Simon Jordan looked at CCFC Ownership (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Doubt he's going to be taking anyone over, let alone our basket case of a club
By the age of 36, technology maestro Simon Jordan had made nearly £40 million. Then in six years he lost it all supporting Crystal Palace. Literally supporting them, that is, as he sacrificed his entire fortune to keep everyone, from agents to Ade Akinbadbuy, in the luxury lifestyle they expect.

Be Careful What You Wish For (Yellow Jacket) is the story of how a sharp businessman was taken to the cleaners after he saved the club he loved.

Nick

Administrator
Of course it was observational! It's a non story, you could tell that when he was first talking about that Simon was trying to lead him to say something about SISU to get stories out of it.

Kingokings204

Great article. Reading it made a lot of sense to me and it seems we have owners who want to go and are looking for a way out but can't find anyone who is willing to pay their price.

That's how I understand it.

skybluebeduff

Great article. Reading it made a lot of sense to me and it seems we have owners who want to go and are looking for a way out but can't find anyone who is willing to pay their price.

That's how I understand it.
I think half on here haven't read it and are going by his tweet alone.

Skyblueweeman

I suggested Mandaric a while back, he has a pretty decent record to be fair

It would be like going back to the Richardson era. Although Pompeys troubles were exasperated a couple of years after he sold to Gaydemak, Mandaric was signing off player contracts the ultimately, the club couldn't afford.

Captain Dart

I like this, we have ourselves a stalking horse to turn the heat up on Fisher & Seppala.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
take away that it is a story in the CT, Has Simon Jordan in this first article said much that we wouldn't agree with? Made a number of sensible observations I think

some of the questions are a bit misleading though. TF said the club would make £1m before interest charges and tax, that is not the same as making £1m this year or even a profit. We all know they have not put £70m in why persist with the fiction. Challenge Fisher to prove it because the accounts don't show it

hutch1972

Of course it was observational! It's a non story, you could tell that when he was first talking about that Simon was trying to lead him to say something about SISU to get stories out of it.
But he did give the impression that investing with others may appeal to him.

Nick

Administrator
take away that it is a story in the CT, Has Simon Jordan in this first article said much that we wouldn't agree with? Made a number of sensible observations I think

some of the questions are a bit misleading though. TF said the club would make £1m before interest charges and tax, that is not the same as making £1m this year or even a profit. We all know they have not put £70m in why persist with the fiction. Challenge Fisher to prove it because the accounts don't show it

Thing is, it's basically saying it's a good club and can be turned around.

Agree with him about the youth system which seems to be doing fine.

The £1m profit stuff is him not realising it so has been told somewhere it will be a £1m profit. You can see from the public tweets the attempts at steering him with leading questions.

What would be interesting is to ask him what he would do about the stadium, the revenues, the academy. Just to see if he had any sort of solution in mind or ideas. Obviously not run it as a "Simon Jordan wants to do this" but more of a "this is what an ex football club owner would do".

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
would he work with the Trust if they could provide significant funds from a community share issue or does he know high net worth individuals who would ?

And having run stories with him and also ones on the trust is Simon Gilbert going to make an introduction to see if there is any common ground or even just advice. Given the CT campaign I would think that was the obvious thing to do

The Reverend Skyblue

Didn't he not lose everything when he financislly supported CP through their hard times. His book supposedly tells how he lost the lot.
I know he says he worth 135 million but his recent book says he's skint, though he does have enough to live in Marbs.
Another chancer after some headlines I think though id take Pol Pot as our new owner if he was still alive that is (joke)

Anyway I'm off to Screwfix my sheds roof has blown off

olderskyblue

Didn't he not lose everything when he financislly supported CP through their hard times. His book supposedly tells how he lost the lot.
I know he says he worth 135 million but his recent book says he's skint, though he does have enough to live in Marbs.
Another chancer after some headlines I think though id take Pol Pot as our new owner if he was still alive that is (joke)

Anyway I'm off to Screwfix my sheds roof has blown off

Blimey, that's some wind if it's blown your roof to screwfix...

dongonzalos

Strange there was no mention of the past owners being to blame and the shit stadium deal and the way it was trying to lead him towards making comments ;)

It's almost as if a story like this could have been predicted.

Wasn't he talking about when he was looking at the club.
What do past owners have to do with that?
He was talking a few years ago.
He looked at and felt that the only way to sort it is to invest in the team and get a good relationship going with the fans.
He felt that this isn't SISU's way so it wouldn't be a good idea to invest.

fernandopartridge

Be delighted to have Simon Jordan on board with his brilliant track record. Perhaps his ineptitude will usher in fan ownership like it did at Palace in the end.

Skybluefaz

About MR SIMON JORDAN

Mr Simon Jordan holds 4 appointments at 4 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 19 appointments at 19 dissolved companies. SIMON began their first appointment at the age of 26. Their longest current appointment spans 14 years, 3 months and 10 days at ASPIRATION PROPERTIES LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SIMON holds a current appointment equals £141.2k, a combined total current assets value of £2m with a total current liabilities of £930.6k and a total current net worth of £-29.8k. Roles associated with Mr Simon Jordan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary

His current net worth is less than mine :greedy:

The Reverend Skyblue

About MR SIMON JORDAN

Mr Simon Jordan holds 4 appointments at 4 active companies, has resigned from 6 companies and held 19 appointments at 19 dissolved companies. SIMON began their first appointment at the age of 26. Their longest current appointment spans 14 years, 3 months and 10 days at ASPIRATION PROPERTIES LIMITED

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where SIMON holds a current appointment equals £141.2k, a combined total current assets value of £2m with a total current liabilities of £930.6k and a total current net worth of £-29.8k. Roles associated with Mr Simon Jordan within the recorded businesses include: Director, Company Secretary

His current net worth is less than mine :greedy:
So as I thought a chancer trying to grab some headlines, and as his book says he is skint so I hope the book does well enough for him to keep living in Spain.
Next chancer please introduce yourself to skybluestalk

Grendel

He looked at and felt that the only way to sort it is to invest in the team and get a good relationship going with the fans.

You do realise he fucked up at Palace and is just a chancer don't you? Christ no wonder you were taken in by Haskell.

Nick

Administrator
He mentioned past owners didn't he? Also the shit stadium deal.

Users who are viewing this thread