Shamima Begum (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Just reading some of the justification from the government lawyer and I quote

You could well have been radicalised and manipulated at an age (15) when you are vulnerable …. But nevertheless however unfortunate it might be you are now a risk

There’s more but wow!!!!!

No wonder girls in care are abused by men and ignored by those in authority in social services and the police ffs

Grendel

I’m really surprised but I’ve seen legal issues dealt with after the event

As a 15 year old she was groomed and not protected by the system. But hey who cares eh

would you have the same view if she’d left on her 16th birthday 8 weeks later?

Otis

It's a sad case isn't it. Two 15 year olds and one 16 year old, groomed and systematically brainwashed. And weren't they all married off to IS fighters pretty soon after arriving over there?

Not sure I know the answer though as what we should do/have done with her.

Just a very sad case. The other two girls were both killed weren't they?

Sky Blue Pete

It's a sad case isn't it. Two 15 year olds and one 16 year old, groomed and systematically brainwashed. And weren't they all married off to IS fighters pretty soon after arriving over there?

Not sure I know the answer though as what we should do/have done with her.

Just a very sad case. The other two girls were both killed weren't they?
It appears that way yes
It’s why this case is more important that Shamima for me otis
If we are saying 15 year olds are legally responsible under adult laws that’s so so dangerous

Bugsy

My personal opinion is you reap what u sow.

who's to say she still doesn't have links to ISIS. that's a national security risk end of.

David O'Day

Which country is she in currently?
My personal opinion is you reap what u sow.

who's to say she still doesn't have links to ISIS. that's a national security risk end of.
At 15? so someone grooms you and it's your fault? We let adult fighters back in, it's government policy.

She was a kid and she was used as a pawn by a failing and frankly awful home sec to score political points.

Grendel

It appears that way yes
It’s why this case is more important that Shamima for me otis
If we are saying 15 year olds are legally responsible under adult laws that’s so so dangerous

I think at 15 you would have knowledge of the law and should be legally responsible yes I do

The citizenship debate is different but you have to be held responsible

David O'Day

A state stripping someone of their citizenship doesn’t sit comfortably with me, especially as she was 15 at the time.
It's also illegal as she has no other citizenship. She isn't Bangladeshi, Bangladesh has confirmed that many times already.

It'll open up back in open court

shmmeee

I think at 15 you would have knowledge of the law and should be legally responsible yes I do

Do you think the abusers of the Rotherham girls should have been prosecuted?

David O'Day

at 15 she was child, a child who many people who should of protected her failed.

Weird

Grendel

at 15 she was child, a child who many people who should of protected her failed.

Weird

So you’d say the 15 year olds who murdered Brianna Grey are somehow more excused from their actions as they are not 16?

olderskyblue

Begum infamously said “when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn’t faze me at all” and how the gruesome trophy was from “an enemy of Islam”. Just days later in an interview with the BBC Begum went on to say there was “justification” for the Manchester Bombings because of ISIS losses in Syria and Iraq, calling it a “a two-way thing”.

Can we say for sure that she isnt still a supporter of ISIS?

David O'Day

Pete and O'Day can share custody of her in their spare room then?
What? Having citizenship doesn't mean she would come back. There's plenty of people in the same camps that do have British citizenship, no one is saying they should repatriate her. In fact she seems more interested in going back to Holland where her husband is from.

It's more a 15 year child who was groomed being used as a political pawn by a failed Home Sec. to prop up what was May's failing admin.

Also why would anyone have to put her up? if she did ever come back she has family in the Uk as she was fucking born here.

Users who are viewing this thread