase of the Higgs stake. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout) and the Higgs-Sisu deal never happened. Fast forward to Feb 2013 and ACL say they will no longer negotiate. In March ACL forced the admin issue and issued an administration order - the rest we know.

Apologies if i've confused things there.

wingy

This is where it all began ... but nobody cares about the origin of the mess.
Where the bloody Hell are the reporters? Fisher has been saying this for months, yet all people do is call him a liar. Noone dare challenge the CCC or ACL. Nobody ask about Hoffman/Elliot and their timely arrival on the stage. Nobody ask why and how the former ACL chaiman became director at Yorkshire Bank.

But tie a balloon on Fishers car ... that steals the headlines!

Good job by SCG trying to at least keep communication lines open to the club - something the Trust has completely failed the last months.
I'd say the Guy who went to YB has been the sharpest cookie of them all.

Noggin

OSB - that may be my misinterpretation (the £7m each bit). The actual Fisher comment reads as follows:

In 2012 SISU and the council came to an agreement whereby SISU could buy half the Higgs share and the council would not veto the deal.SISU and the council agreed to either split the debt purchase or Sisu buy out all the bank debt. In simple terms this meant that by buying out the debt both halves of the stadium company equity would get an uplift in value – which was the motivation for the council to not veto the purchase of the Higgs stake. But the council then decided they would buy-out all the debt (via a £14m bailout) and the Higgs-Sisu deal never happened. Fast forward to Feb 2013 and ACL say they will no longer negotiate. In March ACL forced the admin issue and issued an administration order - the rest we know.

you havn't confused anything unless the "(via a £14 million bailout)" wasn't said by fisher. What OSB said applies however the 14 mill is split

J

Jack Griffin

The origin of strained relationships between council/charity & SISU goes back much further than TF would like to suggest.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15823850

Geoffrey Robinson.

They've not put up any money to invest in the club and that's the principle criticism I would have of them”
"We've got to find ways of making them do so [leave]. They've lost credibility with the council and the charity.

Neither of them think they're the proper people to take ownership of the stadium, which should always have been with the club.
"I don't know if they're good owners or not. What we do know is that they've not put up any money to invest in the club and that's the principle criticism I would have of them."

Also the council vote to take over the debt was unanimous http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-21033825
If there were issues about it not being the right thing to do then I think there would have been some opposition, the unanimity of that vote tells me that more is yet to come out.

Ashdown1

To give some balance you want to believe something the twerp says but in truth it's almost impossible after all the previous bullshit and bluster. Of course there is two sides to this debacle, on one side you have a distrusted London based hedge fund trying desperately to recoup investors money and secure an outlet to seemingly dump debt on and on the other a company albeit local who are anxious to protect their bottom line and real costs of running a huge community asset. Deals were done years ago that have not necessarily benefited the football club and advantage has been taken of the footfall brought by the clubs fans, thing is when the deals were struck the club was once again on its knees and out with a begging bowl so needed help in funding what is basically a Premiership Arena. The upshot is the club has to break even, as does the Arena and the contracts with Compass etc have to also be honoured.
All that said moving the club 35 miles away from its main fanbase is going to instigate further losses and financial hardship for all interested parties !!

ajsccfc

I still don't buy any of it, but I would like a squiz at any site plans and architectural designs.

wingy

Considering we've been told they were preferred bidder for Brandon and that seemingly up in smoke ,the path Is a rocky one .

Godiva

you do know who makes up the SCG and who was at the meeting dont you Godiva?

as for where it started then was it September or October 2012? because that is when this supoosed agreement on the loan was made? How far back do you choose to go?

TF also said they didnt have to settle the loan at 14m ...... could have got it done for £4m or so he said ....... but per the above they would split the debt £7m each?

The story TF tells over and over is this:
sisu/ccc agree a plan that will have sisu buy the Higgs shares. Sisu would buy out the ACL mortgage - yes, at a discounted level (which required the rent strike, my opinion). Sisu would then discharge the mortgage, and by doing so increase the share value in ACL.
I don't remember him putting in a number - wasn't it in fact the two of us who a year ago speculated that the number could be around £5m?

It's the first time I see a report that there was a suggestion of ccc/sisu splitting the mortgage. Maybe it was discussed, but the agreement ended up with sisu to buy it all?

My take is:
The council turned on the deal at the time the rent strike was in effect, when ACL chairman went to YB and Hoffman/Elliot turned up with PH4.

I really, truly would like to know what caused the council to back down. Were they playing sisu from the start of the negotiations? Did they suddenly get scared of doing something illegal? Were somebody tapping into the 'brotherhood'?
Or is it after all just a figment of Fishers imagination?

Ashdown1

Yes you know the rent strike that involved SISU paying almost nothing to use a fantastic Arena whilst handing out stupid contracts to underforming or injured players and slipping down the League pyramid. All the while dumping strange and ludicrous £2.6 million administration charges on the club, adding to the debt pile that we were told didn't actually exist?

fernandopartridge

Yes you know the rent strike that involved SISU paying almost nothing to use a fantastic Arena whilst handing out stupid contracts to underforming or injured players and slipping down the League pyramid. All the while dumping strange and ludicrous £2.6 million administration charges on the club, adding to the debt pile that we were told didn't actually exist?

Sorry Ashdown, the general line is that SISU didn't hand out enough stupid contracts and sold all the best players causing relegation.

Or has that changed as well now?

torchomatic

Tim Fisher pores over the plans for HR2 with architect Chad Valley.

Subb6.jpg

I still don't buy any of it, but I would like a squiz at any site plans and architectural designs.

torchomatic

He's saying to the speccy twat "The floodlights work and everything, though we haven't got any batteries yet".

Before I get any complaints, I happen to be a speccy twat, so I'm allowed to say it.

Loving Tim's Christmas jumper... you just know he's still got one of those...

;)

shmmeee

The origin of strained relationships between council/charity & SISU goes back much further than TF would like to suggest.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15823850

Also the council vote to take over the debt was unanimous http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-21033825
If there were issues about it not being the right thing to do then I think there would have been some opposition, the unanimity of that vote tells me that more is yet to come out.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you or not but just to be clear: that article is about unanimous support for bailing out ACL after the Sisu deal went south, not the Sisu deal itself.

If I had to hazard a guess it would be that upon further inspection of the Sisu offer the council realised they were going to get screwed. This is pretty standard for any Sisu contract. They then pulled out. I'd also suggest that Sisu are to blame for any bad blood due to their negotiating tactics (legal but not ethical)

The long and the short of it is there was always a very generous offer to the club for the Ricoh the club got greedy and are now throwing their toys out the pram to get what they want.

Fuck em. I hope they burn. This isn't about logic or reason any more. They fucked with something dear to me and now I want revenge.

I'm anti-capital punishment and pacifist. If someone messed with my daughter Id kill then in a heart beat even though I know its wrong. Same deal here.

wingy

The construction of the Otium Entity is where this was nurtured ,allegedly TF was operating In the wings months before taking his directorship.

torchomatic

Sounds like a teen slasher flick.

Coming this summer in 3D....The Otium Entity

The construction of the Otium Entity is where this was nurtured ,allegedly TF was operating In the wings months before taking his directorship.

torchomatic

Fisher: It's modular too. If we want to increase capacity, we just glue another bit on the top of the stand over there.

Speccy Twat: What scale is this?

Fisher: Er.... 1:1

Subb6.jpg

Cityfan1

If, and i agree it is a big if, these events are a factual report on the negotiation's that were held between SISU and CCC in regards to the debt purchase of the Yorkshire banks mortgage as well as the Higgs share, then it does raise a question as far as a post by PWKH in reply to a post by luwalla on the 'here comes Fisher thread' saying that ''the Council were never asked about an agreement to purchase the Higgs share, so it could not have been vetoed''
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/33377-here-comes-fisher/page21

letsallsingtogether

That's a stupid comment to make if you don't know who was there?
Good job by SCG trying to at least keep communication lines open to the club - something the Trust has completely failed the last months.

DazzleTommyDazzle

If I've got this right, Timmy claims that the original deal was for the council and SISU to each buy out half of ACL's bank debt.

What actually happened was that the council bought out all of it. SISU then launched their legal action, claiming that this was an illegal act by the council.

Doesn't it seem a little odd that in the original deal SISU were (presumably) happy for the council to buy the debt, but then all of a sudden turn into "concerned citizens" trying to "prevent an abuse of council power"?

wingy

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you or not but just to be clear: that article is about unanimous support for bailing out ACL after the Sisu deal went south, not the Sisu deal itself.

If I had to hazard a guess it would be that upon further inspection of the Sisu offer the council realised they were going to get screwed. This is pretty standard for any Sisu contract. They then pulled out. I'd also suggest that Sisu are to blame for any bad blood due to their negotiating tactics (legal but not ethical)

The long and the short of it is there was always a very generous offer to the club for the Ricoh the club got greedy and are now throwing their toys out the pram to get what they want.

Fuck em. I hope they burn. This isn't about logic or reason any more. They fucked with something dear to me and now I want revenge.

I'm anti-capital punishment and pacifist. If someone messed with my daughter Id kill then in a heart beat even though I know its wrong. Same deal here.

Its personal for us and I think it is from the top for them .the destruction of this football Club would not matter to the Bitch at the Top ,Or Franchising It away from this City ,Massive satisfaction i'd wager.

ajsccfc

I wish I'd have got the full Subbuteo stadium set. I had the TV camera gantry and the orange Adidas Tangos* and that was it.

*in case there was ever heavy snowfall in my bedroom

wingy

Well I can see scenarios where it might, if a potential offer came along that was better for the council's wider needs, agenda and policy.

We really need this judicial review over and done with, one way or another.

I'd seriously question the timing and motives for this JR .

The CCC bailout occurred late Jan IIRC , Papers Issued April, no prospect of being heard before the season Kick off,Too convenient ??:thinking about:

Why such a delay?? Now an obstacle to negotiation,or just the pace of the Law in this country. I'd have expected a much swifter Action.

NorthernWisdom

I'd seriously question the timing and motives for this JR .

The CCC bailout occurred late Jan IIRC , Papers Issued April, no prospect of being heard before the season Kick off,Too convenient ??:thinking about:

Why such a delay?? Now an obstacle to negotiation,or just the pace of the Law in this country. I'd have expected a much swifter Action.

FWIW I can doubt it too. The cynical part of me says what better way to introduce doubt than a spot of smoke without fire.

However, if they happen to be right, it's just as important it's over quickly, as that smoke would be real!

Either way it's not to our advantage for it to drag on.

Anyway, the law does indeed move slowly! Might be important to us, but in the scheme of things, just another case to fit into a schedule.

wingy

FWIW I can doubt it too. The cynical part of me says what better way to introduce doubt than a spot of smoke without fire.

However, if they happen to be right, it's just as important it's over quickly, as that smoke would be real!

Anyway, the law does indeed move slowly! Might be important to us, but in the scheme of things, just another case to fit into a schedule.

Its more to do with the Initial delay of three months that gives me doubt more than anything else.

torchomatic

I wanted it too, but looking back now through adult eyes you wouldn't have been able to play it anyway as the stands would be in the way. I had the TV gantry too.

I wish I'd have got the full Subbuteo stadium set. I had the TV camera gantry and the orange Adidas Tangos* and that was it.

*in case there was ever heavy snowfall in my bedroom

DazzleTommyDazzle

But as discussed earlier, they didn't seem to have a problem with the council putting funds in when it was going to be half each.

Presumably they had some form of damascene conversion.....:whistle:

ajsccfc

I wanted it too, but looking back now through adult eyes you wouldn't have been able to play it anyway as the stands would be in the way. I had the TV gantry too.

I think that put me off a little. It looked great but you'd have to take up yoga to get comfortable playing it over those big stands. I'd end up using it as a battlefield for my green army men, Black Hawk Down style.

Ashdown1

Sorry Ashdown, the general line is that SISU didn't hand out enough stupid contracts and sold all the best players causing relegation.

Or has that changed as well now?

Not from me. I've never advocated the club running insolvently to accommodate the wage demands of the likes of Sheffers, Richard Wood and David Bell etc We are what we are these days and if the club { SISU} want to make demands on all suppliers/contracts then they cannot be seen to be throwing money around on a series of piss poor managers and equally underperforming and poor value players.
The tragedy of all of this is both on the pitch and undoubtedly off the pitch the club were making positive strides. With the removal of the high earners this summer and the shrewd acquisition of a few more Blair Adams type finds we could have been solvent and competitive for the first time in a few years..................Problem is SISU then showed their true colours and ambitions which was an outright and obvious attempt at landgrab by distressing the current owners of the stadium. They've now fucked the whole shebang up for everyone including themselves !

fernandopartridge

If I've got this right, Timmy claims that the original deal was for the council and SISU to each buy out half of ACL's bank debt.

What actually happened was that the council bought out all of it. SISU then launched their legal action, claiming that this was an illegal act by the council.

Doesn't it seem a little odd that in the original deal SISU were (presumably) happy for the council to buy the debt, but then all of a sudden turn into "concerned citizens" trying to "prevent an abuse of council power"?

They're not concerned citizens, they're bringing the case as an economic entity trading in the European Union who has been disadvantaged by a public body distorting the market in favour of another entity.

Users who are viewing this thread