SIX NATIONS. (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Comfortable win in the end, like Cov England ran away with it last 20 but wales will see areas of England’s defence to exploit next week!

Simmonds looks a find.

Big loss losing Young for you’d imagine the comp but chance for a 3rd choice scrum half to come in behind Young & Care.

bringbackrattles

I fancied England to get 50 or more points so nearly there. But Italy played well especially second half, and have improved a lot. Hope England get stronger as the tournament progresses ?

Kneeza

I’m getting a train into Euston about 11 and heading across that way may stop somewhere further out for a few beers, lunch and 2nd half the Spurs v arsenal game.

Then head up to Twickenham for 3 so an hour and a half to enjoy the festivities outside the ground.
(Plans TBC)

Then have the mad dash of just over 2 hours to make my train.

Only been by train once before that was for a game where the crowd was 35,000 and it took over an hour to get on a tube anywhere near the ground, hoping it’s more organised this time.
I had similar at an England vs Canada game. Similar crowd iirc. Bleddy nightmare journey.

Otis

As I am English, I am of course rooting for England to win the Six Nations, but I don't really mind any of the other sides winning the tournament either, as long as it's not the French, the Welsh, the Scots, the Italians or the Irish.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As I am English, I am of course rooting for England to win the Six Nations, but I don't really mind any of the other sides winning the tournament either, as long as it's not the French, the Welsh, the Scots, the Italians or the Irish.
Or the English!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’d like to see a relegation every 2 years for the bottom side ie Italy, it’s be good for the likes of Georgia to have a go and I think they’d provide better opposition than Italy currently!

Otis

I’d like to see a relegation every 2 years for the bottom side ie Italy, it’s be good for the likes of Georgia to have a go and I think they’d provide better opposition than Italy currently!
Great idea.

Would love to see the Welsh relegated.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

You’d do it so every year there is a 6 Nations winner but in the back ground have a combined table of the 2 years (so everyone has played each other home and away in that period and relegate the bottom side over those 10 fixtures)

Then have a next tier comp with the likes of Georgia, Russia, Romania, Spain, Portugal & Germany and the same format at the top end.

Just looked at world rankings, France 10th, Georgia 12th & Italy 14th, so Georgia definitely deserve a crack.

ccfchoi87

You’d do it so every year there is a 6 Nations winner but in the back ground have a combined table of the 2 years (so everyone has played each other home and away in that period and relegate the bottom side over those 10 fixtures)

Then have a next tier comp with the likes of Georgia, Russia, Romania, Spain, Portugal & Germany and the same format at the top end.

Just looked at world rankings, France 10th, Georgia 12th & Italy 14th, so Georgia definitely deserve a crack.

The way to do it would be to have the team finishing in last place of the six nations play the team who finishes top of the 2nd tier to determine promotion/relegation. That ensures the best teams play in the six nations.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Predictions for this weekend-

Ireland v Italy - Ireland by 25 try BP
England v Wales - England by 10
Scotland v France - Scotland by 8 Try BP

SBAndy

Think Wales may shock England this weekend. Certainly shocked me with the way they put Scotland away last week.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Off to Dublin for the Ireland Italy game tomorrow , my prediction :emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Think Wales may shock England this weekend. Certainly shocked me with the way they put Scotland away last week.

Certainly looks a lot tighter than it did on paper a few weeks back.

Similar to Scotland v France the contrasts in their 2 defeats last week certainly give France more of a chance than it looked previously!

Otis

Off to Dublin for the Ireland Italy game tomorrow , my prediction :emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer::emoji_beer:
Do you get extra points for the bonus beer?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could have it won by next week then !

Sick Boy

More of a Gaelic Footall man myself, but that'll be great craic. Enjoy

Sky_Blue_Daz

More of a Gaelic Footall man myself, but that'll be great craic. Enjoy
I’m an Armagh fan, been lucky enough to get to an Ulster final and took my dad to an all Ireland final too, fantastic atmosphere

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Great day out! Good set up in and around Twickenham.

Odd game conditions didn’t help!

Back to the more homely surroundings of the BPA next week!

wingy

Hows it going to look by the end of play today ?
On a separate note Congratulations to the Whitley Academy teacher who's taken her oportunity in the team really well ,crossing the whitewash twice last night up in Edinburgh !!

Edit ;- Charlotte Pearce.

Last edited:

Otis

I'm hoping England beat the Scots, but I have a sneaky suspicion Scotland might win this one. Despite winning both games so far, England haven't been firing on all cylinders.

Scotland by 5

Ireland should beat the Welsh I think on home turf.

Ireland by 10.

All quite irrelevant though, what with the biggest game of the day being in Darlington.

wingy

I'm hoping England beat the Scots, but I have a sneaky suspicion Scotland might win this one. Despite winning both games so far, England haven't been firing on all cylinders.

Scotland by 5

Ireland by 10.

All quite irrelevant though, what with the biggest game of the day being in Darlington.
Got down to around minus 1 up there overnight so hopefully the pitch should be fit to play.

Otis

England by 12

Wales v Ireland to draw....... (no more than 3points in it either way...)
It's not Wales v Ireland though, it's Ireland v Wales. ;)

Had it been the other way round I would have predicted differently. Same too with England.

As Ireland are at home I think that gives them the edge.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It's not Wales v Ireland though, it's Ireland v Wales. ;)

Had it been the other way round I would have predicted differently. Same too with England.

As Ireland are at home I think that gives them the edge.

I think either way wales and Ireland with Wales key players back and Ireland missing a few very even.

Brighton Sky Blue

Scotland by 5

Ireland by 10.

Though not playing well we have shown a lot of resilience in the process. I'd expect Scotland to come at us from the off, though the pitch not being the usual Murrayfield quagmire will help us more than them. Still expect us to edge it though will be a high scoring game.

Users who are viewing this thread