Sisu make official complaint over Coventry councillors' conduct (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Great comparison. A sale of a public asset compared to a war with thousands of deaths. Jesus wept.

The comparison is perfectly legitimate. You crusade for truth and transparency in all aspects of politics or you don't. Take your pick.

skybluetony176

The sale shouldn't have been conducted behind closed doors in a "let's meet in the toilet, fourth cubicle along at Leicester Forest East Services" kind of way. The sale should have been open to other bidders in an open and honest way. Christ, usually Councils have to put everything out to tender.

The sale was open to other bidders. AL even said so on TV.

Sick Boy

Do you seriously not see the duplicity here? SISU's actions led directly to the councils actions. So when you say the councils actions will be felt for a long time after SISU leave you're wrong. The correct statement is SISU's and the councils actions will be felt for a long time after SISU leave.

I'll also remind you that there were plenty of posters on here, myself included saying when we left the Ricoh something like what has happened could happen while being ridiculed by posters like you who were salivating waiting for the JR and the fabled smoking gun while declaring that SISU were the only show in town.

One day you may well wake up and start listening to the posters you enjoy ridiculing while believing you are of superior intelligence but I doubt it.

I am not sure I ever declared that SISU were the only show in town? You could also argue that the council's refusal to lower the rent when requested by Paul Fletcher and others led directly to SISU's rent strike. I forget that for many though there is now no pre-SISU, and a myth has been created that we were well run before them and successful.

Are you having some sort of crisis? When have I alluded to the belief I am of superior intelligence? Granted, I will admit to winding up and ridiculing posters on a regular basis ;) but i'm not sure I have ever claimed to be intelligent or more intelligent than anyone else?

Still, nothing like a bit of diversion.

skybluetony176

I am not sure I ever declared that SISU were the only show in town? You could also argue that the council's refusal to lower the rent when requested by Paul Fletcher and others led directly to SISU's rent strike. I forget that for many though there is now no pre-SISU, and a myth has been created that we were well run before them and successful.

Are you having some sort of crisis? When have I alluded to the belief I am of superior intelligence? Granted, I will admit to winding up and ridiculing posters on a regular basis ;) but i'm not sure I have ever claimed to be intelligent or more intelligent than anyone else?

Maybe you did maybe you didn't but plenty were. The rent was ridiculous I'm never going to argue with that but the game changer was leaving the Ricoh, with or without the "we have moved on and are building a new" bullshit. It lost the club ALL control of the future of the Ricoh and returning on a game by game basis didn't change that either. Whether you like it or not or can accept it or not when SISU took the club away from the Ricoh it instantly put it on the open market and also made it more attractive as whoever took it on now had the opportunity to install themselves as the anchor tenant. I could see this possibility on day one when they started emptying the club shop. SISU for whatever ever reason didn't see this coming and by the time they did it was too late.

Grendel

Well, whether you think it's funny or not she said it and then the council received the grand total of one bid and not from SISU either. It's like complaining you haven't won the lottery when you've never bought a ticket.

Why did they sell a company that only ever relied on Ccfc as 10% of its turnover and one that had a sound business plan that was never making a loss?

skybluetony176

Why did they sell a company that only ever relied on Ccfc as 10% of its turnover and one that had a sound business plan that was never making a loss?

Err. Because it was bullshit. Surely even you have worked that out?

The real question is why didn't SISU strike when the Iron was hot? If they were serious about paying anything regardless of how small that amount may or may not have been they should have started by the beginning of 2014 for a return for the 2014/15 season. Why didn't they? I know you think that SISU lost the JR on purpose (ha ha ha ha, still laughing at that one. Cheers) but I don't buy that for a moment. Personally, given the monumental way they lost I don't believe even they thought they would win. Either that or they've been greatly mislead by their legal advisors. Which can only lead you to one conclusion. They never thought it would get to court, they thought CCC would come running cap in hand begging for mercy. Didn't really work out for them did it? Oh well, if at first you don't succeed and all that. Everyone loves a chancer, err sorry a trier.

letsallsingtogether

Oh you mean that rent that Joy never knew we were paying for over a season.
So they brought a football club without knowing all the facts.
I wonder why they would do that??

Grendel

Err. Because it was bullshit. Surely even you have worked that out?

Well you haven't. Anne said it - or does she only tell the truth on the TV?

Grendel

Don't be rude Tony, he is busy with his crusade for truth and transparency.

The only day I have ever had to "keep up" on an intellectual level with Tony would have been the day of my birth.

Anne says the stadium is open to offers from anyone - Anne is telling Tony Truth

Anne says the Ricoh isn't losing money - Anne is telling Tony Bullshit

Utter nonsense.

skybluetony176

The only day I have ever had to "keep up" on an intellectual level with Tony would have been the day of my birth.

Anne says the stadium is open to offers from anyone - Anne is telling Tony Truth

Utter nonsense.

So when Tony Blair pledged to bring in a minimum wage and did he was telling the truth.

When Tony Blair said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was he still telling the truth?

If you want transparency in politics you have to be prepared to accept that the same politician not only bullshits but also tells the truth at times.

Was AL bullshitting when she said that the council would listen to any genuine offer you have to say no. They received one offer, listened to it and then completed a deal. If only another party had have come in with a separate offer we might have been able to say otherwise. But that never happened. You seem to be having trouble admitting that, hence the bullshit merry go round your trying to get people on board.

Last edited:

Rusty Trombone

Utter nonsense.

Well it's certainly clear she invited offers, sadly there's no evidence of SISU submitting an offer.

She was slightly wrong on her figures wasn't she, maybe she meant to say if it wasn't for the £400k of legal fees that ACL have had to pay out, they were washing their face.

Grendel

So when Tony Blair pledged to bring in a minimum wage and did he was telling the truth.

When Tony Blair said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction was he still telling the truth?

If you want transparency in politics you have to be prepared to accept that the same politician not only bullshits but also tells the truth at times.

Was AL bullshitting when she said that the council would listen to any genuine offer you have to say no. They received one offer, listened to it and then completed a deal. If only another party had have come in with a separate offer we might have been able to say otherwise. But that never happened. You seem to be having trouble admitting that, hence the bullshit merry go round your trying to get people on board.

Which other party? Anne had already said hell would freeze over before ccfc would buy a share into the club.

Or was that another bit of Tony Bullshit as opposed to Tony Truth?

James Smith

If the two faced council are found to have done something wrong then yes they should be dealt with accordingly. No one is above the law as a few members of Parliament found out a few years ago.

In the same vein of people making iffy statements......Where are the new stadium plans/location etc. Tim? You've had nearly Two Years since the fans forum!

Chipfat

Which other party? Anne had already said hell would freeze over before ccfc would buy a share into the club.

HE said she said again,, we have to get off this merry go round,, Sisu lost,, which means we lost.. FACT, sad but very simple to digest. Sisu brought this whole episode onto themselves and most know it, just don't like the CCC so fault must sit with them is not a good enough reason or the other way round...

TF, SW, Paul Clouting, Ken in mean come on these are people you would deal with,, simple answer is you cant... I mean Oyne sat in the ground for 6 moths before anyone knew he was the chairmen, since then SW and TF strolled in and what a pair they have turned out to be..The root cause is for all to see, reaction by the CCC is because of actions taken by the owners, not the other way round,, now does this mean CCC are great and never should be looked into ,, no.. But you can only kick an old dog so many times before he bites you on the arse,, and once he does that you have no other option or bridge to build...

Last edited:

skybluetony176

So that was council policy was it? The council chamber voted on hell freezing over did it?

Why didn't SISU challenge them by putting in an offer? I would have backed SISU if they did and I'm sure you would have too. We never had that luxury though did we?

Grendel

So that was council policy was it? The council chamber voted on hell freezing over did it?

Why didn't SISU challenge them by putting in an offer? I would have backed SISU if they did and I'm sure you would have too. We never had that luxury though did we?

I don't know what they voted on Tony as the council - which is elected to serve the public - hide behind a veil of secrecy.

italiahorse

I don't know what they voted on Tony as the council - which is elected to serve the public - hide behind a veil of secrecy.

They would have been presented with a decision on whether to accept the Wasps bid, or reject it and then wait for CCFC to move out into their new stadium.
So the prediction for the future would see an empty stadium with no client.
No brainer really.

Sick Boy

Sisu would have jumped at the chance to purchase the Ricoh if they had been offered the same deal as Wasps. We would have then, however, been faced with cries of a children's charity being ripped off.

italiahorse

Sisu would have jumped at the chance to purchase the Ricoh if they had been offered the same deal as Wasps. We would have then, however, been faced with cries of a children's charity being ripped off.

They had already said the Higgs share was worth nothing but as they were a charity they would give them £2M

Grendel

They had already said the Higgs share was worth nothing but as they were a charity they would give them £2M

On its own on a 43 year lease with zero controlling interest what was it worth?

Rusty Trombone

They didn't put an offer in, and they said they wouldn't have done the deal that Wasps did, so it does seem rather a stretch to get to your guess.

chiefdave

They didn't put an offer in, and they said they wouldn't have done the deal that Wasps did, so it does seem rather a stretch to get to your guess.

They also put in a bid for the Higgs half which would seem to suggest they would have purchased if offered the same deal as Wasps.

egastap

Admittedly we didn't know that the (hypocritical) council were going to offer a longer leasehold for any buyer of ACL, but it still means that we're homeless.

You know the Council 'offered' a longer lease to Wasps.....for fact? Might it have been during the 'negotiation' process, that WASPS 'requested' a longer lease to make it economically justifiable? Just asking, 'cos I don't know either......I wasn't there at the negotiations......but it sounds as if you were! So please tell, was it 'offered' or was it 'requested' or was it 'negotiated'?
Remember, at this point CCFC/SISU/OTIUM had already stated many times that they were NOT interested in the Ricoh, as they had their sights set elsewhere. That only left ONE player in town......the WASPS.

Rusty Trombone

They also put in a bid for the Higgs half which would seem to suggest they would have purchased if offered the same deal as Wasps.

The offer that neither party wanted to continue with. I'm not convinced by that argument, especially as they didn't put an offer in later, and they have said they wouldn't have done the deal.

edit: sorry I see you mean the later offer when wasps came in. The deal was already done, they should have made a huge offer to highlight the ridiculousness of that process. They also don't appear to have made the offer from the Company that may have had the right to make the offer, so maybe it was a non offer anyway.

Last edited:

italiahorse

They did put a bid in with conditions. Higgs took the bid of the same amount with no conditions, a stand named after them which will accumulate 50p a seat.
No brainer really.

Ian1779

They did put a bid in with conditions. Higgs took the bid of the same amount with no conditions, a stand named after them which will accumulate 50p a seat.
No brainer really.

Wasps had a fucking great big condition in their bid.... called a veto if they didn't choose their bid.

Nick

Administrator

Reminds me of the lad in the nightclub trying it on with a girl and then when turned down saying "Ugly anyway".

Users who are viewing this thread