Signing announcement shortly (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
Bigi will be okay imo, can play full back and is competitive and we need someone else in midfield to go with him, Fleck and Vincelot were the main men last season both gone and not replaced I know we have the Bulgarian but as yet he has far from replaced Fleck

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
No mention of the arrangement on their site either, weird how it's only one year too.

I think the fact he bought a house down here and got married gave it away he wouldn't stay at Newcastle.

I think he will be made for life now anyway

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
D

Deleted member 4439

Decent signing especially with all our current injuries , I know he's not everyone's favourite player but he was decent for us in the past .Lets see what happens

I'm honestly not fishing or trying to be argumentative, but whenever was he decent for us in the past? Apart from a few last 10 minute cameos when he first joined, during which he turned a few players (before losing the ball), when was he ever decent? I can still see that time a few years ago, when city were on sky, when he put in possibly the most woeful performance I've seen - completely lost the plot. Newcastle signing him for a mil was the most incredible bit of business city have ever done. Look, Bigi comes across as a really nice guy, and I wish him every success; but even on loan he didn't really contribute that much. Useful squad member I suppose, to cover injuries, and possibly he'll start to show his worth. But on past form, this is very uninspiring news.

AFCCOVENTRY

Aug 1, 2011
Gael Bigirimana's Sad Decline at Newcastle Is Coventry's Gain Now
ByRussell Hughes
14 JUN 2016

Gael Bigirimana was once hailed as a Newcastle United wonder-kid, having arrived from Coventry City with a big reputation, and with the youngster initially justifying the hype.

After playing 26 times for Coventry City in the Championship across the 2012/2012 season, the Magpies won the race his signature. At the end of that campaign, Bigirimana was given the Championship Apprentice Award. Things looked bright.

They looked even better when the midfielder appeared to seamlessly adjust to life in the English top flight, with manager Alan Pardew happy to entrust the 22-year-old with enough football to aid his development.

After playing 24 times during the 2012/2013 season, with 10 games in the Europa League and 14 in the Premier League, it was beginning to seem like United had a real find on their hands. The one goal that Bigirimana did score was a cracker, too.

But then something strange happened, and despite only being injured once during his Tyneside career, the midfielder slipped off the radar completely. There were rumours of a 'mystery illness' that the club never clarified, but one thing was for sure - his fall from grace was swift and permanent.

Lewis Dunk
22/1

Ciaran Clark
25/1

Paul Dummett
25/

After making just one appearance for Newcastle during the 2013/2014 campaign against Morecambe in the Capital One Cup, Toon bosses shipped Bigirimana out on loan as part of the ill-fated 'Rangers' Five'.

That move turned out to be as ill conceived as the rest of the Mike Ashley reign, and the only player who made any sort of impact turned out to be Haris Vuckic, who struggled with Wigan Athletic this campaign - and it came out that the Burundi international was seriously ill before he was moved on to the Scottish club.

process

Since then, the problem that has plagued the midfielder seems to have eased, and this campaign he was sent back to Coventry City for some much needed first team football.

However, he was unable to take to the field as often as he would have liked due to rules restricting the amount of loanees a club can field at once.

Now he has the chance to return to the Ricoh Arena on a permanent deal, as reported by the Chronicle, and nobody would begrudge him that. At 22, Bigirimana is still young enough to forge a good career for himself.

He arrived with promise, and departed as an enigma. What went wrong, and why did it go badly so quickly? Only one thing is for sure, he deserves the chance to turn it all around again.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

May 8, 2015
Oh well here's hoping the conversation with Newcastle went something like this "Hey Tony its Rafa still want Arma!? Well if you do you've got to take this Bigi fella off our hands first, 1 year deal free he's yours"

Please please please be the case (I know it won't be!)

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Mogga "Hi Rafa, how's it going up in Newcastle? You must be enjoying the local tapas on offer. Quick question but I hear Arma is being loaned out and we would like him back at Coventry. Gives me another body over the line down at Ryton. We can't afford to pay and wages or a fee, so is it a deal Rafs?"

Rafa "Hi Tony, I'm good thanks. Few issues being a champions league winning manager in the Championship but it's fine. Tapas isn't as good as in Madrid. Sorry that's an awful offer for Arma. We will probably send him to Sheffield Untited to annoy Coventry fans. I do have a fella who we are trying to offload and we will pay you to have him. His name is Bigi."

Mogga "that's good for the budget Venus has set me. Done deal. Thanks very much. I'm not worried about scoring goals or defending. I need somewhere local where I can get a good deal on my barnet. Looking to get some dreads put in..."
More like ....

Mowbray: Do you have any players we can have Rafa?

Rafa: You can have Bigi.

Mowbray: What about a striker? Or a midfielder?

Rafa: Bigi's available.

Mowbray: What about a nice utility player, midfield and defence? You spare us one of those?

Rafa: You can have Bigi.

Mowbray: I'll tell you what, Rafa, we'll take Bigi thank you very much. My first choice anyway.

JimmyHillsbeard

Feb 21, 2013
Only thing I am curious about us that bigi didn't even make the match day squad last season on occasions, so can't see TM as having signed him as a 1st team regular

He didn't make the squad because we had too many loans

Sterling Archer

Aug 15, 2011
Ahhhh Bigi. One of the worst performances I have ever seen when he made his return last year. HOWEVER ...
- He quite clearly improved as he got game time further on in his time here last season. Anyone who disagrees with that has an odd vendetta;
- In his first stint here, he looked a very good prospect. There must have been a reason Newcastle decided to part with £1m back then;
- He's 22 years old. Twenty .... two. Can we not write him off or chastise the guy the same way we would a 30+ year old on his final pay day?
- We've only got about 8 players at the moment, so anyone is a welcome addition at the moment. You've all been whinging about our midfield, so now lets create some competition for places. Or were you expecting Pogba?
- Judging by comments on social media and dat dere interwebz, the Newccy brown ale fans are all seemingly of the opinion Pardew ruined him and he was never given a proper chance.

I know we're a cynical, miserable, self-hating bunch here who pretty much loathe and dislike anyone who plays for Coventry (weirdly with some posters, especially those players from the City itself create a hell loada seethe) but how about we back him, give him time and get behind the lad? Alternatively we could label him a "nob" for misplacing a place.

Good luck Bigi, hope you start realising that potential that is quite clearly there and requires nurturing and game time.*

* I doubt he reads the forum but ho-hum.

FRY-CCFC

Aug 4, 2012
The local newcastle journo Lee Ryder has said we were basically given bigi so assume it's a free

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Could be a decent signing and the risk only a one year contract, should see him for sixty minutes around xmas time if Mowbray does his usual

Happy with this it could have been worse they could have said fleck was returning ;)

Chipfat

Mar 24, 2011
Florida, usa
He will not be offered another deal at Newcastle so if he wants to top up his bank account he better start showing why so many people in the game thought he was worth taking a gamble on.

For TM it's a low risk high reward deal.

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
He will not be offered another deal at Newcastle so if he wants to top up his bank account he better start showing why so many people in the game thought he was worth taking a gamble on.

For TM it's a low risk high reward deal.
Depends what wages we're paying him. You could say "low risk high reward" with any player you sign for free on a 12 month contract.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Sep 11, 2011
Me too Otis, I bet it's pretty hard to find two ladyboys in Norwich but I'll give it a go
I'm not so sure. There was a definite candidate there on tuesday. Trying to goad the city fans with his shit tan and cardigan draped over his shoulders. Total cocksucker if ever there was one.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Bigi's back, once again, Bigi's back, Bigi's back, Bigi's back

Users who are viewing this thread