CCFC_GT

Jan 25, 2013
Where has peoples opinion that the council won't sell come from? All they have said is they won't sell to sisu?

Cllr. Kevin Maton tweet ref. Stuart Linnell on-air comments:- History of running Highfield Rd. poor. Sharing income deal can be done. There's more to Ricoh than the pitch.

Cllr.Kevin Maton tweet ref. Stuart Linnell on-air comments:- Why obsession with owning 100% of stadium. Running Ricoh complex & CCFC should be separate but partner.

Personally I think ownership of the revenues rather than ownership of the stadium is most important for the football club, though any potential new investors may have a different agenda.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Cllr. Kevin Maton tweet ref. Stuart Linnell on-air comments:- History of running Highfield Rd. poor. Sharing income deal can be done. There's more to Ricoh than the pitch.

Cllr.Kevin Maton tweet ref. Stuart Linnell on-air comments:- Why obsession with owning 100% of stadium. Running Ricoh complex & CCFC should be separate but partner.

Personally I think ownership of the revenues rather than ownership of the stadium is most important for the football club, though any potential new investors may have a different agenda.
I'd wager if the offers right it would be sold.
I think they'd benefit massively on the rates front if the whole site reached fruition, as they have from the initial developement.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
HHmmmmm ,what would Mal Brannigans involvement be ?? He was well respected while with us IIRC.

Joy Division

Jan 9, 2012
Notice Les Reid stated that Paul Fletcher is a stadium architect, this is totally incorrect.

LastGarrison

Mar 25, 2011
Can you copy and paste...as you need to sign up to RICS

Just the last paragraph that you need to read....

The RICS has done a u-turn on plans to leave the Construction Industry Council

The turnaround, which was confirmed last week, follows pressure from some of the institution’s QS members.
The RICS announced in November that it intended to leave the council because it would be better able to influence government policy as a standalone body.
The QSs threatened to leave the RICS and form a breakaway group if the plan went ahead, and this led to emergency talks between Graham Watts, chief executive of the CIC, and Louis Armstrong, the RICS’ chief executive, in December.
Paul Morrell, chief construction adviser and former senior partner in Davis Langdon, is understood to have put pressure on the RICS to stay.
Armstrong said last week that the RICS would remain in the CIC ‘for the foreseeable future’
It is understood that Armstrong wrote to the CIC last week to say that the RICS would remain in the council “for the foreseeable future” and that its subscription fee had been paid for 2010.
In a separate row, Michael Sullivan has resigned as chair of the RICS’ QS and Construction Professional Group following a dispute over whether it should be controlled by its members or RICS officials. He has been replaced by Gleeds partner and chair elect Stuart Earl.
Sullivan, a partner in Rider Hunt, denied there was a rift, but stood down at the start of a board meeting last Friday, six months before the end of his two-year term.

Meanwhile, Michael Byng, the former head of the RICS’ QS faculty, was expelled from the body last week after a disciplinary hearing over the alleged non-payment of about £47,000 to a former employee, a subcontractor, and the Council of European Construction Economists. Byng has appealed the decision.

You'll also note that on his website/Linkedin he makes no reference to being a Chartered Surveyor. Looks like he was quite high up in the QS faculty at one point so to boot him out must have been serious.

mattylad

Mar 24, 2011

I told you all weeks ago that the Council/ACL have no intention of relinquishing control of the Ricoh to the football club even though this clearly needs to happen for the football club to prosper. They no more give a shit about CCFC than SISU do...do not be taken in by these people again!!

In reference to the bids I did attend a meeting at the Ricoh many years ago where Mal Branigan presented and I would welcome him back into the CCFC fold with open arms. He had a deep understanding of football finance and a genuine belief that the club could be made succesful. He was also the man who used to circumnaigate agents to stop us having to pay out stupid fee's. PF had good ideas but seemed to lack the funds/presence to push them through, so without the pressure of the banks on his back he could make a positive impact.

Michael Byng I know very little of so too early to comment.

kg82

Jul 28, 2008
Notice Les Reid stated that Paul Fletcher is a stadium architect, this is totally incorrect.

The way I read it wasn't as in he's an architect of stadiums, just that he put in a lot of work to get us to the Ricoh (got sponsorship etc etc) - that's how I read it anyway.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
The way I read it wasn't as in he's an architect of stadiums, just that he put in a lot of work to get us to the Ricoh (got sponsorship etc etc) - that's how I read it anyway.

Unfortunately the confusion arises through the medium used and the style associated

Joy Division

Jan 9, 2012

I guess so yeah, bad choice of word perhaps.

Sky Blue Dal

Mar 21, 2013
Some councillors have indicated they would not want to part with the assett to any owners of a football club.

Oh PLEASE!!!

If you believe that tripe you believe anything my friend...

Just because one publically elected councillor said it then it must be gospel...

Look... governments change, councils change, prime ministers change, councillors change ... so what makes you think the next leader of the council will not sell there share... I tell for sure ... if the Conservatives take control of the council, they for sure will sell up ... and maybe some of the labour councillors will as well.

You should really think before you write because you intellect is coming in to question

Sorry for being rude.. but seeing your past posts on this forum are so unconstructive and very negative and you seem to have not contributed anything worth while on this board other than random out of the blue comments and just bitching like a troubled teenage schoolgirl.

I agree you are entitled to an opinion ... but yours isn't an opinion instead you just put down others post for the hell of it and displaying a very non-constructive feedback.

Mate ... Just give it a break .

dadgad

Jul 1, 2011
Oh PLEASE!!!

Just because one publically elected councillor said it then it must be gospel...

Look... governments change, councils change, prime ministers change, councillors change ... so what makes you think the next leader of the council will not sell there share... I tell for sure ... if the Conservatives take control of the council, they for sure will sell up ... and maybe some of the labour councillors will as well.

You should really think before you write because you intellect is coming in to question

Sorry for being rude.. but seeing your past posts on this forum are so unconstructive and very negative and you seem to have not contributed anything worth while on this board other than random out of the blue comments and just bitching like a troubled teenage schoolgirl.

I agree you are entitled to an opinion ... but yours isn't an opinion instead you just put down others post for the hell of it and displaying a very non-constructive feedback.

Indeed, He's a sad case, but let it go.
Ignore is best policy.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Oh PLEASE!!!

If I'm of limited intelligence you've clearly handed a frontal labotomy. That particular post was an answer to a question posed by ccfc92 it was not an opinion.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Indeed, He's a sad case, but let it go.
Ignore is best policy.

You still think all Coventry city fans are worms dadgad? Surprised you come in here after that insult to true fans.

Never answer the question when did you last go to a match either do you?

Sky Blue Dal

Mar 21, 2013
think someone (Mutton?) was interviewed a couple of months back and said they weren't interested in selling to anyone.

Just because he said it, does not mean all the other councillors would agree with him ... It's not just up to him ...These things usually comes down to votes.. I am sure there are many councillors would not agree with him/them

BTW I don't think it was Mutton who said it ... it was some other councillor with a similar sounding name to his ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Just because he said it, does not mean all the other councillors would agree with him ... It's not just up to him ...These things usually comes down to votes.. I am sure there are many councillors would not agree with him/them

BTW I don't think it was Mutton who said it ... it was some other councillor with a similar sounding name to his ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps if you bothered to read all the posts you'll find out who said it.

cloughie

May 9, 2011
Coventry
It was maton who said it and it was his personal opinion not council policy

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
The point is that people were saying it when we weren't in Administration last time. If we'd have gone into Administration rather than settling for SISU, "the first show in town", then we would have most likely had all this increased interest then. And sidestepped the wasted last few years. The Only Show In Town was, as it turned out, a self-fulflilling prophecy.

Well, yes, another reason why I'm amazed at the support that Teflon Joe gets.

O

odysseus

Fascinating stuff. Given the right price SISU should be out like a shot and it sounds like this consortium has money to do it. Hope Sisu forget their inner strength and fortitude baloney and exit stage left in a reasonable manner.

Ha ha who am I kidding....

James Smith

Nov 9, 2011
Last edited:
Dec 31, 2012
COVENTRY
Just the last paragraph that you need to read....

The RICS has done a u-turn on plans to leave the Construction Industry Council

The turnaround, which was confirmed last week, follows pressure from some of the institution’s QS members.
The RICS announced in November that it intended to leave the council because it would be better able to influence government policy as a standalone body.
The QSs threatened to leave the RICS and form a breakaway group if the plan went ahead, and this led to emergency talks between Graham Watts, chief executive of the CIC, and Louis Armstrong, the RICS’ chief executive, in December.
Paul Morrell, chief construction adviser and former senior partner in Davis Langdon, is understood to have put pressure on the RICS to stay.
Armstrong said last week that the RICS would remain in the CIC ‘for the foreseeable future’
It is understood that Armstrong wrote to the CIC last week to say that the RICS would remain in the council “for the foreseeable future” and that its subscription fee had been paid for 2010.
In a separate row, Michael Sullivan has resigned as chair of the RICS’ QS and Construction Professional Group following a dispute over whether it should be controlled by its members or RICS officials. He has been replaced by Gleeds partner and chair elect Stuart Earl.
Sullivan, a partner in Rider Hunt, denied there was a rift, but stood down at the start of a board meeting last Friday, six months before the end of his two-year term.

Meanwhile, Michael Byng, the former head of the RICS’ QS faculty, was expelled from the body last week after a disciplinary hearing over the alleged non-payment of about £47,000 to a former employee, a subcontractor, and the Council of European Construction Economists. Byng has appealed the decision.

You'll also note that on his website/Linkedin he makes no reference to being a Chartered Surveyor. Looks like he was quite high up in the QS faculty at one point so to boot him out must have been serious.
S there
He has an appeal pending...but yes he must have lots of connections. interesting he states a life long City fan so he will have the clubs interest at heart (hopefully) as a QS he will be involved within infrastructure projects this then links possibly with what he said on CWR about the potential consortium wanting to give something back to the local community, there is a fair bit of work on the horizon in Coventry, Friarsgate, The Ring Road...could this be their way of winning round any future potential business...that could open up more business within the UK? lets hope so eh?

RPHunt

Mar 21, 2013
I remember Michael Byng from school, but I haven't seen him in many years. I remember him as a thoroughly decent sort who would go out of his way to be helpful.

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
Well, yes, another reason why I'm amazed at the support that Teflon Joe gets.

I'm sorry but you can't blame Joe Elliot really. No football club ever wants administration, and so to make out that accepting admin was some sort of 'no brainier' is not fair, and only done with the benefit of hindsight.

Elliot is a seller of car accessories, and no more qualified to investigate SISU's background and intentions than you or I.

He did what most people would do, and was heavily backed by the fans at the time, regardless of whether many conveniently forget their support of the takeover.

Sky Blue Dal

Mar 21, 2013
If I'm of limited intelligence you've clearly handed a frontal labotomy. That particular post was an answer to a question posed by ccfc92 it was not an opinion.

Yes you repeat the same ole answer to every post .. yes!! the same old single answer ... over and over again ... but you never seem to elaborate it any further hence the reason why I question your intelligence.

I agree you answered his question ... but you were not smart enough to follow it through with the fact that just because a councillor said it does not mean others would agree. as it has to be put through a democratically voting process. Simple as that!!

But nooo!! you have to take crappy little cheap shots like a smart arse you are.

Grow up will you!!!

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry
S there
He has an appeal pending...but yes he must have lots of connections. interesting he states a life long City fan so he will have the clubs interest at heart (hopefully) as a QS he will be involved within infrastructure projects this then links possibly with what he said on CWR about the potential consortium wanting to give something back to the local community, there is a fair bit of work on the horizon in Coventry, Friarsgate, The Ring Road...could this be their way of winning round any future potential business...that could open up more business within the UK? lets hope so eh?
I always get worried about investors(China Malaysia Singapore) who want to give something back to the local community what about their local community. I come from Coventry I dont care what happens in these other countries so why should they?
Honesty for once this is about MONEY

J

Jack Griffin

This was maybe not to annoy SISU :confused:

I am sure its huawei corperation, last year a freind who deals with Transocean and Huawei started talking about Cov completely out of the blue. We were watching football in Sherlock Holmes bar in the Gulf Hotel, maybe a new production plant in Coventry to please the council part of the Ricoh ? Just so you know they are a massive company

Yeah, they took most of Marconi's telecomms business of them.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
I always get worried about investors(China Malaysia Singapore) who want to give something back to the local community what about their local community. I come from Coventry I dont care what happens in these other countries so why should they?
Honesty for once this is about MONEY

You do realise that making money for them and providing community benefits for Coventry are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Of course it's about money. Why ever would it not be?

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
I'm sorry but you can't blame Joe Elliot really. No football club ever wants administration, and so to make out that accepting admin was some sort of 'no brainier' is not fair, and only done with the benefit of hindsight.

Elliot is a seller of car accessories, and no more qualified to investigate SISU's background and intentions than you or I.

He did what most people would do, and was heavily backed by the fans at the time, regardless of whether many conveniently forget their support of the takeover.

Why should he be able to judge now for us then?

He seems to be able to glide through all the troubles and tribulations of the club blithely, from the Robinson days to Sisu, and still be given support as "good old Joe" now.

If I'd hired somebody to do my electrics in my house and it had burned down(twice!), I doubt very much if I'd get them in to do it a third time!

He, and Sisu, were heavily backed by most fans at the time, not all though, some never have backed them..

Users who are viewing this thread