Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (3 Viewers)

Yank

I'm in bar watching the game with other members of the USA Sky Blues and when Torp scored that beauty I jumped up and spilled beer all over myself! But worth it!*

*Wish said beer wasn't expensive as fuck mind.

mrtrench

Absolute beauty from Torp... Unstoppable from half way inside their half. They stood off him so he took one step and curled it into the top left corner. That aside, he was having an unremarkable debut.

A half mostly lacking in quality. They don't look like scoring and we skied three... Godden with the worst of those when it looked easier to score. Sorry, Godden has been poor throughout. Still unable to hold up the ball even when to his feet.

Contrast that with Sheaf, who has been brilliant. He's bringing the ball forward too now and starting to look a bit like Gus. Eccles also very good. Simms doing well carrying the ball and finding space. All defenders playing well.

Palmer getting booed by the SW KKK. He's trying but not a lot coming off for him yet. Also guilty of hitting row Z from a shot. Eccles was the third from a difficult volley from a clever corner. Torp on corners BTW.

Cannot see them scoring. Bring on O'hare for Godden and I think we would canter to a win, scoring a couple more.

stupot07

Quelle surprise. I mention that Sheaf has played well and Earlsdon mocks my post with a laughing emoji.

SBT

Can’t watch the game so desperately trying to workshop Murder on the Dancefloor/Victor Torp lyrics

Happy_Martian

Torp was looking like he was starting to struggle with either the physicality or the pace of the game. Wouldn't be surprised if he's subbed at halftime or after 60 mins.

Tea & Busquets

Another masterclass transfer from Robins. Not the full package yet but once he puts in some more work physically and acclimates to the championship we will have a true monster midfielder on our hands.

djr8369

His first touch is woeful, for his size hes a pussy, he constantly looks like he's on ice, cant hit a clean strike.

I dont see it. I was wrong with Haji, i hope in wrong here but hes just not getting better
I think he gets a lot more physical treatment from defenders due to his size. Much like Wright and Gyokeres.

Even if it didn’t work out here he’s got talent and will be fine.

Londonccfcfan

Torp has settled in nicely and going furward has given Robins a goid headache...competition for places vs Bristol city now is nuts.

JohnWH

I'm in bar watching the game with other members of the USA Sky Blues and when Torp scored that beauty I jumped up and spilled beer all over myself! But worth it!*

*Wish said beer wasn't expensive as fuck mind.

What city are you in

Users who are viewing this thread