SIGNED!!!! - Tatsuhiro Sakamoto (3 Viewers)

Gynnsthetonic

My mate from Portugal said he saw some Coventry players around today and when he described them to me he said 2 that I didnt recognise, he said one was Japanese (pretty much Tatushiro) and he described the other as about average height 5ft9, short hair, goatee, lean build muscular ish build
I've know we have a Greek trialist and he is being looked after by a family in Coventry, not sure this is the guy

Grendel

Maybe, just maybe, he's here on trial, with a view to a permanent move?

Not saying I've heard anything but it might explain why nothing has been announced yet.

He’s surely already contract to another club

fatso

He could be, but that doesn't stop us from having a butchers at him before concluding a transfer. Especially if a fee in excess of £1m has been touted for a guy no one had ever heard of before yesterday.
He’s surely already contract to another club

fatso

How many contracted players in Europe's top flight leagues go on trial before a move?
No idea, but I wouldn't say he's been playing in a top quality league, Infact didn't he just get relegated?

As I said, I'm just putting forward a possible reason why nothing has been announced yet. Nothing more than that.

mark82

He could be, but that doesn't stop us from having a butchers at him before concluding a transfer. Especially if a fee in excess of £1m has been touted for a guy no one had ever heard of before yesterday.
The scouting team will have worked on him and know exactly who he is. Had many heard of Hamer before his transfer? He'll have signed. Expect an announcement in the next couple of days.

fatso

The scouting team will have worked on him and know exactly who he is. Had many heard of Hamer before his transfer? He'll have signed. Expect an announcement in the next couple of days.
I hope your right. Let's hope he's better than Roger Van Gool, another foreign winger we all got excited about back in the day.
Or players like Dacosta or Dinanga or any of the others our scouting team identified.
It doesn't hurt to have a look in pre season.

CovLad94

Cov media very quiet, is there more than 1 new player (sakamoto) there that they don't want to reveal? Seems odd they haven't done the usual checking in posts etc

fatso

The last foreign winger I got excited about was Kastaneer, that had an even worse outcome.
I still laugh at that sliding tackle!!!

But as @mark82 said, "the scouting team would of worked on him and new exactly who he is"

Maybe MR said. " Ffs let's get them in and have a look first next time!"

procdoc

I think Robins etc had heard of him before yesterday mate

procdoc

I hope your right. Let's hope he's better than Roger Van Gool, another foreign winger we all got excited about back in the day.
Or players like Dacosta or Dinanga or any of the others our scouting team identified.
It doesn't hurt to have a look in pre season.
Dinanga is Irish 😂

Skybluedownunder

My mate from Portugal said he saw some Coventry players around today and when he described them to me he said 2 that I didnt recognise, he said one was Japanese (pretty much Tatushiro) and he described the other as about average height 5ft9, short hair, goatee, lean build muscular ish build

Maybe Eccles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark82

I still laugh at that sliding tackle!!!

But as @mark82 said, "the scouting team would of worked on him and new exactly who he is"

Maybe MR said. " Ffs let's get them in and have a look first next time!"
I'm just saying he won't be on trial. Whether he's good or not, adapts or not are completely different questions.

Jcap

Why would he now leave ? He can see players, good players being signed, he likes it here, so unless there is serious interest from the PL or top end European clubs sure he will sign up and stay.

It is dragging on a bit I know but he has travelled to Portugal despite an on going ankle issue so for me the signs look good.
I sincerely hope he doesn’t leave. Just something about his highlight reel - his control
In tight situations and that he looked like he could pick a pass. Just reminded me of Hamer. Like I say hope not and would love to see them both playing together - what a mouth watering prospect that would be.

Skyblue_CP

Why do we seem to have big hold ups with announcements, other teams seem to just fire them. We’ve literally got a player that’s been quoted as costing 2m€ in Portugal with us for pre season and still not announced officially, meanwhile Boro announcing players by the day, saying they’re joining the team abroad soon.

Users who are viewing this thread