Southend & Bradford away now (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I am still angry about Conor Thomas randomly backheeling a ball to keep it in play and then Bradford scoring.

Tommo72

I’ve seen a few moans about the ticket sales for Southend only being 700. Should we be hitting much bigger numbers for games like this?

CV22SBA

I’ve seen a few moans about the ticket sales for Southend only being 700. Should we be hitting much bigger numbers for games like this?
Would expect us to still take 1K+ but this was one of my fave away days a couple of seasons back. Can't remember the name of the pub but classics from Oasis and The Smiths etc blasting out and then the barmaid stood on the bar and got her t**s out! lol

NortonSkyBlue

We should be taking at least the same as the Charlton game. Its a Saturday 3pm, its not a difficult journey and we have won two on the bounce.
I know our support is not considered anything other than mediocre but we should show our support in bigger numbers.

Otis

We should be taking at least the same as the Charlton game. Its a Saturday 3pm, its not a difficult journey and we have won two on the bounce.
I know our support is not considered anything other than mediocre but we should show our support in bigger numbers.
Yeah and maybe consider a boat trip down there too.

That could prove very popular.

Tommo72

I agree.

No doubt by the time Sat comes round it will be over 1,000 which is ok but we shouldn’t be comparing ourselves to most away followings in this division. We do seem to drop when we aren’t in the Midlands or in London.

CovInEssex

Yeah and maybe consider a boat trip down there too.

That could prove very popular.

You joke but back in the day Cockneys used to sail down the Thames to go on holiday to Southend. They even extended the pier to accommodate larger boats.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Would expect us to still take 1K+ but this was one of my fave away days a couple of seasons back. Can't remember the name of the pub but classics from Oasis and The Smiths etc blasting out and then the barmaid stood on the bar and got her t**s out! lol

Sounds suspiciously like the Varsity underneath the Travelodge!?

Ricketts

One less going to Southend. Both the town and the ground are a dump and I have no desire to return.

(The fact that we lost as well didn't endear it to me. I'm fickle like that)

pusbccfc

Should be about 1500 at least.

Considering the woeful away grounds we've had to go to this season so far (Gillingham, Bristol Rovers, Oxford and Wimbledon), a good ground/day out like Southend should attract more.

pipkin73

Bradford, Doncaster and Southend. PUSB3 teams we always seem to struggle against. Let's hope that by having the 3 together we do better. 3 points due to our history i will take, prefer 5. Anymore than that then great. One thing i can say about Cov these last few seasons is we have broken lot's of Hoodoos, so keep it up and get 6 points minimum please. PUSB

Sick Boy

It's about the same as Gillingham away, isn't it? I guess Charlton was a bigger day out this month.

ovduk78

I hate Southend. Horrible town & stadium. Worked there for 3 years and used to travel all over to watch us play home and away, never drew Southend away in the cup until I moved back to Rugby in 1998 and first cup draw was Southend home and away in the League Cup.
Went to Bradford once and got food poisoning. Ordered sausage, egg and chips in a cafe and it came with peas and gravy, no wonder I was ill.
I want 6 points, not sure if 2 draws is better than a win and a loss for the team, but would be happy with 3 points.

Paxman II

I think we are improving mentally as a team as much as physically and tactically. Things are coming good at the right time. We should be too good for Southend and Bradford.
Bakyako to start alongside Chaplin. Hiwula keeps his place, Jones on the bench pressing Thomas for a start. Competition so hot for places we should see players putting in 100% and if we do that we will be too good for most teams in this division. Yes our scoring record is low but I think we have just about cracked that nut now and we will see Chaplin regularly on the score sheet with support from players like Hiwula, Bakyako, Jones etc.

Irish Sky Blue

I think we are improving mentally as a team as much as physically and tactically. Things are coming good at the right time. We should be too good for Southend and Bradford.
Bakyako to start alongside Chaplin. Hiwula keeps his place, Jones on the bench pressing Thomas for a start. Competition so hot for places we should see players putting in 100% and if we do that we will be too good for most teams in this division. Yes our scoring record is low but I think we have just about cracked that nut now and we will see Chaplin regularly on the score sheet with support from players like Hiwula, Bakyako, Jones etc.
I haven’t been the biggest fan of JCH and would much prefer Biamou. However, I do think he has played a lot better this season than last. He was immense against Sunderland and I thought, played well against Wycombe. He produced the pass of the season in that game, the one he swept the width of the field to Hiwula. I am sure baring illness or injury he will start. I think Bakayoko missed a good chance to ramp up the pressure on JCH with what was quite a poor performance against Forest Green following his heroics at Charlton. He needs to really show what he can do when he next gets a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread