Sky Blues set to play home games at St. Andrews (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

It's not possible!! As I eluded too earlier in the thread there is a FL Rule that makes that situation we all fear is a non goer.
Showing my support for the team is following the lads where they need the support.

I think you underestimate the lengths to which Joy will go to get her pound of flesh.

Black6Osprey

It's not possible!! As I eluded too earlier in the thread there is a FL Rule that makes that situation we all fear is a non goer.
Showing my support for the team is following the lads where they need the support.

What about like when Brighton moved 70 miles to Gillingham as a short term solution. It lasted a long time before they came back.

I realise rules have changed over time but we could still end up playing for years outside Coventry.

Be careful as once this starts you don't know where it may stop.

Brighton Sky Blue

What about like when Brighton moved 70 miles to Gillingham as a short term solution. It lasted a long time before they came back.

I realise rules have changed over time but we could still end up playing for years outside Coventry.

Be careful as once this starts you don't know where it may stop.

Entirely different as Brighton's ground was sold and promptly demolished for a retail park. The Ricoh remains open and available for us to use.

Mucca Mad Boys

It was shitty. I'm sorry I haven't read this whole thread so what was your 'case'?

If people are willing to travel to Portsmouth and Walsall for away games, refusing to go to a home game away is a bit much. I'll support my team when, where and how I can.

Brighton Sky Blue

They offered 80%... 20% short IMO.

They offered 80% of the profits which is the maximum they possibly can-they also offered to cross invoice 100% of the revenue for the club's FFP purposes. You don't seem to be brushed up on all the details young Taylor.

ccfctommy

Ok fair enough.

I just think it's wrong that our home games are played out of the City. I have no desire to watch those games and I hope it does not happen.

Mucca Mad Boys

They offered 80% of the profits which is the maximum they possibly can-they also offered to cross invoice 100% of the revenue for the club's FFP purposes. You don't seem to be brushed up on all the details young Taylor.

Young Taylor? C'mon you're only 4 years older than me :p

Why can't they offer 100% of profits?

So ACL would send an invoice us 100% of the revenue for FFP purposes, but we wouldn't get 100% right? Wouldn't that be illegal and could we get punished for it? Clear this up.

I admit, I was missing for bit so missed some tiny details, I've only got an understanding of the F&B revenues status, I know it's not 100% and that's what I think it should be, whoever owns the club.

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok fair enough.

I just think it's wrong that our home games are played out of the City. I have no desire to watch those games and I hope it does not happen.

I don't think it's right, but it may be necessary, and if it works, I won't complain.

I wouldn't mind watching a game in Brum.

Brighton Sky Blue

Young Taylor? C'mon you're only 4 years older than me :p

So ACL would send an invoice us 100% of the revenue for FFP purposes, but we wouldn't get 100% right? Wouldn't that be illegal and could we get punished for it? Clear this up.

I admit, I was missing for bit so missed some tiny details, I've only got an understanding of the F&B revenues status, I know it's not 100% and that's what I think it should be, whoever owns the club.

They can't offer 100% of the profits because 20% goes to a third party (I think Compass), so it's not ACL's to give away. You're just mixing up profits and revenues (words which really should have no place on a football forum), but ACL are willing (with Compass' approval) to cross-invoice 100% of the F+B revenues to the club as well as 80% of the F+B profits. In 2011/12 the revenues in total amounted to £1.1m-which would mean over £600k towards wages from that alone.

J

Jack Griffin

Profits are limited as there is a 3rd party involved, Compass who provide all the staff & take 20% of the catering revenue. I hope you aren't advocating breaking another contract (and this one still has some years to run).

If I understand it right the cross invoicing is just so the turnover can be counted by CCFC, the sum is the real F&B turnover, i.e. goods & staff bought in by IEC and sold at the matches for a profit, so CCFC would pay for those & invoice IEC for it, thus no one gets any more money or pays more out, but the money goes through CCFC & counts as part of their turnover. Well it may not be done exactly like that, but the effect is the same.

Black6Osprey

Entirely different as Brighton's ground was sold and promptly demolished for a retail park. The Ricoh remains open and available for us to use.

The circumstances may be different but all I'm saying is don't all moan when we end up doing a ground share while a new ground is supposedly built which could take years or never be built if SISU are able to hang in there. All because everyone went along with playing anywhere no questions asked as long as its got the word Coventry in it and when the season has nothing left to play for.

All these people moaning about the heresy of changing from a Sky Blue kit but its no problem to move City. It beggars belief.

The circumstances may be different but all I'm saying is don't all moan when we end up doing a ground share while a new ground is supposedly built which could take years or never be built if SISU are able to hang in there. All because everyone went along with playing anywhere no questions asked as long as its got the word Coventry in it and when the season has nothing left to play for.

All these people moaning about the heresy of changing from a Sky Blue kit but its no problem to move City. It beggars belief.

rotherham played at the don valley in sheffield for years while a new ground was being built

italiahorse

If people are willing to travel to Portsmouth and Walsall for away games, refusing to go to a home game away is a bit much. I'll support my team when, where and how I can.

The next few games or forever?
I don't see a team playing in Northampton or Oxfordshire called Coventry City as my team. I will support AFC Coventry first.

ohitsaidwalker king power

If ever supporters had a chance to put across their feelings on the idea of moving outside the City then this is it. We aren't getting promoted so who gives a shit if we lose. By going to the game you are saying its okay. Its not.

And again I agree with you, on almost every level I agree with you, clinically the analysis suggest you are correct, however 35 years unbroken loyalty pulls me a different way; classic Heart Vs Head.....heart wins.
Unlike a certain manager- I do have sky blue blood- sorry but I wont apologise for it- I will be there- SISU will be long gone god willing- its us the fans who remain- lets please not forget that. Let them not divide and conquer us.

Users who are viewing this thread