second bid for city (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

BREAKING: Ricoh Arena architect Paul Fletcher informally part of potential Chinese consortium bid for #CCFC From Les Ried....

2/2 BREAKING: #CCFC potential bid headed Michael Byng, has had involvement of ex-Ccfc Mal Brannigan & Paul fletcher. More later

That's it, I'm out! :(

Sick Boy

What if they came in and said we would change to Claret and Blue? I for one would be fecked right off!

It wouldn't happen but it is better than what we have now.

Besides, Cardiff are the only team owned by Asian owners to change their kit and badge.

Nonleagueherewecome

This forum is full of back-trackers and hypocrites.

Hmm, I must be missing these posts saying that Fletcher's involvment is a good thing...

RoboCCFC90

Why? We weren't really sky blue when we won the cup were we? That was nothing like the sky blue kit that started the name off.

True, but the Sky Blues is part of our identity and heritage and makes the work of Jimmy Hill and such others seem irrelevant

Sub

on now micheal byng repesentive (Cov Kid) intrest in engineering in the uk bring in people from abroad, overal investment plan in the west midlands, keen to invest dont want problems like brum and blackburn, final thing to make sure no problems like chines at rover, want to invest in local community there in for infrastructure and want to be part of community, small amout in terms of their investments, offer made to administrator, paper work sent from appleton on friday, they know what they have to do and who to deal with we are very advance, heard of people expressing intrest in club not bids, wants the club and the ground, understanding on offer modern football needs to control revenew from ground it plays and occupies,

we know what we have to do to make bid viable and make club sustainable, not worried about what they are bidding on, bidders from singapore malaysia and china major corporates in these countries, they do not do business in public got go ahead two hours ago to make comment, need to build in the community premier leauge ultimate goal, advertisment worth millions, public board to be created to have contact with fans, Need to control match day revenews want 365 day control of monies created in Ricoh, wants to create a great base forthe club, spoke to ACL, Higgs, Council all very helpful, know joe and gary worked very hard with preston, know gary and joe personally, If we buy club we want to play at Ricoh, bid would mean playing at Ricoh.

may have missed some bits hope it helps those that couldnt hear

Last edited:

torchomatic

Well, what does everyone reckon? "Multinational companies"?

Otis

Impressed by what he said.

Appears that the council, ACL and Higgs have all been very supportive.

Sounds too like this would be a massive investment. Major corporate organisations in the Far East.

NorthernWisdom

The point is that people were saying it when we weren't in Administration last time. If we'd have gone into Administration rather than settling for SISU, "the first show in town", then we would have most likely had all this increased interest then. And sidestepped the wasted last few years. The Only Show In Town was, as it turned out, a self-fulflilling prophecy.

Agreed!

10 characters worth of agreeing!

Sky Blues

on now micheal bing repesentive (Cov Kid) intrest in engineering in the uk bring in people from abroad, overal investment plan in the west midlands, keen to invest dont want problems like brum and blackburn, final thing to make sure no problems like chines at rover, want to invest in local community there in for infrastructure and want to be part of community, small amout in terms of their investments, offer made to administrator, paper work sent from appleton on friday, they know what they have to do and who to deal with we are very advance, heard of people expressing intrest in club not bids, wants the club and the ground, understanding on offer modern football needs to control revenew from ground it plays and occupies,

we know what we have to do to make bid viable and make club sustainable, not worried about what they are bidding on, bidders from singapore malaysia and china major corporates in these countries, they do not do business in public got go ahead two hours ago to make comment, need to build in the community premier leauge ultimate goal, advertisment worth millions, public board to be created to have contact with fans, Need to control match day revenews want 365 day control of monies created in Ricoh, wants to create a great base forthe club, spoke to ACL, Higgs, Council all very helpful, know joe and gary worked very hard with preston, know gary and joe personally, If we buy club we want to play at Ricoh, bid would mean playing at Ricoh.

And Sub summarises here. Good work fella. :)

Thank you!

Noggin

the more bleak the situation looks the bigger changes to things like club identity I could accept and the situation is about as bleak as it gets imo, ricoh + investment + new colours vs sisu, walsall and sky blue it's not even a question, Come on you reds!

BackRoomRummermill

Listen to it carefully especially the last minute or so Sisu:thinking about:

This was maybe not to annoy SISU :confused:

I am sure its huawei corperation, last year a freind who deals with Transocean and Huawei started talking about Cov completely out of the blue. We were watching football in Sherlock Holmes bar in the Gulf Hotel, maybe a new production plant in Coventry to please the council part of the Ricoh ? Just so you know they are a massive company

Nonleagueherewecome

Are you behind Joe Elliot's bid? Why would you back him and not Fletcher?

I'm not "behind" Elliott's bid as such: I'm cautious, possibly optimistic, but the aspect that causes me concern is that the people who have been doing the wooing of Haskell didn't pick the best candidates last time..

However, that is no kind of sin compared to being Paul "Fucking" Fletcher! The guy is an arrogant fool and an embarrassment full stop.

covcity4life

on now micheal bing repesentive (Cov Kid) intrest in engineering in the uk bring in people from abroad, overal investment plan in the west midlands, keen to invest dont want problems like brum and blackburn, final thing to make sure no problems like chines at rover, want to invest in local community there in for infrastructure and want to be part of community, small amout in terms of their investments, offer made to administrator, paper work sent from appleton on friday, they know what they have to do and who to deal with we are very advance, heard of people expressing intrest in club not bids, wants the club and the ground, understanding on offer modern football needs to control revenew from ground it plays and occupies,

thanks for that write up mate!

surprised councila r ebeing helpful when w eknow they wont give up ricoh

lets say the takeover/buy out gets agreed by all parties...could this all happen before the forthcoming deadlines...? I guess we have to register with the league where we will playing ect... this is good news and gives us a chink of light...at the end of a very long tunnel.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

This was maybe not to annoy SISU :confused:

I am sure its huawei corperation, last year a freind who deals with Transocean and Huawei started talking about Cov completely out of the blue. We were watching football in Sherlock Holmes bar in the Gulf Hotel, maybe a new production plant in Coventry to please the council part of the Ricoh ? Just so you know they are a massive company
I meant when he sort of indicated that perhaps Sisu were actually still talking to Acl or did I imagine it?

The Penguin

Well, what does everyone reckon? "Multinational companies"?

Sounds very promising, but I'm mildly skeptical.

Only because I don't want it to be a false dawn.

I do however like that it's been made clear that the club will need revenue from all events, not just football. I also found it interesting that it was mentioned that whether this came about from leasing or owning was immaterial.

ajsccfc

It should probably be pointed out that although Cardiff's owner changed their colours, it doesn't mean all Asians would.

duffer

Pretty much nailed it, Sub. There's clearly a job for you as a shorthand typist somewhere, assuming you've got the legs for it ;)

Interesting that the reason for investing in football seems to be the desire to put something back into the local community alongside the other investments they're making in local infrastructure and engineering. He's saying that the football club would be relatively small beer compared to their other investments.

Long term plan (stop me if you've heard this before) seems to be to get back into the PL to take advantage of the profile that has in Far/Middle East markets.

They know what they need to make FC sustainable, think he was talking not just about ground here, but also in regard to assets in CCFC Ltd etc.

Said that SISU are working hard behind the scenes to resolve situation amicably. (Maybe they should shut Fisher up then!).

Very clear that CCFC must remain at Ricoh, and regardless of actual ownership of ground, needs access to Ricoh revenue streams like concerts/exhibitions etc.

Has met PWKH of the Higgs trust to discuss stadium issues.

Prepared to talk to anyone to make things happen (think he means coming to a deal with SISU here).

Although corporations and individuals involved would rather remain private, there would be a new board with a public face that could be identified with.

To be clear, no offer made to Admin yet... currently looking at putting in a compliant bid. Plans are well advanced.

I think that's about it, in terms of what I can remember.

LastGarrison

lets say the takeover/buy out gets agreed by all parties...could this all happen before the forthcoming deadlines...? I guess we have to register with the league where we will playing ect... this is good news and gives us a chink of light...at the end of a very long tunnel.

Unfortunate turn of phrase.

Sick Boy

I'm not "behind" Elliott's bid as such: I'm cautious, possibly optimistic, but the aspect that causes me concern is that the people who have been doing the wooing of Haskell didn't pick the best candidates last time..

However, that is no kind of sin compared to being Paul "Fucking" Fletcher! The guy is an arrogant fool and an embarrassment full stop.

So, you know nothing about either of the bids, apart from one consortium consulted PF for informal advice, and you have already withdrawn your support?

Yet, you continue to feel optimistic about a bid which is being put together by someone who has been around in the past, and who brought sisu into the club?

Bizarre.

Grendel

The same Mr Fletcher who was slagged off on here as being a lying drunk? Well, the plot thickens.

Well he must be drunk to want to get involved in this shambles again.

chiefdave

What show was this on and how far in, not sure I can listen to hours of CWR on iplayer to try and find it!

Users who are viewing this thread