Something to be proud of? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Or would not be able to afford him if he had no convictions ?

So it isn't about the football side then is it? It is purely down to his convictions.

As if they were able to get him for the same price but with no convictions they would snap hands off and there would be a bidding war.

Yet people aren't signing the same footballer because of his convictions, not the footballing side? Whereas if it was the same situation but take away the non football history, he would be signed.

kg82

Yes there was. Like this case though the majority of people have no real interest in football.

No, because it isn't just about football. These are criminal matters with victims, nothing to do with football. I'm not sure what your point is? Should people not interested in football not have an opinion on it?

Grendel

No, because it isn't just about football. These are criminal matters with victims, nothing to do with football. I'm not sure what your point is? Should people not interested in football not have an opinion on it?

The point is he is a troll who changes opinions like the wind just to get attention. Ignore him.

skybluetony176

Evidently she was too drunk to know what was going on and so was he.
Evidently in the same condition she was able to have sex with someone else but he was not convicted.
As I say I will reserve judgement until after the cases JR.

Evidently he's a convicted rapist who's had his right to appeal refused so a jury with access to the facts decided he's guilty and an appeal judge agreed that the conviction is sound based on the evidence. The JR is on the investigation not the conviction. That seems pretty water tight.

skybluetony176

There was a huge outcry when Hughes was coming back to football.

Not like this but there was an outcry. But then again Hughes crime wasn't premeditated. Rape by it's very nature is and therefore a deliberate act and should be looked on with different eyes too a crime that's not premeditated.

Nick

Administrator
Not like this but there was an outcry. But then again Hughes crime wasn't premeditated. Rape by it's very nature is and therefore a deliberate act and should be looked on with different eyes too a crime that's not premeditated.

Surely getting in his car drunk is pre medidating something?

kg82

I'm not comparing the crimes, just pointing out there was still a huge outcry (Oldham again, ironically). Will point out though that Hughes fled the scene and didn't hand himself in for a while. That was low.

skybluetony176

Surely getting in his car drunk is pre medidating something?

Yes it is. It's premeditating drink driving, the only crime he set out to do.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way trying to justify his actions and the consequences of what that did. I'm just saying he never set out to kill anyone. You can't accidentally rape someone.

dongonzalos

No show of any remorse or thought for the victim. Until he was forced to produce a written statement once everybody said no.

I am all for people getting second chances but until they accept wrong doing in the first place I can't see how they can move on.

Good stance by the club.

Bad stance with Marlon it was his 18th chance including two for assaults on women

skybluericoh

Yes it is. It's premeditating drink driving, the only crime he set out to do.

Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way trying to justify his actions and the consequences of what that did. I'm just saying he never set out to kill anyone. You can't accidentally rape someone.

Both are terrible crimes, the thing is with family support, time, counselling a woman might get over it. But when you've been killed by a DD you're never getting over it. Like I said Both bad but in my opinion, causing death by DD or reckless driving for that matter tops it.

Astute

Anything praising the club won't go down too well on here.

And as usual you try to make out as though anyone having a go at SISU is having a go at CCFC. What absolute bullshit.

SISU have done something right for once. Well done. Now do the right things for the rest of our club and us supporters.

skybluericoh

My opinion is that glad we're not be signing him. But all this role model crap is doing my head in. There are very few footballers that I consider to be a role model to nay of my kids. Yes I would love tem to have the ££££ they get, but very few are 'role models'. Greedy, no loyalty to clubs (fans) most think of thier bank balance before most things. High profile players having affairs with colleagues and family's other halfs, showing no respect to match officials, the list goes on. Part of me says he has been dealt with by the courts, now let him get on with it. but not at my club!

The Gentleman

The case review won't decide if he's guilty or not, it will only decide whether it should go back to the court of appeal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

As we all seem to like the ifs, buts and speculation maybe's on this forum, if he gets his appeal and is found to be innocent, would you have him at the club then?

Note: I am in no way saying he is innocent or saying that I would have him, just asking the question.

dongonzalos

Mixed opinions as always on here. Some have clearly not studied the case. Others set in their ways and unmovable in their opinion.
I would like to see him over turn his conviction and then would love to see him play for us.

Anyway check this out: https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

Some may have studied the case more than you think and it maybe considered arrogant to think that because their opinion differs to yours, that they have not.

stupot07

As we all seem to like the ifs, buts and speculation maybe's on this forum, if he gets his appeal and is found to be innocent, would you have him at the club then?

Note: I am in no way saying he is innocent or saying that I would have him, just asking the question.

Tbh I don't know, but I would accept his innocence. Looking at the stats (you know I love them) only 3.4% reviewed get sent back to appeal, and only 70% of those end up as successful appeals. You would have to say the odds are truly stacked against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mighty quinn

What proud of joining what surely is a witch hunt .not for me guilty or not served his time .second chance .too many people too bitter.i would sign him .that would be the right thing .how dare people play judge .dury and executioner.

skybluetony176

Mixed opinions as always on here. Some have clearly not studied the case. Others set in their ways and unmovable in their opinion.
I would like to see him over turn his conviction and then would love to see him play for us.

Anyway check this out: https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

No one heard more evidence than the jury and they found him guilty. An appeal judge then found that guilty verdict sound. What makes you think that you know better than the jury and appeal judge?

Sick Boy

What proud of joining what surely is a witch hunt .not for me guilty or not served his time .second chance .too many people too bitter.i would sign him .that would be the right thing .how dare people play judge .dury and executioner.

He hasny actually served his time yet though, has he? Rape is the lowest of the low and in no other walk of life would he be allowed to return to his profession.

Have you ever met and spoken to a rape victim before?

mighty quinn

Yes I have met someone that has been raped .and don't take it lightly. We all make mistakes. And be dealt with acording to law .Cannot help feeling that this is media hope.give the guy a chance we all deserve that.

Sick Boy

Yes I have met someone that has been raped .and don't take it lightly. We all make mistakes. And be dealt with acording to law .Cannot help feeling that this is media hope.give the guy a chance we all deserve that.

I can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. Personally I think rapists are scumbags and could never understand how or why some one could do it. It's hardly media hype, he raped a teenage girl. Unless you think rape is a trivial crime?

Grendel

It's hardly making a mistake though is it? Also the subsequent vilification if the victim cannot be ignored. The constant hounding shows him to be a particular unpleasant individual. He deserves all he gets.

HighfieldRoader

I am very proud of the way City have responded to the question of taking on Ched Evans. Too many in football believe that the sport can exist in a cocoon totally separate to the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread