Showing support for Palmer on Friday (2 Viewers)

Cheylesmore ITK

Jan 19, 2024
What? At every ground up & down the country every week?
We are talking about the game tonight my friend and the fact that it seems a lot of Wednesday fans are talking about boing Palmer.

Please keep up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
For repeat actions yes, I'd be amazed reading the online if some don't boo him and tbf we and he should be prepared for that. Many were incensed at him winding them up before the idiot acted and that was ok for him and them, I loved him winding them but know the line. I hope he does it again and the best way by scoring. Even do the Jude in front of them again.
Everyone gets booed as the opposition, but not everyone is called a black c**t with monkey gestures. I’m on about if that in particular is repeated

slowpoke

Apr 24, 2015
I can’t believe that with so many stewards in that corner, and Kasey pointing the twat out, that none of them even attempted to grab the bloke, surely even on minimum pay you have a protocol to restrain this sort of twat?
If it’s a similar set up to here at Cov certain stewards have certain roles, ejecting people here they wear red and have I think it is response on their back.
I didn’t notice any police so I assume it was a police free game.

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
If it’s a similar set up to here at Cov certain stewards have certain roles, ejecting people here they wear red and have I think it is response on their back.
I didn’t notice any police so I assume it was a police free game.
There were loads of police at our end. Didn't see them until it kicked off a bit in the corner when they were leaving and suddenly loads of police ran over.

Reactions: Hiraeth

robbiethemole

Apr 18, 2010
Countesthorpe
Just seen more new posts on there, it’s like being back in the 70’s some of those responses, ‘I’ll boo him for being a dickhead, not cos he’s black’, yeah right!
Two jokes spring to mind for me,’ you can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell him much’ and ‘Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, strong int’ arm and thick int’ head

slowpoke

Apr 24, 2015
Just seen more new posts on there, it’s like being back in the 70’s some of those responses, ‘I’ll boo him for being a dickhead, not cos he’s black’, yeah right!
Two jokes spring to mind for me,’ you can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can’t tell him much’ and ‘Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, strong int’ arm and thick int’ head
“And if need anything to do it your sen”

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Dec 9, 2011
Coventry

Johhny Blue

Feb 1, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I don't think you can take the team off if he is booed, despite the situation caused from last week, there will be fans who just boo for the sake of it, if there are signs of racist abuse, then yes, without a doubt but also let the ref make that call where possible having pointed it out to them first to see if can be dealt with like it should have been done last week.
If we’re going to walk off let’s get a good lead first. That’ll shore the bastards

robbiethemole

Apr 18, 2010
Countesthorpe
So their CH is in the same international team as Kasey and they have other black players and the young goalkeeper is mixed race...........how the hell are these guys going to feel if their own 'fans' start all this shit again??
It's almost as if they don't see their own black players going by the comments

Last edited:
Reactions: djr8369 and Astute

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
So their CH is in the same international team as Kasey and they have other black players and the young goalkeeper is mixed race...........how the hell are these guys going to feel if their own 'fans' start all this shit again??
It's almost as if they don't see their own black players going by the comments
They must be so idiotic to think it will only affect the players they aim it at. But imagine what it's like being a black player in their side.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Oct 30, 2023
I know I got roasted by chris1987 on here for lumping them all as being Neanderthals, but so many responses on their site just reinforces the idea that they are. So many what abouts and he deserved it posts just make it impossible to have any sympathy for them

Mate I got roasted by lots on here, many who even sided with a SWFC fan over me on the subject, you’re onto a losing battle…..

I agree with you though, there can’t be much of an argument now, player gets racially abused, many SWFC fans ‘disgusted’ but ‘it’s only one fan’ etc etc…, same player plays the following week and large numbers of the (fairly uninspiring) SWFC crowd boo him?

I don’t think it’s the majority of fans, but looks / sounds like it’s a large minority - horrible club

Cheylesmore ITK

Jan 19, 2024
Mate I got roasted by lots on here, many who even sided with a SWFC fan over me on the subject, you’re onto a losing battle…..

I agree with you though, there can’t be much of an argument now, player gets racially abused, many SWFC fans ‘disgusted’ but ‘it’s only one fan’ etc etc…, same player plays the following week and large numbers of the (fairly uninspiring) SWFC crowd boo him?

I don’t think it’s the majority of fans, but looks / sounds like it’s a large minority - horrible club
they'll say it because he had a set to with bannon but that's just an excuse

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Oct 30, 2023
they'll say it because he had a set to with bannon but that's just an excuse

yeah I did wonder about that - the same way that in the first game ‘get the bastard off the pitch’ was just a song that every club up and down the land’s supporters sing 🤔

not even sure what the Barry Bannan thing was, seemed a bit weird, but still come on - if what happened had happened at our place surely our fans would have the sense NOT to boo the player no matter what happens in the game??

Reactions: SkyBlueSam01

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry

Robins spot on as always. The most depressing part of all this is yet again if you look at that post the replies are full of their fans defending it and saying they did nothing wrong.

We all know there's absolute idiots in every fan base but at the vast majority of clubs when there is an issue those giving the abuse are quickly condemned by other supporters yet with Wednesday that seems to not be the case which would indicate, for what ever reason, the issues there are more widespread than at most other clubs.

Is it an issue in that part of the country given the response we saw from Yorkshire cricket supporters when their club was in the spotlight. It was very similar to what we see here, lots of 'we've done nothing wrong' and 'everyone else is against us' type responses then as well.

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
Robins spot on as always. The most depressing part of all this is yet again if you look at that post the replies are full of their fans defending it and saying they did nothing wrong.

We all know there's absolute idiots in every fan base but at the vast majority of clubs when there is an issue those giving the abuse are quickly condemned by other supporters yet with Wednesday that seems to not be the case which would indicate, for what ever reason, the issues there are more widespread than at most other clubs.

Is it an issue in that part of the country given the response we saw from Yorkshire cricket supporters when their club was in the spotlight. It was very similar to what we see here, lots of 'we've done nothing wrong' and 'everyone else is against us' type responses then as well.
Efl and other clubs have to come out and condemn it
What was bannan doing too

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
The chasm between both managers’ responses is very telling. I will be generous and assume there is a language barrier that prevents SW’s manager from saying anything more meaningful about this.

HadjiChippo

Mar 23, 2017
I think the only thing saving Weds fans from further scrutiny is that the game was buried untelevised on a Friday evening. If Maignan had gone back to play Udinese the same week and got the same reaction Kasey/taking the knee got, we’d be seeing wider outrage, and possible further punishments to the club.

Also some interesting comments on their forum about being uncomfortable at the match because of the reaction/hearing racist comments, some stating they don’t feel welcome to return. I’d hate people to come away feeling like that from our home crowd.

And that booing/wanker chant Palmer got every touch wasn’t a “smattering”/or “light”. It was the most audible home crowd noise all first half.

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Also some interesting comments on their forum about being uncomfortable at the match because of the reaction/hearing racist comments, some stating they don’t feel welcome to return. I’d hate people to come away feeling like that from our home crowd.
Different situation (misogyny, rather than racism!), but the whole Marlon King crowd thing ended up with me not going for a couple of years. Culminated in him coming on against Cardiff (he hadn't actually done anything good or bad on the field yet!) to unadulterated joy. I just sat there, noncommital but the bloke next to me told me to fucking get on my feet and clap him, you c**t.

Could do without being ordered to applaud a woman beater who hadn't even done anything football wise with us. Couple that with the chants (she said yes, marlon) and the general febrile atmosphere on GMK which was determined to drive away anybody who questioned why we were so keen to sign someone who was so clearly unrepentent, and a general posting that wanted to blame the victim, and excuse his behaviour, along with club management who also wanted to mock and demean people feeling strongly about the whole situation...

Well, they got what they wanted.

I often wondered if Anne Lucas's attitude to the club was coloured and skewed by how she was treated over that whole affair.

Reactions: SBT

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
We should make it a loud and proud event at the home game
Take the knee
Banners
Two tone kit
Specials music in the build up
Etc etc etc

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
He had ad a set to with Kasey over a nothing incident that seemed geared to getting the crowd on his back.

He also had to apologise as he claims he didn't know he had been abused when he was telling him to shut up and get on with it on Saturday.
Nasty little shit

Users who are viewing this thread