Season tickets: to buy or not to buy? (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

The whole issue for me is whether we are in Coventry or not. I don't like the owners and I want them out but if we remain at the Ricoh I will support the team. However, I wont renew my season ticket and this will only be on a match by match basis as I'm not willing to give my cash to them without them spending some of theirs. If they get players in that the manager wants then I'm there every week and if they don't then they can do one. If they leave Cov then I'm gone and I wont be there home or away.

Chinny_Hill

At the Ricoh? No brainer. Option 3.

Overwhelming desire has to be a Coventry City team playing IN Coventry. Stay at the Ricoh and that is exactly what we'll get.

Okay, so we don't like the owners. Did we all stop going when the unholy trinity of Richardson, McGinnity and Robinson were in charge?

We stay here and are successful on the field then Sisu will go anyway.

Remember, we weren't that far away from the play-offs last season with Sisu at the helm were we!

Otis, how long do we continue our head long plunge into obscurity before our fan base realise that we are not going to be succesful on the field without an owner focused on the team? Do you think SISU are going to let go because of anything that the team do? The team is a distraction on the periphery of what they are trying to achive. Hold on to your dreams for as long as you like, I appreciate there will be a hard core who will follow the team whichever league we are in, and fair play to them. In the end their loyalty is just that, and for those of us who remember what the team were once, and what it meant to the City in which it resided will see the team for what it is, a watered down broken entity. Highfield Road used to illuminate the city skyline on a night game, with top tier opposition in attendance, and we were all proud to be a part of it. It's gone now. RIP:wave:

skybluepm2

First things first, SISU need to drastically change their game plan if there is any hope of sustaining this 'business plan' going forward. We made it loud and clear at the forums that they are despised..probably on a par with Bin Laden, Hitler and that annoying comedian Joe Pasquale!

They need to bend over backwards to turn this around and that entails doing a deal with ACL to stay at the Ricoh, get this bloody umbongo lifted (again) and invest in a team capable of at least challenging for the play offs.

I think that trusting them ever again is not an option even if they did manage to turn this around (which they won't)

Gaz

If we stay at the Ricoh then ill get my season ticket again.
If we move to Walsall then I won't, and I'll get a season ticket at Nuneaton.

I totally agree with TF about moving out of the Ricoh and building a new stadium as we can't and shouldn't keep getting shafted by ACL over rent.
I just don't see why we don't stay at the Ricoh while a new ground is being built.

Grendel

If we stay at the Ricoh then ill get my season ticket again.
If we move to Walsall then I won't, and I'll get a season ticket at Nuneaton.

I totally agree with TF about moving out of the Ricoh and building a new stadium as we can't and shouldn't keep getting shafted by ACL over rent.
I just don't see why we don't stay at the Ricoh while a new ground is being built.

Yes agreed 100% other than the Nuneaton bit. However the game is moving on at a pace. I have no doubt fishers co tract with sisu includes a big bonus if he can wrestle the ACL tenure into sisu's hands. This is now more likely than it was some days ago but there is still work to be done.

SkyBlueCharlie

For me it's all about a team called 'Coventry City Football Club' playing in Coventry (not near by) and in the stadium that was built for it. That being the position then I will renew my ST because that's my way of supporting my club. If we want to see any possibility of removing Sisu we need success on the pitch soon, not in three (fantasy) years time and one of the factors for that success is maintaining10K+ crowds. As I see that's the part we can play in bringing this whole, sorry saga to any end.

peekingtom

The only fans that should get a season ticket if they want too are those who have never missed a game , those who
have had a season ticket for more than five years and those that do not mind being ostracized by there own community and don't mind being called a scab .:jerkit:

Grendel

The only fans that should get a season ticket if they want too are those who have never missed a game , those who
have had a season ticket for more than five years and those that do not mind being ostracized by there own community and don't mind being called a scab .:jerkit:

What a twat.

At the Ricoh? No brainer. Option 3.

Overwhelming desire has to be a Coventry City team playing IN Coventry. Stay at the Ricoh and that is exactly what we'll get.

Okay, so we don't like the owners. Did we all stop going when the unholy trinity of Richardson, McGinnity and Robinson were in charge?

We stay here and are successful on the field then Sisu will go anyway.

Remember, we weren't that far away from the play-offs last season with Sisu at the helm were we!

Otis, sound argument, number 3 it is!

SkyBlueHomer

I've said before if we're in cov I'll be going I'm a coventry city fan. Some if us also have kids who are desperate to go to footy & not interested in the politics, just like we all used to be when we we're kids. If its out of cov promised him few more away games.
Otherwise go watch Bedworth, more cash for motorsport & may even catch coupke more games for the rugby league world cup in november

Blue Maniac

See you Grendel when i become a sad lonely cant like you, and have nothing better to do in life other than post 9500
times of utter shite then you can call me a twat.:jerkit:
Well, I reckon he's already done it, so you must be a 'sad lonely cant', whatever that means.

To buy, or not to buy: that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep; No more; and by a sleep to say we end.

Seems fitting somehow.

BATHUMP

Because ACL won't let us play there thats why. Why would they do a 3 year deal knowing at the end they'll have an empty stadium. They'll plan from now to cover the shortfall. Anyway I think Sisu will own the Higgs half before the start if the season. They are a charity and won't want their funds diminished which will happen with no football. Sisu have played everyday like puppets in this whole saga. They've got everything they wanted out of this, Just one thing left to tick off.

For what it's worth I'll get my season ticket, even though I'm only 20 minutes from Walsall, I'll get one if its at Walsall as well.

ajsccfc

Anyone slagging off people who want to go watch their team can't consider themselves part of any kind of 'community'.

Gaz

Because ACL won't let us play there thats why. Why would they do a 3 year deal knowing at the end they'll have an empty stadium. They'll plan from now to cover the shortfall. Anyway I think Sisu will own the Higgs half before the start if the season. They are a charity and won't want their funds diminished which will happen with no football. Sisu have played everyday like puppets in this whole saga. They've got everything they wanted out of this, Just one thing left to tick off.

For what it's worth I'll get my season ticket, even though I'm only 20 minutes from Walsall, I'll get one if its at Walsall as well.

ACL have never once said that they won't let the club play at the Ricoh.
So there isn't any facts to back your view up i'm afraid.

I do believe ACL would do a deal for three years, even knowing that at the end of that term, they'll have an empty stadium.
They clearly want the club to stay at the Ricoh so Why would they turn that away ?

Nonleagueherewecome

Clarke is 'ok'? Only the best in the league (now Madden has gone) and would've finished on 20+ goals easily had he not got injured. People that say 'we need this', 'we need that', but when we get that (in this case a 20 goal-a-season striker) people still moan! What do people seriously expect when we signed Leon Clarke? If he could do everything other than score then he wouldn't be playing in L1 at 28. Same with Fleck, he's this 'creative midfielder' people have been craving for years, but many have turned on him because he isn't great at defending and his fitness (which he's working on for this season), but again, what did people expect? Someone who can do everything? Some people need to wake up and realise we're in the L1 now and not the Prem, or even the Championship anymore.

You forget that 3 sides got relegated to this division as well as promoted out of it; I suggest you study their squads.

Nonleagueherewecome

I keep forgetting Wolves are a League One side now. It still seems mad how they've dropped.

I suppose a City fan just rescued after 15 years on a desert island would say the same about us!

SkyBlueSwiss

No, agree with that.

Look at Yeovil though and look at their squad and players. Better players than us man for man? An awful lot of it is to do with team spirit, hunger and desire.

You need that, a strong defence and a 20 goal a season striker.

Definitely doable.

Not if we move to Walsall though.

Can't agree Otis.
WithS ISU at the club the atmosphere will continue to be crap, and the crowds will be reduced at the Ricoh (if we play there) and this will make for an even worse atmosphere than last season. Add to that that I (and the bookies) think that we are one of the main contenders for relegations, and I think you might be happy if 2,000 turn up by the end of the season.

ccfctommy

Moron alert.

peekingtom

Anyone slagging off people who want to go watch their team can't consider themselves part of any kind of 'community'.

I am sorry but i think you are wrong, we need to be solid and united and not follow sisus plans for Coventry playing outside Coventry, anyone who goes and watches CCFC home games outside of Coventry is a traitor end of, we should all stick together on this .

SkyBlueSwiss

General question.
It is all very well claiming we have a 20+ striker in Clark, and that Baker will contribute 15+ goals etc.
Really? Do you think that these players, who are excellent at this level and score goals at this level, will not be sold before the start of the season?
I believe that SISU will sell them. Great if I am proved wrong, but when have they NOT sold a player that they could get a little money for, just as they were not prepared to pay a little more to keep players here in the past.
Its all about the money for SISU and who gives a flying f... about the team!

BATHUMP

anyone who goes and watches CCFC home games outside of Coventry is a traitor end of, we should all stick together on this .

I will go if my travel isn't longer, I do 38 miles each way. Walsall is 20 minutes away I will go, therefore I'm a traitor, and you do only one thing to traitors shoot them. So shoot me. Everyone one this week has been banging on about keep Ccfc in Cov, but when the the hypothetical option of playing at the Ricoh comes up no one is going. Strange

BATHUMP

Football fans are fickle. If we are playing at the Ricoh, doing well, winning games and challenging most people won't stay away, chant Sisu out or paint their bed sheets. When we were doing well under Robins all the chanting stopped. And before you ask I missed 2 games ( that includes all cup games)

Paxman II

people on forums like this represent a minority tbf. Most fans will renew if we are at the Ricoh. hell some who say they won't on here I bet do!
That's the nature of it really and of people. We have a team playing at the Ricoh then I see little change.

SkyBlueSwiss

people on forums like this represent a minority tbf. Most fans will renew if we are at the Ricoh. hell some who say they won't on here I bet do!
That's the nature of it really and of people. We have a team playing at the Ricoh then I see little change.

Pax,
How much change have we seen season on season recently as we slip down the leagues?
Even if we end up at the Ricoh - which Fisher has claimed we will not - what do you think our average gate will be? I think it will certainly be significantly less that last season.

oakey

I think season ticket sales are the crucial indicator as SISU have the money up front. If SISU stay and the squad is not strengthened ( a near certainty) I think season ticket sales could fall from 6500ish down to 4000ish, at the Ricoh, particularly if a campaign like the not a penny more is supplemented by a don't buy a season ticket one.
This will have a big impact.
If they don't play at the Ricoh the club will slowly fade to non league obscurity.

SkyBlueSwiss

I think season ticket sales are the crucial indicator as SISU have the money up front. If SISU stay and the squad is not strengthened ( a near certainty) I think season ticket sales could fall from 6500ish down to 4000ish, at the Ricoh, particularly if a campaign like the not a penny more is supplemented by a don't buy a season ticket one.
This will have a big impact.
If they don't play at the Ricoh the club will slowly fade to non league obscurity.

Totally agree!
This is what I have been trying to get across.

wingy

If all remains the same as some predict then they must pressurise these owners to follow their commitment to the Importance of FFP. IE;-to increase the playing budget by at least £!M. Based on the assumption of last seasons turnover @£6M., even that does not stress their pocket as only 50% of likely Turnover,funny how this overriding factor is not maxed out.

oakey

Looking forward to a statement from Fisher or Waggott about what the plan is now. Are they going to promise anything at all or just business as usual?
We were promised a bounce back budget last summer. Will we be promised investment in the team and if not, will the usual suspects be content with business as usual.
Next season, if SISU continue we MUST challenge or surely SISU will be a busted flush. What did they fight to keep hold of the club for? To preside over steady decline?
The truth that they are either
1) In it for the long haul, break the lease, get revenue streams, build the club slowly.
Or
2) Trying to claw back the money they "invested"
should become clear in the next 12 months.

peekingtom

You blew that by posting a wanker sign and inferring that someone buying a season ticket was a 'scab'.

What are you on about i have made my self quite clear, you seem to be taking my comments out of context and manipulating it to suit you. there is nothing hypocritical in what i have said. you follow sisu and their plans to play
outside of Cov then that's your choice, but there will not be many of you and you will face the consequences of doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread