Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday - Coventry City [FA] Match Thread - Friday 26th Jan (3 Viewers)

edgy

1706261345862.png

6 Changes.... Not sure about RB though. And it maybe Binks not McFadz

mrtrench

Can we beat you every week

Just had my computer tepaired. It was away for two weeks. I was too stubborn to watch the games on my phone so got up early this morning knowing no scores and watched Leicester and Sheff W back to back. Buzzing now with a 6 point morning.

England f

Hertsccfc

been on the winning team and celebrated

I think the club would rather KP didnt play, but i think KP will want to play and the club will back whatever he wants, so i think we will see him tonight, and i cant see a significant amount of boos coming his way so think we'll get through the game ok.

as said above though, any boos/abuse, just walk, however annoying that will be for those that travel, there's bigger things in life and we need to show KP our support
It really shouldn't be a case of us just walking off. We report it to the referee who takes both teams off. That is a much stronger message. We would only walk off unilaterally if the referee failed to act which would be irrational.

shmmeee

With Wright back for Bristol and a winger potentially close to signing he might be happier to play Saka I guess.

Or he knows O’Hare is off so is giving him one last game :p

SkyBlueSoul

My guess at 7 changes. Having squad depth is weird.

Wilson
Lati Kitching Binks DaSilva
Torp Sheaf
Simms Allen Palmer
Godden

Collins, Fadz, Thomas, MvE, Bidwell, Eccles, O'Hare, Saka, Wright

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Might be one of those where a 5 ATB makes sense and you start players who have fallen out of place in the new system.

Wilson
MVE
Lati
McF
Binks
JD
Sheaf
Eccles
Allen
COH
Simms

Not sure I would want to go 5 ATB. We would be going from a system that is working, to one that wasn't. We also just beat them playing our winning formula. I am curious about changes they might make though, and how seriously they'll be taking this game given their league position.

alexccfc99

They've been getting wound up about us having successive sell ours on twitter, so touchy for such a massive outfit

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Because these self proclaimed big institutions who haven't done anything since they kicked a pigs bladder around as a ball and only have their big support to cling onto (Sunderland, Sheff Weds et al.!) do not like a 'new kid on the block' so to speak

As Doug hinted to when he first took over, there is over 1m people live under a CV postcode, the potential is there and we're starting to see the fruition of that - we are seen as a threat and people don't like it

I saw someone say on twitter that everyone felt sorry for us when we were down in the doldrums, we started to claw our way back and people did not like it - and it was bang on

PVA

I fancy us to give them a good beating, the lads will be fired up by the Palmer incident and I think it'll be a low home crowd with poor backing for them.

Palmer to put in the performance of his life and bag a couple of goals, several hundred Wednesday knuckle draggers to quite literally burst into flames due to sheer rage.

*chefs kiss*

napolimp

As usual i never get given the full line up its basically cluedo

But from what i can ascertain

Wilson, Lats, Binks, DaSilva, Torp, Eccles, Simms, Palmer, Godden

So thats 9 of the 11

Teasing me on Sheaf / Allen, and the final player

That will be as much as i get i feel 😂

Wow, that's interesting. So what's the thinking formation wise?

Wilson
Latibeaudiere - Kitching - Binks - JDS
Eccles - Torp - Allen
Palmer
Simms - Godden

baldy

I fancy us to give them a good beating, the lads will be fired up by the Palmer incident and I think it'll be a low home crowd with poor backing for them.

Palmer to put in the performance of his life and bag a couple of goals, several hundred Wednesday knuckle draggers to quite literally burst into flames due to sheer rage.

*chefs kiss*

Imagine if City get a pen in the last second? Ooooffff

PVA

Wow, that's interesting. So what's the thinking formation wise?

Wilson
Latibeaudiere - Kitching - Binks - JDS
Eccles - Torp - Allen
Palmer
Simms - Godden

The usual 4-2-3-1 I’d imagine

Wilson
Lats – Binks – Kitch – Dasilva
Eccles – Torp
Simms – Allen – Palmer
Godden

(if that’s the XI)

slowpoke

Just had my computer tepaired. It was away for two weeks. I was too stubborn to watch the games on my phone so got up early this morning knowing no scores and watched Leicester and Sheff W back to back. Buzzing now with a 6 point morning.
I’ll be surprised if Torp doesn’t start it’s the ideal fixture to bed him in with the Bristol game just four days away. I think it’s better to start for an hour or so than coming on after 60/70 minutes

napolimp

Palmer will definitely play tonight (if he's up for it) because Wright will be playing on Tuesday, I presume.

Gibbo

I’ll be surprised if Torp doesn’t start it’s the ideal fixture to bed him in with the Bristol game just four days away. I think it’s better to start for an hour or so than coming on after 60/70 minutes
Slightly surprised if Torp included, so soon after all the Robins' expectations management down played the likelihood. The six incoming - Wilson, Lati, Binks, Da Silva, Simms & Allen. Lose 2-1.

skybluegod

So thats 9 of the 11

It will be Allen and Thomas I bet. Thomas to give a bit of stability.

Cheylesmore ITK

They are likely to make changes and even our reduced side should be enough. Only things they have going for them is they try hard and their pitch isn't good for being expansive on.

Bertola

So thats 9 of the 11

So it's Thomas or Milan (mcFadz at an absolute push i guess), and Allen or Sheaf?

Sky Blue Harry H

They were annoyed by him responding and gesticulating with the crowd. Nothing more
Agree with that. obviously the racist idiot did his thing and rightly got nabbed for it, The majority were just riled as they were losing and KP was winding them up.

Saddlebrains

My last attempt at deciphering it, forgot to say Kitching is playing too

I think hes going back to the wing backs system for this game

Wilson
Thomas Binks Kitching
Lats. DaSilva
Eccles. Torp
Palmer
Godden. Simms

PVA

I'd say Kitching is more likely to play than Thomas.

Bobby has been playing every game whereas Kitch had a 3 game rest.

edgy

My last attempt at deciphering it, forgot to say Kitching is playing too

I think hes going back to the wing backs system for this game

Wilson
Thomas Binks Kitching
Lats. DaSilva
Eccles. Torp
Palmer
Godden. Simms

With Wright out and Sakamoto rested, I suppose it makes sense and fits the personnel better.

edgy

Palmer to score from outside the box, both teams to receive a card & city win. 33/1. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread