Shame on you Coventry Telegraph (2 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Most people don't want to see the club own a stadium in the city? Strange, would they rather we carry on playing in Northampton?

everybody wants to see the club own the stadium, but as sisu have now admited that they would own the stadium not the club i dont see what your point is.

Matty_CCFC

How many were protesting outside SISU headquarters?

How many were on the hill last night?

It's all getting a bit silly now.

What next? Hill protesters saying they have bigger knobs the Council House protesters!!

FFS we all support the same team!

I go on the Hill
Not to proteest but to watch the team play.

Does it matter how many go on hill, to London, outside CCC?

If anyone wants to do his or her but then let them, I want to support and watch my team but I feel its wrong to go inside Sixfields.

skysblue

This is the poll most voted yes multiple times as already stated in a previous poll result is nonsense Im surprised the YES vote did as well all things condidered. Cheats never prosper, Ah!

torchomatic

stupot07

This is the poll most voted yes multiple times as already stated in a previous poll result is nonsense Im surprised the YES vote did as well all things condidered. Cheats never prosper, Ah!

Plenty on here said the vote no multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

The opening post is right. Les Reid made it clear that he favours selling the Ricoh to them so no surprise that articles since then reflect that.

Not publishing the result of their own poll is frankly ridiculous.

Gold Star Super Fan

skybluetony176

i sent this email to les yesterday:-

Dear Mr Reid

Given that you made a point recently of saying you are impartial after coming in for criticism from CCFC fans following your Hedge Owner, Joy Seppala interview. I am surprised to see that you have covered 28 people standing on Seppala's Steps outside the council offices today yet have failed to do a piece covering the documents posted by Member of Parliament, Bob Ainsworth or indeed a piece covering Bob Ainsworth's discussion's today in Parliament with fellow MP's.

Perhaps it would be prudent to approach Bob for an interview? Not only because as political editor it might be nice to see you interview a local MP, but also, in my opinion you are yet to add balance to the Joy Seppala interview by the lack of an interview with someone who doesn't share her view and is in a position of authority. I'm afraid the coverage of a fans blog doesn't count.

Best Regards

Tony

to be fair to les he has kindly sent me a reply, as follows:-

Dear Tony,

We have reported, scrutinised and challenged Bob Ainsworth's work at length for months, and the regular leaking of documents in detail.

Both of his activities this week were reported either in the paper or website, including with an earlier version of my story yesterday which was replaced with a later version by web editors.

In fact, the last set of leaks of internal club documents concerning assets saw me extracting key admissions from Tim Fisher (as I had also done with the League) which Bob Ainsworth then referred to in a Parliamentary EDM.

Yet again yesterday, Bob Ainsworth referred to information he had read in the Cov Tel - this time quoting information which was not useful to his argument.

He completely misrepresented that information in Parliament, quoting that the £7million Ricoh valuation was produced by "Sisu's fans" rather than by property consultants CBRE last year which was used by Yorkshire Bank writing to ACL.

Not many people have done more than me to question Sisu et al, the League and administrator over irregularities in club accounts and assets.

It is inevitable that people will have selective memories, perhaps forgetting the work they championed as "excellent journalism" when it suited their point of view.

I will continue to report and scrutinise all sides.

I am not remotely convinced that the release of documents from 1995 was the most significant news angle to cover from all of yesterday's activities for a general readership - although the very useful evidence from these documents will be kept in mind in any future detailed coverage.

As a former Ricoh and Highfield Road season ticket holder, I fully understand the level of anger and emotion in all of this - and I will continue to make my contribution towards hopefully getting the club back at the Ricoh.

Yours,

Les

ajsccfc

Nice that he responds at least. I've sent Piers Morgan so many bags of flaming dog shit and not a peep.

torchomatic

Christ, you even called them Seppala's Steps. :facepalm:

Glad he mentioned "SISU's fans", which was pretty stupid. Interesting that Les said he misinterpreted information that he'd got from the CT.

skybluetony176

Christ, you even called them Seppala's Steps. :facepalm:

Glad he mentioned "SISU's fans", which was pretty stupid. Interesting that Les said he misinterpreted information that he'd got from the CT.

couldn't help myself. you have to admit, it has a ring to it.

(edit) just to add i have gone back to les to thank him for his reply, i appreciate he was under no obligation to do so.

Last edited:

will am i

i sent this email to les yesterday:-

Dear Mr Reid

Given that you made a point recently of saying you are impartial after coming in for criticism from CCFC fans following your Hedge Owner, Joy Seppala interview. I am surprised to see that you have covered 28 people standing on Seppala's Steps outside the council offices today yet have failed to do a piece covering the documents posted by Member of Parliament, Bob Ainsworth or indeed a piece covering Bob Ainsworth's discussion's today in Parliament with fellow MP's.

Perhaps it would be prudent to approach Bob for an interview? Not only because as political editor it might be nice to see you interview a local MP, but also, in my opinion you are yet to add balance to the Joy Seppala interview by the lack of an interview with someone who doesn't share her view and is in a position of authority. I'm afraid the coverage of a fans blog doesn't count.

Best Regards

Tony

to be fair to les he has kindly sent me a reply, as follows:-

Dear Tony,

We have reported, scrutinised and challenged Bob Ainsworth's work at length for months, and the regular leaking of documents in detail.

Both of his activities this week were reported either in the paper or website, including with an earlier version of my story yesterday which was replaced with a later version by web editors.

In fact, the last set of leaks of internal club documents concerning assets saw me extracting key admissions from Tim Fisher (as I had also done with the League) which Bob Ainsworth then referred to in a Parliamentary EDM.

Yet again yesterday, Bob Ainsworth referred to information he had read in the Cov Tel - this time quoting information which was not useful to his argument.

He completely misrepresented that information in Parliament, quoting that the £7million Ricoh valuation was produced by "Sisu's fans" rather than by property consultants CBRE last year which was used by Yorkshire Bank writing to ACL.

Not many people have done more than me to question Sisu et al, the League and administrator over irregularities in club accounts and assets.

It is inevitable that people will have selective memories, perhaps forgetting the work they championed as "excellent journalism" when it suited their point of view.

I will continue to report and scrutinise all sides.

I am not remotely convinced that the release of documents from 1995 was the most significant news angle to cover from all of yesterday's activities for a general readership - although the very useful evidence from these documents will be kept in mind in any future detailed coverage.

As a former Ricoh and Highfield Road season ticket holder, I fully understand the level of anger and emotion in all of this - and I will continue to make my contribution towards hopefully getting the club back at the Ricoh.

Yours,

Les

Arent CBRE now working for SISU looking for a site for a new ground? If so, hardly an independent valuation?

stupot07

Arent CBRE now working for SISU looking for a site for a new ground? If so, hardly an independent valuation?

Yes, but he took the valuation that Yorkshire Bank used last year before they started working for SISU, so the SISU link in this case is irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

bigfatronssba

Was the £7m valuation made before ACL restructured its loan? Surely now the business is much more stable and paying less interest it is worth more?

shmmeee

Was the £7m valuation made before ACL restructured its loan? Surely now the business is much more stable and paying less interest it is worth more?

Would've been just bricks and mortar for a mortgage wouldn't it? My house doesn't go up in value when I get a better job...

BrakesFan

Leamington supporter here, been watching events with interest over the last few months. Got to say I've noticed a massive shift in the emphasis of Reid's reporting since he started getting 'exclusive' interviews revealing tantalising tidbits from Seppala and Fisher. Have they been tricked into given this info by Reid's incisive interviewing style? I doubt that. It looks to me like he's 'paying the piper' so to speak. As in "we'll give you this juicy exclusive material if you start using your influence and platform to turn people against the Council and ACL". Just my tuppence worth.

Snozz_is_god

Leamington supporter here, been watching events with interest over the last few months. Got to say I've noticed a massive shift in the emphasis of Reid's reporting since he started getting 'exclusive' interviews revealing tantalising tidbits from Seppala and Fisher. Have they been tricked into given this info by Reid's incisive interviewing style? I doubt that. It looks to me like he's 'paying the piper' so to speak. As in "we'll give you this juicy exclusive material if you start using your influence and platform to turn people against the Council and ACL". Just my tuppence worth.

Sounds plausible to me. It's all about enhancing his own reputation and career, hopefully it will backfire on him.

bigfatronssba

Would've been just bricks and mortar for a mortgage wouldn't it? My house doesn't go up in value when I get a better job...

Surely the £7m is for acl, not the freehold?

mark_ccfc

Thank you for giving a neutral point of view. I appreciate that my point of view is biased so it's nice to hear that my suspicions at least look the same to an outsider.

duffer

I've got a lot of time for Les Reid, but I think he's wrong here and I worry that his opinion is beginning to bias his coverage.

To me, the documents that BA provided proved that SISU did not tell the FL the truth. They also suggest that Appleton didn't do a very good job of finding out all of the facts.

Personally, I think they're both pretty big issues. If I was a journalist I'd have been chasing both Tim Fisher and Paul Appleton for a comment on those revelations, because they call their integrity into question. If they declined to comment, I'd make that known in my report, and let readers draw their own conclusions. Whether finding out the truth progresses our return to the Ricoh or hinders it, is not relevant - what's important here is to expose what's gone on (if anything).

The CET could have surely covered both the Council House protest and the BA story in parallel (rather than seemingly relegating the latter to a brief afterthought). To disregard one or the other seems a little one-sided to me.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Id hope not. Anyone know what the £7m was for?

I think the £7m valuation came from Yorkshire Bank who were getting concerned about ACLs ability to pay the loan as SISU weren't paying the rent. It's not a sale price valuation, more how much would the bank be able to recover if ACL did default and they took owership of ACL and had to shift it quickly. Of course in making that valuation you are assuming ACL to be in financial trouble otherwise they wouldn't be defaulting on the loan.

hill83

I can't see if you got any likes for that clever quote whilst i am using my mobile.
Have you anymore witty remarks to add or are you just a one hit wonder ?

Not sure, I'm on my phone. I'll check later and get back to you x

duffer

I think the £7m valuation came from Yorkshire Bank who were getting concerned about ACLs ability to pay the loan as SISU weren't paying the rent. It's not a sale price valuation, more how much would the bank be able to recover if ACL did default and they took owership of ACL and had to shift it quickly. Of course in making that valuation you are assuming ACL to be in financial trouble otherwise they wouldn't be defaulting on the loan.

Absolutely - it's a worst-case valuation, and I think done at a time when ACL were under the most pressure. To suggest it as the current value of ACL, or indeed as the Ricoh in total iincluding freehold is simply wrong, imho.

skybluetony176

reply from Les came through this morning, i would like to thank Les for taking the time to reply seeing as he is under no obligation to do so. reply as follows:-

Tony,
it was for the ACL business, as my article in which I revealed this figure made clear. Of course, that article has been badly misrepresented by bloggers such as John Fletcher and on social media since, by that tiny minority who seem to bizarrely think it's a constructive tactic to discredit the local journalist who does something more than simply uncritically regurgitate their version of events.
There has been balance, and grilling of all sides - it's just that the emotional and dogmatic on either side choose not to believe it.

As I've stated many times, both before and after the Seppala interview on several occasions I invited any ACL director or council leader to a similar interview, and have their say. They declined, without explanation. They continue to decline.

Ann Lucas was forced into a statement on Tues by a recent fans' campaign and publicity. We reported this. NOTE It shows that the outstanding judicial review is not in law any reason why councillors should not talk to their electorate and show leadership at a time of crisis.
We had huge splashes on Haskell and ACL plans to oust the club's owners through the court/admin process. ACL and Ainsworth have had their say in our newspaper many, many times.

I am very pleased with my body of work this year on this saga which could hardly be more balanced in totality - from breaking the Northampton groundshare story and Brandon sale talks; to exclusives on the confidential CVA terms and the judicial review; to forcing Tim Fisher to admit that some players were registered in Holdings and forcing the League after my Greg Clarke interview to admit "administrative errors" in registering players to the wrong company; to live blogs from the High Court and from Appleton's creditor meetings. It is acknowledged I was usually first with the news via Twitter or our website throughout the summer.

My job as a political correspondent is to scrutinise local authorities and MPs, to comment and criticise as well as to report what they say. That does not mean I have not reported and scrutinised the other side too - as anyone can see from my body of work.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Les

lapsed_skyblue

Les Reid refers to a "body of work" ?

I usually associate such a phrase with creative types like musicians, painters, playwrights.
And even then I would probably consider them pretentious.

Not a phrase that I would expect from a journalist.

Users who are viewing this thread