Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo

so your now saying Ched Evans suffers from an impulsive sex response to looking
at other women what are you talking about you have spoken so much nonsense on this thread

That's what I said is it? Moron.

dongonzalos

Shock horror as human error occurs on earth.

So they jury were wrong and the three judges afterwards are wrong as well.

Ched has had some serious bad luck on that one 9 people include three of the most senior judges in the country all coming to the same incorrect conclusion

FRY-CCFC

So they jury were wrong and the three judges afterwards are wrong as well.

Ched has had some serious bad luck on that one 9 people include three of the most senior judges in the country all coming to the same incorrect conclusion

Yes. Yes they were.

stupot07

I'd much rather try and get Clarke back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The Philosopher

If he clears his name, will clubs be fighting over him then?
Sufc paid over £3m for him. I'm surprised that sisu (who like Court Appeals and have zero scruples) haven't picked up on that and thought "hmmm.... A good player for nothing, if he wins that's £3m for nothing."

He was good in his last season, aged 22. 35 goals.

stupot07

Sufc paid over £3m for him. I'm surprised that sisu (who like Court Appeals and have zero scruples) haven't picked up on that and thought "hmmm.... A good player for nothing, if he wins that's £3m for nothing."

He was good in his last season, aged 22. 35 goals.

But he's a convicted rapist who's on the sex offenders register. I don't want him anywhere near our club thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

DaleM

His signing wouldn't exactly be a great example to set for any so called family clubs .

His career in professional football should be over . Rape is the vilest of crimes only slightly below murder.

Grendel

SISU won't care what we think. We have learned that.

Then they won't sign him. Most fans would chant his name and mock the victim as they did with that vile c**t king

The Philosopher

Just a question for any legally astute posters, if he is given leave / right to appeal on the basis of NEW EVIDENCE or similar, does his status revert back to "innocent until proven guilty?"

For the sake of clarity, it is abhorrent to even think of signing up a convicted rapist. In this case, there are sufficient question marks over the man's guilt to keep an eye on the situation. IF (and it's a big IF) he is found innocent, whoever took a risk will have a decent player for zilch.

Again, supporting a 100% guilty-of-rape sportsman (like Mike Tyson) is a massive no-no. Ched Evans case is being reviewed, he maintains his innocence.

Otis

Well this is all very simple.

He holds fire and clubs hold fire. No-one signs him. We get the fast tracked review. If his review fails then no-one should touch him with a barge pole.

Yes, he should have the right to play again if he's done his time, but in turn, clubs should use a moral sense of judgement and not employ the bloke.

As I said a couple of weeks back, would you really want your young son or daughter to have his name emblazoned on the back of their shirts?

gouldberg

I'll make my view on this very clear. If he signs for Coventry City Football Club, I will no longer have an active interest in the club until not just him, but also those responsible for signing him are no longer involved. I will not attend matches, will not buy any club related apparel and will not wear any of the apparel I already own. He's scum, and I refuse to support any organisation who chooses to support him.

I hate Oldham Athletic, Notts County and Port Vale for giving Lee Hughes a platform back into football that he didn't deserve. On a Coventry level I hate Aidy Boothroyd not just because of his lack of managerial prowess, but because he brought Marlon King to this club. If we were to make that sort of decision as a club again, to bring in an individual like that again, then honestly I don't think I'd be able to support the organisation again. Some things are more important than results on a football pitch.

Sick Boy

His signing wouldn't exactly be a great example to set for any so called family clubs .

His career in professional football should be over . Rape is the vilest of crimes only slightly below murder.

Agree 100%. Those like Fry who have defended him on this thread are wrong in the head.

stupot07

Just a question for any legally astute posters, if he is given leave / right to appeal on the basis of NEW EVIDENCE or similar, does his status revert back to "innocent until proven guilty?"

For the sake of clarity, it is abhorrent to even think of signing up a convicted rapist. In this case, there are sufficient question marks over the man's guilt to keep an eye on the situation. IF (and it's a big IF) he is found innocent, whoever took a risk will have a decent player for zilch.

Again, supporting a 100% guilty-of-rape sportsman (like Mike Tyson) is a massive no-no. Ched Evans case is being reviewed, he maintains his innocence.

No, he is guilt until proven innocent. It's up to his legal team to prove that the conviction was wrong. Until it is proved wrong then he is guilty, as found beyond reasonable doubt by the jury and 3 judges who denied his initial appeal.

The Philosopher

No, he is guilt until proven innocent. It's up to his legal team to prove that the conviction was wrong. Until it is proved wrong then he is guilty, as found beyond reasonable doubt by the jury and 3 judges who denied his initial appeal.

Thanks, wasn't sure of legalities, didn't know he was originally turned down right of appeal.

Always good to ask the difficult questions. After all, it's better to be a fool for a minute than an idiot for life.

Sick Boy

Luckily after the King saga I don't think that even sisu would be stupid to sign a convicted rapist.

Nick

Administrator
hi im a new member - i have been watching from a distance for a couple of years though. I had to register tonight simply because i feel I must have a say on the way things are at the club at the moment. I also saw this thread and thought I would have my say. Not that I think you may all agree with me. My thoughts on Evans are simple, he has paid the price - a sentence that as someone else stated (cant see who - sorry) was handed down by a jury and 3 top judges. He should NOT have to spend the rest of his life paying the price when he has already paid it. Now please do not take my opinion as an acceptance of the crime, I do not accept he was sentenced long enough too but now he is out he should be encouraged to get on with his life and reform.

You see that is what reform is, we may not all agree with the sentence but I am sure we all agree that reform and mercy is something we can give him. Now would you expect a butcher or a plumber not to be able to carry on their trade when released? no you would not, so why expect a footballer to do the same. it is a skill, like being a musician or a dancer or any other athletic or sport star or film star for that matter. Why is it so important to crucify the man when he is trying to rebuild his life?

If Coventry want to offer him a place in our club I would commend the club, not attack them. Humans make terrible decisions in life, some worse than others, what ever he did that night with the girl (who by the way states she was NOT raped, and the man will win an appeal, I am sure), the humans to be frightened of are the ones that dont get caught, the likes of savile and co, not ched evans - what on earth do you think he is going to do ?? jump over the advertising and grab the nearest female and rape her on the corner flag?? he is unlikely to be a risk really isnt he ?? give the kid a chance, I would have him at the club tomorrow - he will get us out of this mess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Hughes-pleads-second-chance-rebuild-life.html

this guy did well, and although coventry despises him he has done very well in life and for the club he plays at

where has the girl stated that? Pretty sure if she is saying it isn't Rape he wouldn't have gone to jail would he?

LJC_CCFC

@danroan: Sheffield Utd has decided to retract the opportunity for its former player, Ched Evans, to use the Club’s facilities for training

J

Jack Griffin

And there are still idiots out there who don't see anything wrong in employing him.

Glad Sheff Utd have been made to make the right decision, a lot of blame must go to the PFA, they should have refused to help him as things stand.

LJC_CCFC

And there are still idiots out there who don't see anything wrong in employing him.

Glad Sheff Utd have been made to make the right decision, a lot of blame must go to the PFA, they should have refused to help him as things stand.

But the 'problem' doesn't go away now though does it, he WILL get another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread