SIX NATIONS. (1 Viewer)

wingy

So who's your pick this year?
Think like last year I'll go for Scotland who went close and continued their form into the Autumn .
Currently 8/1 really must back my instinct this time and get the money on .

ccfchoi87

Irish provinces are very strong at the minute but they have to come to twickenham. I predict Ireland but no grand slam.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The injuries have levelled this year up.
I think Ireland v scotland week 4 is the main fixture as if Ireland are 3/3 by then and win that I’d fancy them.

Scotland v England this year is set to be a classic.

I’m going
Ireland
England
Scotland
France
Wales
Italy

But it’s set to be such an open tournament.

scottccfc

I still cant see past england winning this, no grand slam again though.
Englands strength in depth is frightening

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Off to Dublin next weekend to watch Ireland v Italy, can't wait

That’ll be a cracking weekend.

Was hoping for tickets to England v Ireland but going to England v Wales a week on Saturday, looking forward to it as it’s been a couple of years since a day out At Twickenham

Last edited:

SBAndy

That’ll be a cracking weekend.

Was hoping for tickets to England v Ireland but going to England v Wales a week on Saturday, looking forward to it as it’s been a couple of years since a day out At Twickenham

How did you manage to get hold of them?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

How did you manage to get hold of them?

Know somebody who got some through a club and others dropped out. Said I’d have them and pay for them there and then.
£90 face value mind I hope I’m on the bench at least for that price.

Seems to be near impossible to get tickets for 6N games without having a link to a club.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Looking forward to the Super league starting tonight,Going for Cas to win it this year league again and Grand final and maybe Challenge cup to with the experience they got last year!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Double header at the Ricoh Friday 16th March, England women v Ireland women at 5:30pm followed by England U20’s v Ireland U20’s at 8:00pm £10 adult ticket £5 kids and concessions.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gotta go for Ireland (as I do every year!) I get really emotional when the lads stand in line and sing the anthem!
704517_442296619173106_2127000904_o.jpg

Anyone got any tips for getting to Twickenham? Going to England Vs Wales, but having never been before I don't know where to start.

Bumberclart

Anyone got any tips for getting to Twickenham? Going to England Vs Wales, but having never been before I don't know where to start.
Train is the easiest way to get there. We usually stay in Kingston as its only a couple of stops away. Parking will cost you £15-£30 depending on how far away you park.
The best advice is to make a full day of it. Get to the ground early and enjoy the fun and games (mostly beer related) in the car park. Then hang around the same area after the game. They usually have bands on and the beer just keeps flowing.
Its a totally different experience to watching football. Far more friendly and you're able to have banter with opposition fans without any danger of it kicking off.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’m getting a train into Euston about 11 and heading across that way may stop somewhere further out for a few beers, lunch and 2nd half the Spurs v arsenal game.

Then head up to Twickenham for 3 so an hour and a half to enjoy the festivities outside the ground.
(Plans TBC)

Then have the mad dash of just over 2 hours to make my train.

Only been by train once before that was for a game where the crowd was 35,000 and it took over an hour to get on a tube anywhere near the ground, hoping it’s more organised this time.

Houchens Head

If you're driving down, Rich, you're best going down to the M25 (towards Heathrow Airport), then after the airport exit, take junction 13 to Staines. Take the A308 at the next island (which will be the Staines by-pass), then after ½ mile or so, go left onto the M3 (NOT West bound!) and carry on (which is now the A316). Carry on for 4¼ miles and the ground should be signed from there.

SBAndy

From memory, when I went in Autumn 2016 we got the train down to Euston, then tube southbound on the Victoria line to Vauxhall, and finally overground to Twickenham station.

Getting back, we just hung around the ground for an hour or so after. All the stadium bars are open for about 2hrs after full time. Think there’s also shuttle buses run from behind one of the stands to Richmond station, but don’t quote me on that as I didnt use it.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Predictions for this weekend then-
Wales v Scotland- Scotland by 8-Try BP
France v Ireland- Ireland by 5-France losing BP
Italy v England- England by 22-Try BP

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The Sexton crossfield kick to Earls was the bravest move you’ll see in this years 6Nations! Changed the momentum of that last play as Ireland weren’t making any ground and the French discipline was superb they were never giving a penalty away!

Houchens Head

Don't you just love the fighting spirit of the Irish ? The Guinness will be flowing tonight !
241881_347301262005976_181733908_o.jpg
I was hoarse at the end of those last few minutes! What a 2nd half! Not wishing to sound biased, but that was about the best game of rugby I've ever witnessed!

Houchens Head

............. and we're playing England on St Paddy's Day! Gotta be a great excuse for getting in a multi-pack of Guinness and a bottle of Jameson's Whiskey!
418147_283590498377053_1861741748_n.jpg 603966_436816403054461_495547819_n.jpg

Houchens Head

Get in Ireland around 50 phases to get there and another lying French Doctor saying there was a Head injury as the guy limped off.
Drop goal from 40 metres.
Even my missus, who is Polish/Lithuanian and hates sports asked what HIA meant. When I told her it stood for Head Injury Assessment, even she said "Then why is he limping off then?"

Users who are viewing this thread