Season Tickets!!! (3 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

I think we need to establish who isn't a season ticket on SBT and put an asterisk next to their name.

*Me for previously stated reasons :) ;)

Personally, I think 60% of those sales are due to the incredible work of the Sky Blue community and Mr @Mild-Mannered Janitor . He may not like the praise and the recognition but his efforts do make some peoples lives that bit better.

djr8369

My first ever season ticket for me and son sharing them with a couple of mates as lived 150 miles away from Cov. Looking forward to it immensely having supported City since I was a babby in 70s. I feel less of a bandwaggonner now. Watching Yeovil 2-6 in front of 8K and away at Gillingham for a 4-2 defeat seems a lifetime ago.
That Yeovil game was probably the low point for me, in terms of games I was at, as didn’t go to Northampton. Did enjoy the screamer by Max though!

Enjoy the season.

Sky Blue Harry H

That Yeovil game was probably the low point for me, in terms of games I was at, as didn’t go to Northampton. Did enjoy the screamer by Max though!

Enjoy the season.
Scored 2 decent goals in that game (see my avatar) ;)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Enjoy the season.
At least the Yeovil game did have Max's goal.

I remember fairly early that season losing 0-1 to Newport County, with their goal being a shot from about 250 yards that somehow managed to bobble over O'Brien's (I think) "dive".

I think I started checking which teams were in the Conference after that game...

ccfcchris

I’m concerned now that match day prices will be too high and many of us will face the choice of buying tickets for boring areas of the CBS Arena at silly numbers. There are no seats left unsold in 14-18 as far as I can see. 😕
Imagine prices if we hit the Premier League.

rob9872

Imagine prices if we hit the Premier League.
Well we'd have to pay £3m to Everton and then there are 5,000 tickets that would be free at £500 ea so there's another £2.5m we'd need to recover before we'd kicked a ball and spread over 19 games rather than 23.

Happy_Martian

Very Kind @Happy_Martian but think only just over 100 from the fund raising, the money soon goes quickly even with FZ pricing but still over 100 who wouldn’t have been able to without the generosity of so many.

I don't have the figures to substantiate it but the anecdotes raised on here, the social media streams and local press, it certainly seems a lot more than just those 100 tickets purchased. Imagine a Dad with two Cov supporting kids but the family income can stretch to 2 tickets. Who misses out or do the whole family stay away? So even by buying 25, 50 or 100 tickets, how many unlinked sales have you empowered ? You are a great asset and ambassador to and for Coventry City supporters.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I don't have the figures to substantiate it but the anecdotes raised on here, the social media streams and local press, it certainly seems a lot more than just those 100 tickets purchased. Imagine a Dad with two Cov supporting kids but the family income can stretch to 2 tickets. Who misses out or do the whole family stay away? So even by buying 25, 50 or 100 tickets, how many unlinked sales have you empowered ? You are a great asset and ambassador to and for Coventry City supporters.
That is true, I know other family members have purchased alongside ones we have helped and also, in the 5 years previous, I know some of the ones we have helped are now fortunate enough to both buy for themselves and donate back to the fund so definitely a few but not a high proportion of the 18,000.

I’m really looking forward to the long queue for my weak bladder at half time and getting in and out, wouldn’t want it any other way, i see games like the yeovil one and it felt soulles, now, there is such a vibe and feel good factor and seeing the families and grown old men and women smiling is just amazing.

napolimp

Well we'd have to pay £3m to Everton and then there are 5,000 tickets that would be free at £500 ea so there's another £2.5m we'd need to recover before we'd kicked a ball and spread over 19 games rather than 23.

What a weird thing to worry about.

David O'Day

I remember fairly early that season losing 0-1 to Newport County, with their goal being a shot from about 250 yards that somehow managed to bobble over O'Brien's (I think) "dive".

I think I started checking which teams were in the Conference after that game...
I did as well, depressing times

Robinshio

I did as well, depressing times
I enjoyed some of those games , just as i did the Wrexham cup match and the worcester cup match
for me Stoke at home this season was the most depressing, knowing how we played for the rest of the season, and we literally forgot how to pass a ball for those 90 minutes

rob9872

I'm not sure why people refer to Yeovil as the low point. It was quite late on in the season and we were in the playoffs. I was far more disenchanted the season before and before Wembley knowing we'd inevitably be relegated and could see no way back. By Yeovil there were already green shoots of recovery and just a freak result.

rob9872

I enjoyed some of those games , just as i did the Wrexham cup match and the worcester cup match
for me Stoke at home this season was the most depressing, knowing how we played for the rest of the season, and we literally forgot how to pass a ball for those 90 minutes
I thought that was a huge reality check and helped the character heading towards the play offs when other sides turned up expecting a result.

edgy

I think at that point we were 1 relegation & a Nuneaton promotion away from playing them in the league.

bigfatronssba

I thought that was a huge reality check and helped the character heading towards the play offs when other sides turned up expecting a result.

A bit like the Stoke game this season

Users who are viewing this thread