Match Thread Sheffield Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

I’m not confident for victory for this one. Mentioned to a Wednesday supporting mate of mine that we’re without our midfield/2 best players. He scoffed and asked if I’ve seen their injury list, I have now...they’ve got a lot of injuries and I think picked up 2 new ones in their last game. He said they’re shite and can’t score. Thinks we’ll win.
I’d be happy with a draw!

Sky Blue Harry H

• Millwall15:00Nottingham Forest
  • Rotherham United15:00Derby County
  • Sheffield Wednesday15:00Coventry City

3 crunch games today. As I posted before, even if things go badly for us today, we will still be either 5 or 6 points clear of either Forest or Rotherham. Edit: make that 4 games, as Wycombe v QPR is also today!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

With arguably our best two players missing, I think a draw today would be a very decent result.

Have a sneaky feeling we may lose this one, so I would take the point all day long..

A bit of a cowardly look on it I think.

We should be looking to take the 3 points.

mrtrench

This is the side that lined up against Wycombe, a similar game. I expect it to be the same with Allen replacing Kelly & possibly Giles for Shipley:

• 13Wilson
  • 2Østigard
  • 5McFadzean
  • 15Hyam
  • 23Dabo
  • 6Kelly
  • 14Sheaf
  • 21McCallum
  • 11O'Hare
  • 26Shipley
  • 19Walker

lifeskyblue

I’d be tempted to play Sam in a defensive midfield role alongside sheaf with Giles lwb. A bit inexperienced but I can’t see Allen or shippers filling in there (not strong enough) and although I think Pask has played defensive midfield role before he seems out of favour. Thought many of our players on Wednesday looked tired (I’m sure same for other clubs) and Walker especially seemed to run out of steam after 45mins. The 2 games per week taking its toll in injuries and performances.
I think Godden must be back fairly soon and might see him on bench in the next couple of weeks.
Today’s game important for both teams...more so for Wednesday and I don’t expect a classic but rather a tight scrappy affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I’d be tempted to play Sam in a defensive midfield role alongside sheaf with Giles lwb. A bit inexperienced but I can’t see Allen or shippers filling in there (not strong enough) and although I think Pask has played defensive midfield role before he seems out of favour. Thought many of our players on Wednesday looked tired (I’m sure same for other clubs) and Walker especially seemed to run out of steam after 45mins. The 2 games per week taking its toll in injuries and performances.
I think Godden must be back fairly soon and might see him on bench in the next couple of weeks.
Today’s game important for both teams...more so for Wednesday and I don’t expect a classic but rather a tight scrappy affair.

Can Dacosta play in midfield? He looks decent from the very little I’ve seen.

Some People were all about Pask in the close season. He now seems to be surplus to requirements.

lifeskyblue

Can Dacosta play in midfield? He looks decent from the very little I’ve seen.

Some People were all about Pask in the close season. He now seems to be surplus to requirements.

I thought about Dacosta...but I’m not sure how much game time he has had. Has only come on in final few mins of a couple of league games....has he completed a full game with the u23?

lifeskyblue

We’ve now got people wanting wing backs at CDM

No I want Hamer and Kelly at CDM but neither available. Robins will have to shuffle the pack and unless goes with one holding midfielder (sheaf) at least one player will be playing ‘out’ of position. We have 4 wingbacks ...3 of whom have played regularly...not ideal but one might be used as makeshift defensive midfield.

clint van damme

Even without their deduction they’d be 7 points behind us. No chance I’d “take a draw” at this point. It’s bollocks.

it's not about 'taking' a draw as much as having some context and not melting down like a spoilt Arsenal supporter on 606 if that's the outcome.
We will go into Christmas outside the relegation zone - we would have all took that at the start.

We lost to the bottom of the table club (at home) last year, season didn't end up too badly. Stay calm people.

TomRad85

it's not about 'taking' a draw as much as having some context and not melting down like a spoilt Arsenal supporter on 606 if that's the outcome.
We will go into Christmas outside the relegation zone - we would have all took that at the start.

We lost to the bottom of the table club (at home) last year, season didn't end up too badly. Stay calm people.
I'd be ok with a draw personally. Have we won a game without Hamer do you know? I'm struggling to remember one.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I'd be ok with a draw personally. Have we won a game without Hamer do you know? I'm struggling to remember one.

I don't think we have. I'm still hopeful we'll take 3 points today just not going to meltdown if we do.
But to be on 25 points with 3 games to go until the halfway stage would be a great position to be in.

TomRad85

I don't think we have. I'm still hopeful we'll take 3 points today just not going to meltdown if we do.
But to be on 25 points with 3 games to go until the halfway stage would be a great position to be in.
Shows how important he is. For me he's genuinely the difference between struggling and staying up with (reasonable) comfort. Makes us tick.

Tommo1993

You’re right, it is good. And probably ahead of target. But if we should be beating teams around us, should fans be happy with a draw? I know it’s not a loss, but still. I don’t really believe that going for a win is causing us to lose. A draw won’t be end of the world, agreed. But playing for them will be likely to relegate us.

TomRad85

You’re right, it is good. And probably ahead of target. But if we should be beating teams around us, should fans be happy with a draw? I know it’s not a loss, but still. I don’t really believe that going for a win is causing us to lose. A draw won’t be end of the world, agreed. But playing for them will be likely to relegate us.
I'd be happy with drawing any away game at this level apart from Wycombe. Especially as there's no evidence thus far we are capable of winning without Hamer in the team. I was mad with the Derby game, but that's mainly because we were absolutely piss poor.

Can we win this game? Sure. Would i be content with a point. Yes

clint van damme

I agree, but as supporters we tend to see things in black and white.
If we're not going gung ho then we're playing for a draw when I think the reality of Robins game plan is somewhere in between.
Robins has to factor in a lot of things, fatigue, missing players, players who may be carrying a knock which we're unaware of.
I still think Walker is struggling from his bout of covid and Steve Bruce has said that some of his players that had it are really struggling.

So he has to arrange his tactics around all of this, at the minute, it's not working out too badly. 3 points would be absolutely massive today though I have to say.

clint van damme

I'd be happy with drawing any away game at this level apart from Wycombe. Especially as there's no evidence thus far we are capable of winning without Hamer in the team. I was mad with the Derby game, but that's mainly because we were absolutely piss poor.

Can we win this game? Sure. Would i be content with a point. Yes

the thing with the Derby game is that Robins never changed it even when it was clear Derby were starting to boss the game. I think he got that badly wrong.
Luton and Huddersfield were clearly heading for draws so I can accept his changes coming really late as he didn't want to risk losing the point.

Otis

When you are missing your two of your very best players and they are both from central midfield and one of them is the provider of most of our creativity, that IS going to have an affect.

Add to that, the slating Sheaf and Shipley have been receiving, people are scratching their heads as to how we replace two such vital players.

Personally, I think MR will look to solidify midfield.

covcity4life

Cowardly LMAO

Away point vs anyone is decent . Especially in a 6 pointer where we are already above them

You see football so black and white its crazy. We should win this. The striker must score that etc

Not trolling but I am really surprised you say you play organised footy. It's like you judt csnt understand not everything you want in your head will always play out like that.

clint van damme

When you are missing your two of your very best players and they are both from central midfield and one of them is the provider of most of our creativity, that IS going to have an affect.

Add to that, the slating Sheaf and Shipley have been receiving, people are scratching their heads as to how we replace two such vital players.

Personally, I think MR will look to solidify midfield.

that's what I think he'll do. I just hope that if it becomes apparent that Wednesday are as bad as their supporters are making out that he takes the shackles off a little earlier that the 85th minute!

Alkhen

Hoping for draws in all these today:

Millwall v Nottm Forest
Rotherham v Derby
Wycombe v QPR

If we can sneak a result we can really put some daylight between the us and the bottom 3

Legia Sky Blue

This is the sensible way of looking at this. I want 3 points today and think we can get them but there are still lingering doubts about the loss of Hamer & Kelly, the extra days rest for Wednesday, and sods law that Wednesday are due a result and us a loss which would make me take a draw. With regards to the easy games argument, I would refer people to our failure to defeat Bolton's under 11's last season, despite which we still won the league. A single result decides nothing whether it be a fantastic one or a terrible one.

Terry_dactyl

Cowardly LMAO

Away point vs anyone is decent . Especially in a 6 pointer where we are already above them

You see football so black and white its crazy. We should win this. The striker must score that etc

Not trolling but I am really surprised you say you play organised footy. It's like you judt csnt understand not everything you want in your head will always play out like that.
Ah but do they say who it’s organised by?

Users who are viewing this thread