SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Of he can play AM with those dribbling skills any combination of him o hare and Palmer could cause opposition defences some problems opening up space for Sims

We got to get better at final passes and shooting though

Matt smith

Finally we are taking advantage of some far eastern players. So proper ballers in the J leagues. Its an absolute crazy leagues mind you

One day you can be playing at a huge stadium in Tokyo next you can play infront of like 4k max fans in the middle of rural Japan
He plays in Belgium

shmmeee

Of he can play AM with those dribbling skills any combination of him o hare and Palmer could cause opposition defences some problems opening up space for Sims

We got to get better at final passes and shooting though

Back to 4231?

Wilson
RB McNally Kirtching Dasilva
Hamer Sheaf
O’Hare Palmer Sakamoto
Simms
?

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s the Brighton and Brentford model . Sign low cost players with potential with a view to big future sales
It’s something Robins had been saying we’re trying to replicate since we got promoted back to the Championship.

We’ve had a clear out and starting again fresh. Losing Gyokeres is a blow, but if we’re actually getting a good chunk of that money to spend, it’ll be business very well done.

I may even start singing the Doug King chant I used to cringe at sooner rather than later…

Martin180

Surprised we haven’t seen a “can he play CB “ comment from one of the strange lot that get more and more upset when we sign players

Mucca Mad Boys

Back to 4231?

Wilson
RB McNally Kirtching Dasilva
Hamer Sheaf
O’Hare Palmer Sakamoto
Simms
?
Even if we sign 1-2 wingers, we’re not likely to change formation. 3-4-2-1 / 3-4-3 are more or less the same formation and my guess would be Sakamoto would be deployed on the right side cutting in.

That is, my first impression of the highlights of a player I’d never heard of until now so I could be wide of the mark.

covcity4life

It’s something Robins had been saying we’re trying to replicate since we got promoted back to the Championship.

We’ve had a clear out and starting again fresh. Losing Gyokeres is a blow, but if we’re actually getting a good chunk of that money to spend, it’ll be business very well done.

I may even start singing the Doug King chant I used to cringe at sooner rather than later…
It's the model we need to follow. Have to sell big players really. But if we get good prices and replace well it sets up well Vs more poorly run clubs

Mucca Mad Boys

It's the model we need to follow. Have to sell big players really. But if we get good prices and replace well it sets up well Vs more poorly run clubs

I’d accepted we’d seen Gyokeres for the last time after Dabo missed the penalty. Hamer too, but I have hope we’re willing to spend the money to get him to extend his contract.

Which, I’d have 100% taken because Hamer was our MVP in the playoffs and in the last month of the season. Plus, I don’t think we’d get good value for him in this window.

covcity4life

I’d accepted we’d seen Gyokeres for the last time after Dabo missed the penalty. Hamer too, but I have hope we’re willing to spend the money to get him to extend his contract.

Which, I’d have 100% taken because Hamer was our MVP in the playoffs and in the last month of the season. Plus, I don’t think we’d get good value for him in this window.
Definitely want to keep hamer. Replacing gyok will be hard and hopefully Simms will do it but replacing two big players in one window is asking a lot of any recruitment team.

No links to a transfer tho makes me hopeful he is staying

San Francisco

Looks decent, hope he fits under Robins system. Doug getting all the forward players out the way with first it seems.

alexccfc99

Can just picture McFadzean and Bidwell advertising shampoo on billboards round Tokyo after our new signing comes in and hits the ground running and CCFC becomes the latest craze in Japan

djr8369

No transfer to KAA Gent or KRC Genk for Tatsuhiro Sakamoto , but to England. The flank attacker leaves KV Oostende and goes to work at Coventry

Het Nieuwsblad comes out with that news . The Japanese flank attacker has been linked to Ghent and Genk in recent weeks, who had to pay about two million euros to bring Sakamoto into their home. However, both teams did not want to go that far, so that Coventry City could bring the Japanese in.

The 26-year-old Sakamoto played 32 times for the Coastal Team last season. The flank attacker was good for seven assists. KVO sees another important pawn leave. Earlier, Guillaume Hubert, Nick Bätzner, Cameron McGeehan, Brecht Capon and Osaze Urhoghide also left the team.
Flank attacker? Is he for the netball team?

Tomh111

Asahi on tap at the CBS next season

Shirt sales in Tokyo sky rocket, Japanese flock to Coventry to watch their hero (Like Koreans do at Spurs with Son) and we’re pre season touring there next summer - Another Doug King masterclass
I actually managed to convert 5 of my coworkers in Tokyo across to following us.

I was working out there this year and football was our common ground. I walk into work most Mondays to an MS teams chat discussing the coventry result.

The Japanese team they all followed is a horror show though, but I did wear my Omiya Ardija scarf to Wembley for a picture.

I ended up sending them all Coventry scarves and mugs for the office, doing my bit for the clubs overseas revenue streams.

Users who are viewing this thread