Showing support for Palmer on Friday (1 Viewer)

SWFC1867

Judging by that thread on OWLSTALK it's Wednesday fans this fella should be speaking to and not us.
I'm on Owlstalk mate...been talking to both...you don't want to read it ..put me ignore...its not rocket science

David O'Day

I'm on Owlstalk mate...been talking to both...you don't want to read it ..put me ignore...its not rocket science

We get it, you are sorry. We'll dick you on Friday and not give your team a 2nd thought.

Looking for arguments on a Cov forum is a weird flex though.

napolimp

We get it, you are sorry. We'll dick you on Friday and not give your team a 2nd thought.

He's not been looking for an argument? A certain poster has tried to coax him into one for no apparent reason, based on the club he supports. Same posters now trying to ring fence the forum for some reason, even though they only joined marginally before this Wednesday supporter.

SWFC1867

Mate...honestly Wednesday being "Dicked" is something i've lived with for long enough, but waddya do when its your team?
As for arguments, its not what I came on here for, but seems I've been dragged into them, its not a problem, I see it as more sorta "debate", but it depends on your point of view..Thought your team were pretty good last Saturday, thought your fans were excellent, and it was nice to see you back at Hillsborough, I was at Highfield rd when we *Dicked* you in the League cup quarter final, swings and roundabouts mate...If you don't want to take my initial apology as genuine..fair enough, if you think like some others i've tried to defend what happened at our place on Saturday...point it me out
I'll argue my point on any forum, it happens to be yours at the minute, but in no way did I come on here for an argument....I came on here outta sheer embarrasment on how some of our fans had behaved...but you want an argument...knock yerself out out mate

SWFC1867

genuine question - have there been any Cov fans on the Wednesday forum giving anybody grief over this?
not that i've seen mate, but feel free.....I'll take the same stance as I have on here, as will most other Owls fans....We haven't got an argument against what happened Saturday, cos there isn't one...but feel free to test the waters

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I don’t feel the need to….

I was just genuinely wondering, and actually pleasantly surprised if that’s the case…

and @napolimp if you’re referring to me I’ve not been trying to start an argument, I feel very strongly about this and have put my points across - I still don’t really understand why this guy is still hanging around, but whatever…

and I didn’t realise you had to have joined before a certain time to be in your little elite group?

Brighton Sky Blue

• Proficient

Posted 40 minutes ago
It's so sad that in 2024, racism is still live and kicking.

There were some people around us on the North who were giving their Japanese player grief all game. Not the kind of people you could have a reasonable conversation about it either, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Taken from their board, posted by one of the decent fans.

It looks like Kasey wasn't the only player targeted by their 'fans', maybe Saka just didn't understand what was said, but it really is unacceptable this behaviour is seemingly commonplace.
I did already post this but having sat pretty close to their fans I’m certain a few were calling him a gook.

SWFC1867

I was just genuinely wondering, and actually pleasantly surprised if that’s the case…

and @napolimp if you’re referring to me I’ve not been trying to start an argument, I feel very strongly about this and have put my points across - I still don’t really understand why this guy is still hanging around, but whatever…

and I didn’t realise you had to have joined before a certain time to be in your little elite group?
Why "This guy" is actually hanging around is because he actually is part of the whole debate, because it concerns his football club
Now I dunno what your version of debating about football matches is concerned, but if it happens to mention Sheffield Wednesday, you might, in all honesty, expect a Sheffield Wednesday fan to tip up..Or you could simply bin out and
"Leave it at that"
Which you have said several times but don't seem to fooking understand the phrase you use.
you then go through some sort of ridiculous contortion where you take my apology for what happened as some sort of condoning of racism in football
All you actually want is an argument ...but carry on arguing mate...don't carry on with the
"I'll leave it at that"
Cos it makes you look rather bloody simple

HerneBayGaz

You lads have done wonders to sell out Friday mate....Kops closed I'll be in The South, theres no interest in the F.A cup, its all about survival up here at the minute...I hope it goes well on Friday, but I ain't holding my breath, be glad when its over
Best you concentrate on the cup 1867 from what I've seen it will be long time until we play you again. Thank goodness 🙏 enjoy you tour around the league 1 grounds. Again.
Had a lot of time for SW not anymore.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why "This guy" is actually hanging around is because he actually is part of the whole debate, because it concerns his football club
Now I dunno what your version of debating about football matches is concerned, but if it happens to mention Sheffield Wednesday, you might, in all honesty, expect a Sheffield Wednesday fan to tip up..Or you could simply bin out and
"Leave it at that"
Which you have said several times but don't seem to fooking understand the phrase you use.
you then go through some sort of ridiculous contortion where you take my apology for what happened as some sort of condoning of racism in football
All you actually want is an argument ...but carry on arguing mate...don't carry on with the
"I'll leave it at that"
"Leave it at that"
"I'll leave it at that"
All that needs adding really is that if there’s someone sat near you on Friday going in for round 2 on the racism, will you and others nearby challenge it, stay quiet, or join in? Same applies for all of us at any game and I’ve had to do it at one of our own fixtures this season.

NorthernWisdom

All that needs adding really is that if there’s someone sat near you on Friday going in for round 2 on the racism, will you and others nearby challenge it, stay quiet, or join in? Same applies for all of us at any game.
I wondered that generally... not just games, but also on here. Do we always call out comments we think are racist? I'm not sure we do (I don't for sure). Does that therefore make me / us part of the problem?

the rumpo kid

The way Kasey gets back at a bigot is, for him and his teammates , to absolutely destroy them on the pitch on Friday. Backed by our fans make them look like the 3rd division club they are.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I wondered that generally... not just games, but also on here. Do we always call out comments we think are racist? I'm not sure we do (I don't for sure). Does that therefore make me / us part of the problem?
If it’s the case then I’d accept needing to learn

SWFC1867

Best you concentrate on the cup 1867 from what I've seen it will be long time until we play you again. Thank goodness 🙏 enjoy you tour around the league 1 grounds. Again.
Had a lot of time for SW not anymore.
I doubt we will miss your "time" mate but thanks for yer previous affiliation ...yea ..it really does look like league 1 again...I won't enjoy it, but I'll still be there,
25 k will still tip up at Hillsborough in league 1 again, maybe a testament to stupidity and delusion, but thats what we run on, we will sell out away in our delusion and simply follow the club our forefathers did...
Its beyond football for most Owls fans, its not about pretty 1/2s and playing out from the back...its simply doing what your grandad did

Good luck in the Champions league mate

mmttww

So Les Ferdinand was just fishing for 'likes' when he said about taking the knee being the same?

I'm not talking about taking the knee and neither were you in your first post. You wheeled out an overused phrase to put down people who want to find a way to show our player that we're behind him. If you've got an idea, or a thought of your own on the subject, let's hear it.

SWFC1867

All that needs adding really is that if there’s someone sat near you on Friday going in for round 2 on the racism, will you and others nearby challenge it, stay quiet, or join in? Same applies for all of us at any game and I’ve had to do it at one of our own fixtures this season.
mate..I sit next to a 6ft 5" afro Caribbean bloke..i'l'll leave it to him thx

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

If it’s the case then I’d accept needing to learn

It’s difficult sometimes to call out a comment by say a group of young lads high on whatever and without and fear of repercussions - putting yourself at risk is never a good idea, but in the main yeah, not turning a blind eye will help the attempts to change attitudes…

the one thing about all of this that, you could say, is the ‘good’ thing to come out of it all is that it has got people talking about it in hopefully a considered and constructive way

NorthernWisdom

I'm not talking about taking the knee and neither were you in your first post. You wheeled out an overused phrase to put down people who want to find a way to show our player that we're behind him. If you've got an idea, or a thought of your own on the subject, let's hear it.
I never understood, and still don't, why some had and have a viceral aversion to a gesture against racism? We had enough of that when we were taking the knee; frankly, it's a pathetic reaction from people at best. At worst...?

SWFC1867

I never understood, and still don't, why some had and have a viceral aversion to a gesture against racism? We had enough of that when we were taking the knee , frankly, it's a pathetic reaction from people at best. At worst...?
Me neither mateK.......all stand and clap to some sort of daft intro music that holds the game up, then boo summat that takes 2 seconds....

napolimp

You have a funny way of turning things on there head. You told him to go back to his own forum. Why should he? It's an online forum open to everyone who wants to contribute. Again, they joined marginally after you did, so its not like you have some divine right to be here over him.

HerneBayGaz

I doubt we will miss your "time" mate but thanks for yer previous affiliation ...yea ..it really does look like league 1 again...I won't enjoy it, but I'll still be there,
25 k will still tip up at Hillsborough in league 1 again, maybe a testament to stupidity and delusion, but thats what we run on, we will sell out away in our delusion and simply follow the club our forefathers did...
Its beyond football for most Owls fans, its not about pretty 1/2s and playing out from the back...its simply doing what your grandad did

Good luck in the Champions league mate
Refresh my memory, when did I mention we would even get promoted?
And what has my grandad got do with anything? You must be hitting the sauce a bit too early.
No-one cares you're get 25k at home games. Enjoy watching teams playing hoof football next season. you should be in your element.

Users who are viewing this thread