SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (4 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Oct 12, 2015
I said a few negative things about Sakamoto earlier in the season but he’s completely proved me wrong in recent weeks and again tonight. Pleased for him - he works so hard on the pitch
This is the other thing..he works so hard for the team.

Let's face it we have always had players who are hard working and run their socks off. Which is why we can't carry players like Ayari and to lesser extent Haji.

Calista

Sep 30, 2013
It’s players like Tats that make you love football.

He can beat a man either way, works hard, defends, low ego, team player..
All true, but on top of that is his technical ability (touch, vision, weight of passing). We don't seem to have paid much for him, and you've got to hand it to the scouting team, although did I read that he was almost an 'accidental' find when we were looking at someone else?

Reactions: wingy

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Who were the cheaper strikers that we tried to sign,and do we still want one (them)?

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
Who were the cheaper strikers that we tried to sign,and do we still want one (them)?
We need at least one other striker. We had four midfielders on the bench last night and no forwards. A couple of injuries up front and we are really struggling.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
I've criticised his final ball but he's improving that, it's still not as good as his approach play but decent.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017
Even so, we could do with another back-up striker with some experience.
Yep. I think we need another striker. If the youngsters aren’t considered good enough yet.
in the very little I’ve seen of him I thought Obikwu looked a better prospect than Tavares but hasn’t had a minute on the pitch.
Who was the lad who literally had a minute vs Middlesbrough? He’s not been seen again either.

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Yep. I think we need another striker. If the youngsters aren’t considered good enough yet.
in the very little I’ve seen of him I thought Obikwu looked a better prospect than Tavares but hasn’t had a minute on the pitch.
Who was the lad who literally had a minute vs Middlesbrough? He’s not been seen again either.
tbf he's probably prepping for his GCSEs atm!

• Haha
Reactions: Terry_dactyl

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
Kai Andrews, I think…pretty sure he did pre-season with the first team squad. Tavares is the same age as Simms, so not sure he can be described as a youngster!

Reactions: Terry_dactyl

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017
Kai Andrews, I think…pretty sure he did pre-season with the first team squad. Tavares is the same age as Simms, so not sure he can be described as a youngster!
That’s the lad!
Tavares is 22 is he? Probably ain’t going to make it with us is he.

Boicey

Aug 12, 2023
Saka was immense last night. As well as his tricky wing play and providing a wide attacking option ; he tackled back everywhere including the left side of the pitch on one ocassional!
He also produced some great longer range passing.
His combination with MVE is working brilliantly.

Reactions: CCFCSteve

Chris1987

May 24, 2023
What a gem Saka is , a proper breath of fresh air. His fitness levels have improved immeasurably since the start of the season and now we are seeing his potential. He has terrorised the full backs he's up against since being switched to the wing but his tracking back had been equally impressive. So exciting to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread