Season Tickets!!! (3 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

Whats going to happen come the start of next season! they are so late relrasing the standard season tickets because they are gambling on Yesterdays game when they reintoduced the £500 gamble. I bought my last years season ticket on the first day they put them up and I still hd to get printed off tickets to enable me to go to the first few games. At this rate it will be Beginning of October before they get the Season Ticket cards out and usable!! I think they are taking the piss now!

Warwickhunt

I thought they were keeping this season's tickets and reloading them
No they are changing them to different colours to denote Children, Adults, Concession Etc thet are spending so much time in trying to stop the few that were working the system by buying JSB tickets and adults using them that they are in danger of effecting season tickets sales full stop!

Warwickhunt

if they dont start selling standard season tickets soon i dont think they will get anywhere near the 13000 from last year which will dent anything the £500 gamble was intended to do! Lot of people will be looking to get finance to purchase them and will not buy if that cannot be done very quickly!

MTK

Do we know the latest on the premier package sales? After much deliberation we renewed ours that way yesterday. We would have been standard price ST renewals. It would be interesting to know if sales are still increasing enough to make it worthwhile not releasing the standard renewals

Robinshio

Its a bit stupid tbh

Mid May and not on sale? If they havent sold out the premier package by now they never will.

Leaving it this late is ridiculous
also if they leave it until after Wednesday and we do get to the final, why wouldnt you buy one

if you bought one then with a £250 bet on the opposition, you would be guaranteed a very cheap season ticket

Sky Blue Pete

also if they leave it until after Wednesday and we do get to the final, why wouldnt you buy one

if you bought one then with a £250 bet on the opposition, you would be guaranteed a very cheap season ticket
Not sure anything will happen before Thursday
There’s either a long window if we don’t get through or a small window from now till Wednesday night if we get enough as the ticket office will be busy selling Wembley tickets
It’s the oversight planning Comms that needs managing and organising

shmmeee

They’ve really messed up not opening up season tickets in some way. The seats left in the Premium Zone are pretty crap or I’d have renewed already. Have they got V12 Finance out yet either? Wasn’t that supposed to be last week?

Sky Blue Pete

They’ve really messed up not opening up season tickets in some way. The seats left in the Premium Zone are pretty crap or I’d have renewed already. Have they got V12 Finance out yet either? Wasn’t that supposed to be last week?
Not seen it confirmed

shmmeee

Not seen it confirmed

Just tried to check out and it’s not offered.

Its another thing that you’ve got to question why it wasn’t sorted well ahead of time?

There’s lots of understandable kinks in the system, but equally some stuff that just seems bizarre. I’d have thought rule one of business is don’t let anything get between you and a customers money once they want the product.

rob9872

If they don't do it before weds then I'd expect nothing until after Wembley if through as the days in between will be concentrating on Wembley tickets.

chiefdave

The printing itself is pretty quick. They don’t need weeks for that.

Think the issue this season was changes made to the back end system that controls the turnstiles. Wasps made changes and didn’t inform the club so they started producing cards and none of them worked

rob9872

Then the above idea of buying a £500 ticket then betting against CCFC to recoup the cost would be quite attractive.
I'm not sure it would work unless we're favourites or you'd need to put more than 500 on to win. Better to put 100 on us now to be promoted and wait to buy a 400 ticket.

* assuming you can get at least 4/1 on promotion of course

Sorry ignore all of that, I see what you mean now. Presumably not to recover it all but to go 250 half way sobit costs 250 whether we win or lose. Yep, get that, decent punt 👍

Flying Fokker

They are not going to increase my interest in buying now. The moment they change to the standard season ticket, I will be buying for us.
If it is important to secure funds for transfers etc, then they need to release the £400 ticket.

napolimp

I'll be buying one if we go through on Wednesday. Even though I can't go most Saturday's, worth a punt at that point.

Flying Fokker

And another thing. We are in a recession. The club could is asking us to adjust our thinking. Maybe they need to think a bit?

ccfc1234

IF you do this make sure you bet on the promotion outright market NOT the match odds as if it was a draw your bet would lose.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The season just gone my S/T was in 21(concession) a seat very saleable for the £500 option will not be sitting there next season.I want to sit with son and grandson there will be many people in my boat (people with children moving into the family zone ).These seat will surely bring in more revenue when released.Hopefully Wembley tickets before all that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It couldn’t be a draw surely?
Probably depends on the bookie or exactly what you ask for, but I think it can say result after 90mins, so for some maybe even losing in extra time wouldn't count?

Can you just put on a bet for Boro to reach the final?

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably depends on the bookie or exactly what you ask for, but I think it can say result after 90mins, so for some maybe even losing in extra time wouldn't count?

Can you just put on a bet for Boro to reach the final?

Problem there is if they didn’t and we lost the final you just end up out of pocket. Think this only works if we go through

theferret

Why are people getting in a flap about this? Its the middle of May ffs and we are still playing the 22/23 season. Professional moaners on here.

Nobody is getting in a flap and nobody is moaning.

If they are going to wait until June, that's pretty late, people are suggesting it might be an idea to put them on sale while there is all this positive noise. That's not moaning.

Last edited:

theferret

If you did this now, without checking the odds, I imagine laying City for promotion you'd win around £100 from a £500 bet, so wouldn't quite be worth it yet.

For those that have already bought the PL package, and should we win Wednesday, them it's a no brainer, lump on the opposition to progress.

Nobbie_67

If you did this now, without checking the odds, I imagine laying City for promotion you'd win around £100 from a £500 bet, so wouldn't quite be worth it yet.

For those that have already bought the PL package, and should we win Wednesday, them it's a no brainer, lump on the opposition to progress.
I'm gambling £20 over 5 Seasons that we get promoted (my ST would've been £480).

If we don't go up then my ST price is fixed for 5 years and therefore a bargain when you account for annual inflation.

If we do go up I get £500 back. Absolutely no point in laying off a bet for the opposition to win in the final!

Crazy to think that is a viable option?!

theferret

I'm gambling £20 over 5 Seasons that we get promoted (my ST would've been £480).

If we don't go up then my ST price is fixed for 5 years and therefore a bargain when you account for annual inflation.

If we do go up I get £500 back. Absolutely no point in laying off a bet for the opposition to win in the final!

Crazy to think that is a viable option?!

Well it's much harder to make a case for it with the £480 season tickets clearly. I'm saying lump on, but I'm probably over-egging it tbh, especially if you take the long term view. I also don't gamble any more so I won't be doing it!

In simply terms though, a £250 bet in the final might make you £250 if the opposition progress, effectively halving the cost of your season ticket. We go through, you get the joy of that and effectively a £250 season ticket in the PL (not as good as a free one though!). I reckon a few might hedge their bets this way.

Users who are viewing this thread