Should Ohare now be back up for Palmer (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Well you lot like getting carried away. O'Hare is a top,top asset. The last couple of games he has looked a little out of sorts. Physical sides do not suit him and he needs the support of a master Sheaf just around him. To suggest anything other than interested is for the birds. He's full of beans as a player, but looked jaded and was clearly not tactically suitable against W.Brom.
W.Brom did very little to threaten our goal tbh. Two shots, two goals. We actually threatened theirs a whole lot more but were sadly lacking in the finish. We won the second half easily, but just couldn't get the leveller.
There's much more to come from our players and once again by and large results today went our way keeping us firmly in the hunt. We have to improve obviously but all sides have dips and we usually come back strong. The next few games leading up to the FA Cup game will tell us what we need to know. Sheaf back will make a difference and Torp gets fitter with each game. Don't write us off just yet.

Flying Fokker

Losing O’Hare is not a disaster. He doesn’t impact games enough a lot of the time. Palmer is an interesting one. Undoubted ability and looks good on the ball but 9 times out of 10 has no end product or makes the wrong decisions. For me he’s best impacting from the bench.

It’s interesting how people see players differently. He’s a MOM candidate quite often so the rest of the team must be playing worse than him.

Flying Fokker

What annoys me, if accurate, is that he could have gone in January for a fee, but opted to stay and go in June for free.

That’s City’s error if there was anyone out there we could have taken it.

The lad at Peterborough is doing playing OK. Maybe we have others ready to come in?

Flying Fokker

Well you lot like getting carried away. O'Hare is a top,top asset. The last couple of games he has looked a little out of sorts. Physical sides do not suit him and he needs the support of a master Sheaf just around him. To suggest anything other than interested is for the birds. He's full of beans as a player, but looked jaded and was clearly not tactically suitable against W.Brom.
W.Brom did very little to threaten our goal tbh. Two shots, two goals. We actually threatened theirs a whole lot more but were sadly lacking in the finish. We won the second half easily, but just couldn't get the leveller.
There's much more to come from our players and once again by and large results today went our way keeping us firmly in the hunt. We have to improve obviously but all sides have dips and we usually come back strong. The next few games leading up to the FA Cup game will tell us what we need to know. Sheaf back will make a difference and Torp gets fitter with each game. Don't write us off just yet.

Agreed, how many jaded games do our players need? Robins rested some on rotation.

MalcSB

That’s City’s error if there was anyone out there we could have taken it.

The lad at Peterborough is doing playing OK. Maybe we have others ready to come in?
The club can’t force him to sign a contract with itself or anybody else. So not City’s error.

wingy

The club can’t force him to sign a contract with itself or anybody else. So not City’s error.
No the only option they could have offered is parity to the new signings and maybe a signing on fee, then we could call him a traitor without compunction!

SkyblueTexan

No point playing a player who’s no longer part of our plans for the future and whose only concern atm is not to get injured which could ruin a move to a Prem team. So let him rot in the reserves. I don’t care. Might as well start playing those who are part of the future. Our playoff hopes are fading anyway.

Grendel

No point playing a player who’s no longer part of our plans for the future and whose only concern atm is not to get injured which could ruin a move to a Prem team. So let him rot in the reserves. I don’t care. Might as well start playing those who are part of the future. Our playoff hopes are fading anyway.

What rubbish

letsallsingtogether

We're 5 points off the playoffs.

If his performances don't warrant a starting place then fair enough, but dropping him solely because he's leaving at the end of the season is just nuts.
So do you think his performances warrant a place?
I dont been annonimus last few games.

letsallsingtogether

It's amazing how a couple of bad results has somehow sealed O'Hare moving on

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Has he been playing well enough that is the question I dont think so love the lad but seems somewhere else at the moment.
Hope he plays tommorrow and has a blinder we are better when hes on form lets wait and see.

AiS86

Some of these takes are quite frankly pathetic. Sheer speculation that a slight downturn in form means he's given up because he's already playing for a different club in his head. Even if he had a pre-contract arranged, he'd still be giving it his all. He's not working in an office in a job he hates so doesn't give a shit what happens if he downs tools. He's doing a job he loves and is motivated by winning and playing the best he can whenever he's on the pitch. If he's keeping his options open with the hope of taking a step up and getting a pay rise, the better he performs, the better his options are. To suggest he doesn't care anymore is pretty insulting after all he's done here

JoeCCFCPUSB

I am more concerned about keeping hold of Sheaf than O'Hare staying or leaving. O'Hare up until this return from injury has always been a player thats looks "great" on the ball, but never had goals or assists in him. I feel a purple patch has likely turned his head away from our club and i would imagine come July he will be wearing a Leicester City jersey. We as a football club are fine without Hamer and Gyok and we will also be fine without O'Hare.

Sick Boy

I am more concerned about keeping hold of Sheaf than O'Hare staying or leaving. O'Hare up until this return from injury has always been a player thats looks "great" on the ball, but never had goals or assists in him. I feel a purple patch has likely turned his head away from our club and i would imagine come July he will be wearing a Leicester City jersey. We as a football club are fine without Hamer and Gyok and we will also be fine without O'Hare.
Leicester?! Based on what? Him talking to their players after the game?

Evo1883

Outside the top 7 in Spain, I'm not sure any would be better than Leeds or Leicester in the championship .. proper shit league these days , I wouldn't say its a significant step up , but a step up nonetheless , the sun will be nice

I'm really annoyed about his leaving tbh , don't care how much he's earning etc etc , this whole thing has pissed me off ... put his best shifts in as he's about to leave.. whatever cal
House Party Dancing GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Class above Palmer who doesn’t have the energy levels for a full game, doesn’t track back consistently or find that final through ball unless it’s against teams like Maidstone and Oxford. Everyone bemoaned Simms shooting from the edge of the area last week but Palmers was no better, nor was the chance at Norwich and so many other games.

O’Hare is levels above him on every front

With regard to him not signing - would anyone on here sign a contract with your current employer for 3 years with restrictions in it but for increased pay when you could let the current one lapse in less than a year and then have the equivalent “transfer” value of yourself included into your next wage as well as an uplift in wage, of course not.

You are going to see this happen so much more in the next few years, especially when players maybe improve throughout their contract.
Mbappe is leading the charge on it and clubs need to figure out about offering renewals in year 1 of a 3 year deal or year 2 in 4 year deals or lose out.

I’d rather have O’Hare play more games from now on in with Sheaf fit regardless of contract issues, just the better player.

Deity

It’s interesting how people see players differently. He’s a MOM candidate quite often so the rest of the team must be playing worse than him.
He’s actually not been a MOTM candidate for quite a while to be honest.

COH is certainly a good player but his recent form hasn’t been to his own high standard.

I still feel his physical attributes or lack of them will make him struggle in the Premier league.

He’s a top end championship player at the minute.

For as long as we have a sensible chance of reaching the play offs I’d play him as his form merits it. Once that play off chance disapoears then I’d put him on the bench.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ben Brereton Diaz hardly set the world alight with his free move to Spain but suppose it earned him a loan to the worst club in the top flight, swings and roundabouts I guess.

zuni

O'Hare could show a little loyalty by signing a contract with get out clauses after being looked after by the club. Dion did it ..not much to ask for as he is guaranteed a move anyway

Deity

O'Hare could show a little loyalty by signing a contract with get out clauses after being looked after by the club. Dion did it ..not much to ask for as he is guaranteed a move anyway
If he was going to he would have in January ….

I know for a fact Leicester have watched him on multiple occasions. They have 5 players on over £70k a week with Vardy on £140k.

You can see why players heads get turned, and agents !

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m sure he’s significantly richer!

That’s not the be all and end all for footballers. Most footballers want to compete at the highest level they can.

They obviously want to maximise their earnings, the difference between earning 100k per week and 50k per week is not much. When you’re earning that much you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Why do you think players are wanting to leave the Saudi league rather than stay in their gilded cages?

ccfcricoh

i wouldnt drop him because he hasnt signed a contract.... id be dropping him because he's been shit the last few games...

he wont be here next season so i get the calls for leaving him out, but as long as we have something to play for he absolutely should be considered. if we get knocked out the cup and with 5 games to go cant get playoffs, then cast him aside

Grendel

i wouldnt drop him because he hasnt signed a contract.... id be dropping him because he's been shit the last few games...

he wont be here next season so i get the calls for leaving him out, but as long as we have something to play for he absolutely should be considered. if we get knocked out the cup and with 5 games to go cant get playoffs, then cast him aside

Why would you cast him aside? Do what then? Play Tavares?

Grendel

He owes us nothing.

Grendel

O’Hare is your Biamou. Do you have his autograph?

He owes us nothing. We have an obligation to look after injured players.

Players are often disposed of when the are not considered good enough or injured when a contract ends. It’s just stupid logic.

He was ready to be let go to Burnley before getting injured.

Deity

That’s not the be all and end all for footballers. Most footballers want to compete at the highest level they can.

They obviously want to maximise their earnings, the difference between earning 100k per week and 50k per week is not much. When you’re earning that much you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Why do you think players are wanting to leave the Saudi league rather than stay in their gilded cages?
Why did they go in the first place then ?

Reactions: SBT

Users who are viewing this thread