So how many of you........ (1 Viewer)

Fergusons_Beard

Reading the wild wild rumours running away with themselves got me thinking.

How many on here would welcome a takeover by Red Bull IF it included

In effect the loss of City's identity.
-a rebranding of Coventry City to RB Coventry.
-a new red kit (doing away with skyblue)
-a new football badge-to incorporate 2 bulls.
-The Red Bull stadium.
-Red Bull logos everywhere

BUT tempered by success.
-mega star players and a new decent manager.
-a new stadium that the club owned.
-success on the pitch with several promotions and decent cup runs and ultimately ending with European nights for the RB Coventry.

So would you sell the soul of the club for a lot of success?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

-The Red Bull stadium.

BUT tempered by success.
-success on the pitch with several promotions and decent cup runs and ultimately ending with European nights for the RB Coventry.

Yes I would be happy with that and would be extra happy if we got rid of this soppy Sky Blues rubbish. I go because I want success not the colour of a kit.

torchomatic

Not for me. Despite their huge successes i wouldn't be a happy long term Chelsea or Man City fan.

skybluetony176

The club is a well practiced chameleon already. I'd be sad to lose sky-blue but then RB light has a sky-blue can so that wouldn't necessarily have to happen. RB Coventry? Wouldn't have an issue with that, it's not like the club hasn't changed it's name before. But key would have to be selling a dream and then delivering on it as the great JH did. Based on what they've already done elsewhere that seems likely.

idm1975

Am firmly in the sisu out and anyone else in, whoever it was/is surely couldnt be any worse than it is now!

Otis

-The Red Bull stadium.

BUT tempered by success.

Yep, count me in. The more bull the better.

CovisGod

I would sell my Mrs and Kids for success in any form.

I was one when we won the Fa Cup, I have been an avid season ticket holder for 28 years and I have never seen us do anything except constantly dissapoint and decline.

The amount of my life and money that goes in to supporting this shit bag of a club is nothing short of mental and if Mr Red Bull wants to throw a load of money at us I'd take it with open arms. Just once, in my life I'd like to see Coventry have some form of success.

Change the kit to bright pink, stick a massive bulls cock on the back, I don't care, change our name to Midlands Red Bull Warriors and I couldn't give a fuck, just please god let me support a team challenging at the top end of divisions for once in my life....

RegTheDonk

No bothered about kit change, even a change of nickname from the Sky Blues. But it should remain as COVENTRY CITY.

Suppose they did thand sold us off after a few years. Do we become Coventry Carling, or Barclays Sky Blues? If not, they may well take over Sphinx and plough their money into them, I woldn't support them.

Irish Sky Blue

Its all bollox !
Shouldn't that be Bullocks?
Probably never going to happen but for me we have to stay as Coventry City and play in sky blue. A complete change of identity and what is left? I also feel that clubs like Chelsea and Man City have had the soul taken out of them. Man City in particular used to be a real community club based in Moss Side and accessible to rich and poor fans alike. Are they still that same community asset? Not sure. It would be interesting to know how much of their old fan base remains, those that supported them through thin and thinner and how many have simply attached themselves because of success and who would depart just as quickly when the money disappears.

skybluejelly

not for me .its all in the name ..I support Coventry city, not Coventry utd,not Coventry sphinx.. and certainly not Coventry red bulls..maybe Coventry city red bulls but would still have to have Coventry city in the name..just a promotion and our gates would probably double from what they are now.. we don't need massive investment ..we just need some investment

rondog1973

-The Red Bull stadium.

BUT tempered by success.

No on all counts.

Would seem little difference between this and actually liquidating the club and starting again completely rebranded

stedo86

Shouldn't that be Bullocks?
Probably never going to happen but for me we have to stay as Coventry City and play in sky blue. A complete change of identity and what is left? I also feel that clubs like Chelsea and Man City have had the soul taken out of them. Man City in particular used to be a real community club based in Moss Side and accessible to rich and poor fans alike. Are they still that same community asset? Not sure. It would be interesting to know how much of their old fan base remains, those that supported them through thin and thinner and how many have simply attached themselves because of success and who would depart just as quickly when the money disappears.
Massive coventry fan from Manchester right near the city stadium as I coventry fan I find it hard to stomach how much money is being thrown at Man City trying to buy a history however I have to say the amount of money they have put into regeneration that area of Manchester is amazing not a stadium but the academy, training facility and surrounding areas with a college swimming baths shops etc. Yes the money men could leave and I have hoped that would happen for ages but if they left right now they leave a sustainable business that is embedded in the community. Also they changed the logo and have now realised it was a mistake and rebranded the badge back to. It's roots

Ashdown

Yeah I'm in , SISU have fucked up the old model anyway. I'd love to see any Coventry team do well as long as the creation was based on a team affiliated with CCFC and retained a direct link all be it rebranded.................apart from the pests of course who I just can't support and never had a history in the City.

Rory83

How many teams do Red Bull own now? They're like the McDonald's of football, they're cropping up in every league. It's going from tragedy to farce. I wouldn't be interested, it's corporate branding bollocks and Cov aside it's destroyed the culture and heritage of football. I hate it.

Can we not just get somebody in with decent bundle of cash who can get this club back on its feet and make us a respectable Championship club? Why is everyone so tight in Warwickshire, it's a Tory paradise. Surely there's somebody with a bit of business clout.

Essexrobbie

If we kept an all sky Blue kit as the second away strip not this white crap we have at the moment , with the understanding that after say two to five years we could all vote on whether to stay as we were or revert back to sky blue, id be up for it.

Otis

If we kept an all sky Blue kit as the second away strip not this white crap we have at the moment , with the understanding that after say two to five years we could all vote on whether to stay as we were or revert back to sky blue, id be up for it.
Fact is, no-one is going to do a TOTAL rebranding. Just wouldn't happen.

No-one is going to change the name AND the colours AND the badge.

Terry Gibson's perm

How many teams do Red Bull own now? They're like the McDonald's of football, they're cropping up in every league. It's going from tragedy to farce. I wouldn't be interested, it's corporate branding bollocks and Cov aside it's destroyed the culture and heritage of football. I hate it.

Can we not just get somebody in with decent bundle of cash who can get this club back on its feet and make us a respectable Championship club? Why is everyone so tight in Warwickshire, it's a Tory paradise. Surely there's somebody with a bit of business clout.

They have a lot of money because they don't throw it away on car crash football clubs and have too much business sense

fellatio_Martinez

Personally I find the idea revolting. I mean, who wants a team named after an overly sweet energy drink?

Coca Cola Coventry would be far better.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

.....if we stick with the owners we have then we have no future anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread