Sky Blues set to play home games at St. Andrews (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jarse

if the games were to be played at brum or walsall would we get the food and bevarages and any parking i wonder

Of course you will. You may even be offered seats in the directors box and a chance to meet the team in the dressing room at the beginning of the game.:facepalm:

RegTheDonk

......SISU would take the jaundiced view that our home is irrelevant; and if they have a continued involvement with our club and they are inclined to look toward a new home, they'll place it exactly where the hell they wish

Yes, I think this is a good point. It's actually a lot easier for me to get to St. Andrews than it is the Ricoh, but I won't go to any "home" games outside Cov. I don't care if people scream at me and accuse me of not supporting the team, I believe the more people that go to St. Andrews (or wherever) the more ammo it gives SISU around the discussion table with ACL, or whoever wants to come in for us.

ccfctommy

What are your motives behind not going? If you simply can't go because of the move, then no. If you simply CBA, then yes, actually.

What if you just think it's wrong that were playing out of Coventry? If we play at Walsall or Birmingham then I won't be there.

chiefdave

So lets say we play at Walsall for the last 3 games of the season and then move back to the Ricoh next season, are you all coming back or will you refuse to go as they've played home games outside the city boundary?

If they build a new ground on the other side of the M6 (around a mile from the Ricoh) would nobody show up because it's out of the city?

This seems to be the least of our problems at the moment but the thing people are most concerned about! I would be perfectly happy to have 3 games, even a couple of seasons, played outside the city if it's to the long term benefit of the club. We won't be 'doing a Wimbledon' as league rules were changed to prevent that.

J

Jack Griffin

What is it about then, playing staff? Manager?

Fundamentally it is about the rent, because we wouldn't be talking about this, admin, Haskell IV, liquidation etc etc. if SISU agreed with the rent.

Fundamentally it is about control.

trotsky

home games should be at home

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I won't watch Cov City home games outside of Coventry, so I'll be needing a refund for the last 3 matches. I've spoken to a few others over our way and none will support that bullshit either.

I agree Games must be played in Coventry. It is a ridiculous situation, surely there must be a breach of contract issue for season ticket holders - anyone got any ideas?

Brighton Sky Blue

So lets say we play at Walsall for the last 3 games of the season and then move back to the Ricoh next season, are you all coming back or will you refuse to go as they've played home games outside the city boundary?

If they build a new ground on the other side of the M6 (around a mile from the Ricoh) would nobody show up because it's out of the city?

This seems to be the least of our problems at the moment but the thing people are most concerned about! I would be perfectly happy to have 3 games, even a couple of seasons, played outside the city if it's to the long term benefit of the club. We won't be 'doing a Wimbledon' as league rules were changed to prevent that.

It's unnecessary and it's humiliating to everyone attached to the club to decide to play even one league game in Birmingham, when the Ricoh is open for us to use. All because the owners want to prove a point to ACL-they should be fecking ashamed of themselves for going through with it.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

... Which is part of the... Rent agreement :eek:

Don't split hairs.

So, in your world, 'rent' means 'rental agreement', which actually appears to mean 'reduced rent and access to all revenues'?

Try renting a house. They'll quote you a rent. Then try telling them your definition of 'rent' means they pay all your bills too. See how you get along. If they agree, then try telling them this 'new rent' should include your food shopping, and all holidays too.... :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

So, in your world, 'rent' means 'rental agreement', which actually appears to mean 'reduce rent and access to all revenues'?

Try renting a house. They'll quote you a rent. Then try telling them your definition of 'rent' means they pay all your bills too. See how you get along. If they agree, then try telling them this 'new rent' should include your food shopping, and all holidays too.... :facepalm:

Have a hot Cornish pasty on me good sir.

Grendel

Mucca Mad Boys

It's up to you if you want to continue backing a man who is humiliating this club to fresh depths every day-personally, I'd say you're in a shrinking minority on that one.

Highlight the part in that post where I 'backed' Fisher? ...

This move, could work, it might not, so I have limited support for it for the time being. We might not even leave the RICOH in the end.

italiahorse

Don't go for the sake of CCFC

We must stick together on this and only go to the Ricoh Arena.

SISU will be testing the ground to see what options they have.

If they see a reasonable turn out away from the Ricoh they will pursue a ground outside the area. It would be unlikely to be in Warwickshire or West Midlands due to planning blockages. Leicestershire is already too crowded with teams so it will not be there. Likely area would be Oxfordshire or Northamptonshire.

If you go then you are directly to blame if they move out of the area.

STAY AWAY unless its the Ricoh.

Mucca Mad Boys

What if you just think it's wrong that were playing out of Coventry? If we play at Walsall or Birmingham then I won't be there.

On that basis I take it you don't travel to watch away games?

So, in your world, 'rent' means 'rental agreement', which actually appears to mean 'reduced rent and access to all revenues'?

In this context, yes the rent row is about the rental agreement.

That example doesn't work, I know BSB liked it just a bit, but it's revenue CCFC make and ACL wouldn't get that if CCFC weren't there, to use your analogy, it'd be like if I hosted a party in my property, I had to pay to get my property 'ready', I paid to get it cleaned up etc. I charge for entry, beverages and food but my landlord takes my profits, that wouldn't be right nor should CCFC stand for it. No matter how small amount it is because it changes depending on how many attend and buy stuff at games.

If you're happy for ACL to leech in this respect, that's your choice, but I'm not happy about it.

Enjoying that Cornish pasty? ;)

Black6Osprey

It's about whether you are supporting the club and its best interests and what it stands for or are just supporting a team at a football match trying to win a game.

Moving the club outside the City even for a short period is not acceptable, we are beyond it being just about a game of football.

All this talk of its just like a couple of extra away games is missing the point.

Otis

Will I be right in saying that wherever we move to (if we move) season ticket holders will be counted in the attendance?

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Sky Blue Pete

Will I be right in saying that wherever we move to (if we move) season ticket holders will be counted in the attendance?

You'd assume so. It would be my intention should we play away from the Ricoh to call at the ticket office for a refund. I suggest all those who feel the same do likewise

RoboCCFC90

We must stick together on this and only go to the Ricoh Arena.

SISU will be testing the ground to see what options they have.

If they see a reasonable turn out away from the Ricoh they will pursue a ground outside the area. It would be unlikely to be in Warwickshire or West Midlands due to planning blockages. Leicestershire is already too crowded with teams so it will not be there. Likely area would be Oxfordshire or Northamptonshire.

If you go then you are directly to blame if they move out of the area.

STAY AWAY unless its the Ricoh.

Then shower me with blame bud because I will be going to see the City..

glamour76

well gents, I have just called ticket office to see where my walsall tickets are (away). I was told they would deffo be here for thurs. I also asked about friday and i was told that they were 99 percent sure the game would be at the RICOH. Just passing on the news

chiefdave

well gents, I have just called ticket office to see where my walsall tickets are (away). I was told they would deffo be here for thurs. I also asked about friday and i was told that they were 99 percent sure the game woild be at the RICOH. Just passing on the news

Free radio chap is also saying on twitter that it will be at the Ricoh.

italiahorse

Assume they will. But empty terraces will tell the story.
This is the chance to make a stand for the club.

jimmyhillsfanclub

As a supporter who has refused to go to home games since we moved from Highfield Road because I hate the modern "ricoh experience" with a passion, I can fully understand, & indeed, support all those who state that they would draw a line under it all if CCFC moved out of Coventry.

Everyone has a limit.

Mine was the abandonment of our home of over 100 years.

I still support the club....I'm still a club member & I still travel to between 8 -12 away games per season, but its no longer the B all and End all for me....

....Football changed in the 1990's & we have all become "customers"....like it or not....

...so if you don't like the "service" you are getting ie: playing at Brum or Walsall....then vote with your feet....& tell them to fuck off.:wave:

brez

surely football league will try and bang heads, i would hope so anyway, there must be quite a decent crowd expected and unless they have already sorted something everything must be in place for friday and paid for, mind you this is sisu :confused:

hutch1972

As a supporter who has refused to go to home games since we moved from Highfield Road because I hate the modern "ricoh experience" with a passion, I can fully understand, & indeed, support all those who state that they would draw a line under it all if CCFC moved out of Coventry.

Everyone has a limit.

Mine was the abandonment of our home of over 100 years.

I still support the club....I'm still a club member & I still travel to between 8 -12 away games per season, but its no longer the B all and End all for me....

....Football changed in the 1990's & we have all become "customers"....like it or not....

...so if you don't like the "service" you are getting ie: playing at Brum or Walsall....then vote with your feet....& tell them to fuck off.:wave:

And that would then get them to knock down the houses and re-build HR

Otis

Yes I do. I went Portsmouth and I have a ticket for Walsall. I just really don't see why I should travel outside Coventry to watch a home game.

Coventry City.

The clue is in the name.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes I do. I went Portsmouth and I have a ticket for Walsall. I just really don't see why I should travel outside Coventry to watch a home game.

I rest my case.

I'm sorry to hear you went to Pompey, that was shitty.

Brighton Sky Blue

On that basis I take it you don't travel to watch away games?

In this context, yes the rent row is about the rental agreement.

That example doesn't work, I know BSB liked it just a bit, but it's revenue CCFC make and ACL wouldn't get that if CCFC weren't there, to use your analogy, it'd be like if I hosted a party in my property, I had to pay to get my property 'ready', I paid to get it cleaned up etc. I charge for entry, beverages and food but my landlord takes my profits, that wouldn't be right nor should CCFC stand for it. No matter how small amount it is because it changes depending on how many attend and buy stuff at games.

If you're happy for ACL to leech in this respect, that's your choice, but I'm not happy about it.

Enjoying that Cornish pasty? ;)

You do understand that ACL offered to sign over their share of the profits and the revenue in total?

italiahorse

Then shower me with blame bud because I will be going to see the City..

You have to make your own choice, but rest assured, if they get a good turn out, you will have rubber stamped a 60 mile trip round trip to all CCFC home games in future.
Show your support for the team by going to Away games only
Short term pain long term gain.

RoboCCFC90

You have to make your own choice, but rest assured, if they get a good turn out, you will have rubber stamped a 60 mile trip round trip to all CCFC home games in future.
Show your support for the team by going to Away games only
Short term pain long term gain.

It's not possible!! As I eluded too earlier in the thread there is a FL Rule that makes that situation we all fear is a non goer.
Showing my support for the team is following the lads where they need the support.

Users who are viewing this thread