Shame on you Coventry Telegraph (2 Viewers)

dongonzalos

I think he misses the point that it is not in law not to speak whilst the JR is in process. It is what their legal advisors have advised them to do.

I would hazard a guess this is because the JR is currently in a very strong position for the council. About the only thing that may weaken that is if they inadvertently say something damaging. So why risk that.

I am sure they would love to speak and stop receiving jabs in the PR war.

ajsccfc

Body of work can refer to any kind of writing really, from sonnets to reviews of Eastenders.

will am i

reply from Les came through this morning, i would like to thank Les for taking the time to reply seeing as he is under no obligation to do so. reply as follows:-

Tony,
it was for the ACL business, as my article in which I revealed this figure made clear. Of course, that article has been badly misrepresented by bloggers such as John Fletcher and on social media since, by that tiny minority who seem to bizarrely think it's a constructive tactic to discredit the local journalist who does something more than simply uncritically regurgitate their version of events.
There has been balance, and grilling of all sides - it's just that the emotional and dogmatic on either side choose not to believe it.

As I've stated many times, both before and after the Seppala interview on several occasions I invited any ACL director or council leader to a similar interview, and have their say. They declined, without explanation. They continue to decline.

Ann Lucas was forced into a statement on Tues by a recent fans' campaign and publicity. We reported this. NOTE It shows that the outstanding judicial review is not in law any reason why councillors should not talk to their electorate and show leadership at a time of crisis.
We had huge splashes on Haskell and ACL plans to oust the club's owners through the court/admin process. ACL and Ainsworth have had their say in our newspaper many, many times.

I am very pleased with my body of work this year on this saga which could hardly be more balanced in totality - from breaking the Northampton groundshare story and Brandon sale talks; to exclusives on the confidential CVA terms and the judicial review; to forcing Tim Fisher to admit that some players were registered in Holdings and forcing the League after my Greg Clarke interview to admit "administrative errors" in registering players to the wrong company; to live blogs from the High Court and from Appleton's creditor meetings. It is acknowledged I was usually first with the news via Twitter or our website throughout the summer.

My job as a political correspondent is to scrutinise local authorities and MPs, to comment and criticise as well as to report what they say. That does not mean I have not reported and scrutinised the other side too - as anyone can see from my body of work.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Les

No particular axe to grind with Les but the headline was "Could Ricoh Arena be sold to Coventry City owners Sisu for £7m?"

He also said "It also appears CBRE - acting for ACL last year – valued the Ricoh Arena businesses and all its assets at between £7m and £9m."

That might sound to many people (well me anyway) that he meant the stadium too. The subtlety between the Ricoh Arena itself and business conducted using the arena (the ACL bit?) might have got lost.

Still not sure I understand what he was trying to say, and the headline seems to be misleading.

I have nothing against Les Reid Im just trying to understand what Les and others thinks SISU should be offered, and what they are meant to get for £7m. I was under the impression it was the whole of the Ricoh Arena site and the business associated with it. Clearly i misunderstood.

asb

The Media does not have to be impartial, it is made up of the opinions of individuals writing to an editorial line. If you do not agree with the editorial you have the choice not to buy their paper, or write to them and express your dissatisfaction.

Being impartial adds power to your words, and gives the writer a position of all knowing authority, which is why many papers and journalists claim it, few if any earn it.

The paper can write what it likes, and claim what it likes, it does not make it true, or even false. it is up to you as readers to take what is written and decided for yourself if you agree with it.

skybluetony176

No particular axe to grind with Les but the headline was "Could Ricoh Arena be sold to Coventry City owners Sisu for £7m?"

He also said "It also appears CBRE - acting for ACL last year – valued the Ricoh Arena businesses and all its assets at between £7m and £9m."

That might sound to many people (well me anyway) that he meant the stadium too. The subtlety between the Ricoh Arena itself and business conducted using the arena (the ACL bit?) might have got lost.

Still not sure I understand what he was trying to say, and the headline seems to be misleading.

I have nothing against Les Reid Im just trying to understand what Les and others thinks SISU should be offered, and what they are meant to get for £7m. I was under the impression it was the whole of the Ricoh Arena site and the business associated with it. Clearly i misunderstood.

he seems to be clear that the £7m is for the ACL business, ACL own the lease hold so the £7m covers the lease hold and however long that has to run. not the free hold or the surrounding land that ripe for development.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread