ST sales (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Get you, with your elitism ;)

And..the prices are on the club web site now. Might wait for Nick to get a SBT super box, and join that...

Nick

Administrator
And..the prices are on the club web site now. Might wait for Nick to get a SBT super box, and join that...

Nah mate, mine's a super special one. Sorry.

giphy.gif

Chipfat

The clubs owners have to show a clear pathway to success and then ask for supporters to follow them to push the club forward. Its been too long now that the club has put it on you to run its business and product on it. If i dropped my standard but asked my customers to pay more for the service so i could carry on dropping my level, then i would be sank in business within months.

I understand a view of supporting the team, but thousands would support the club if they felt they are working with owners that want the same. This point has been coming for a while, but yet some look at the most loyal fans to point the finger at, just like Tim does. Look at the stats, more ST sales, hasn't transpired to a larger playing budget, in fact its meant a cut. So by saying ST sales will determine the budget is bollocks, they know what the budget is already. Fans have had enough and i would imagine a vast majority see it the same way, a line in the sand has to be drawn even if it hurts what is dear to most. A bad today for a better tomorrow is the only way this club can build again, its sinking and people are getting off and are not prepared to fund what really is a lost cause.

The owners are super quiet and really have nothing to say or to spin, how can they!! they have driven this and now are paying for it, either they invest or sell. Because if MR can't perform the miracle's that are being expected of him we will be having this same conversation next year about Non league football, and that is a very scary prospect.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

I used to think that supporting Coventry City was unconditional but Sixfields put that in to perspective.
I will buy season tickets as I want to support the manager and not hurt the team.
If I felt that withholding my money made any difference to a positive outcome for the club then I would refrain from buying.
Those who decide not to purchase will be just as responsible as the owners if we struggle next season but they will see it as a vindication that they were right. You couldn't make it up!

Chipfat

So the 5500 that bought ST last year seen a increase in playing budget and a vast improvement on the field. Or did they see a cut in budget and relegation. Your support most will respect but to blame those who don't buy on the demise of the club is not correct or accurate. Sisu will cut the budget or sell the best players no matter how many turn up at the gate or buy ST. However they will get TIm and MR to come out and say you make a difference, the figures show you don't, most have come to this conclusion.

Sky Blue Harry H

I struggle sometimes, I blame the almost Everest scaling of that stand at Newcastle in the cup for the start of it.

We did a good twist and shout though, having scaled it. Got a good round of applause from the Geordies. Me and a couple of mates got a pub load of them in Wallsend singing 'sh*t on the Villa' (and I usually can't stand that song - had had a few lagers!)

vow

You mean that block 18 where the price hasn't increased?
Without being pedantic, wingy, they have put the prices up in B18, as it's now in the Premium zone.

Chipfat

If a ST for multiple years said to Tim, sorry Tim I'm not renewing his reply would be very simple.

"Sorry to hear that" then muttering under his breath now piss off, I still have a few thousand I can still play the emotional card with to let me carry on playing this silly game.

It's very sad Tim and Joy are allowed to divide fans and create anger between each other. We all share a common goal it's just a shame they don't see it the sameway. Sooner or later the tipping point for them is getting closer.

Grendel

If a ST for multiple years said to Tim, sorry Tim I'm not renewing his reply would be very simple.

"Sorry to hear that" then muttering under his breath now piss off, I still have a few thousand I can still play the emotional card with to let me carry on playing this silly game.

It's very sad Tim and Joy are allowed to divide fans and create anger between each other. We all share a common goal it's just a shame they don't see it the sameway. Sooner or later the tipping point for them is getting closer.

Your posts are getting more deranged by the minute.

Nick

Administrator

Looks like you are trying your hardest to do what you accuse them of. Nice one.

Chipfat

So Tim never said when told by a ST holder that he was not renewing at the forum or on Cwr, he was sorry to hear that. Not once did he ask the supporter why or what can be done to change his mind or experience with the club?.

As for doing a job, trust me Nick i don't have to, they are doing very well in pissing people off enough not to buy a ST or to believe the shite they spout. My post are not to discourage just to give my opinion on a forum, but as you and Gren tend to double team anyone who has a different thought process, maybe you should both join a forum where you two can tell each other how right you both are all the time.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I never buy a season ticket, last time I had one was back in the 1980s in the old West Stand. so I don't like to comment too much on whether anyone should or shouldn't get one, however I fail to see why some of our fans break a leg, diving in and getting one now and not keeping the dosh in their own bank even until very last day of the early bird offer, what a statement that would have been.

Ccfcjml71

The average League Two wage budget is 1m per season. I would expect our wage budget to be 1.6m if it was near 2m this season. You would think on these numbers we'd have pick of the bunch of players in League Two.

It's a vicious circle though, no season ticket sales = player sales, which I for one do not want!

Owners aside, Mark Robins has gave me a reason to have 'glass half full' view on our season next year!

Brighton Sky Blue

All I want to know is what the end game is. In other words, at what point do they say 'enough' and walk? I don't see what good this is doing for anyone.

Ccfcjml71

All I want to know is what the end game is. In other words, at what point do they say 'enough' and walk? I don't see what good this is doing for anyone.
I don't think they know themselves, let's be honest. It appears if they did ever sell it wouldn't be to Gary Hoffman. It's a mad situation. But all we can do is support our team, and what happens, happens.

sky blue john

Does dwindling season tickets suit Sisu's agenda?
The only reason they are still here must be JR2. Club can move to a smaller local venue and they can keep it ticking over in league 2/Conference with a low wage bill.
Conference football would be a dream come true for Sisu, low wage bill with part time players!

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't think they know themselves, let's be honest. It appears if they did ever sell it wouldn't be to Gary Hoffman. It's a mad situation. But all we can do is support our team, and what happens, happens.

Others are welcome to watch us struggle against Accrington Stanley but I won't be partaking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
what does irritate is the assumption that all those not buying season tickets are all doing it to damage the CCFC finances in some vain hope it will see SISU go.

Most people I know if they are not going to renew do so because it has become a chore, is not value for money, is not enjoyable, is a negative experience and there are other things that bring positive enjoyment that they now value more within their budget. To point the finger at people making a simple choice based on that is frankly divisive and lacks understanding of what is going on. I would suggest that for most people it isn't about NOPM or damaging SISU finances (that isn't working in any case) it is simply people finding more enjoyable things to do with the money they have available to them. The consequence of that is less money for CCFC, however is the customer really to blame for a poor product/experience provided by the supplier

Instead of finger pointing respect their decision as I respect yours if you choose to have a season ticket.

Just to be clear due to other commitments I have not had a season ticket nor do I plan to get one............. I will pick and choose when I go (if at all) so long as it fits in with other things in my life. The choices I make have nothing at all to do with providing or not providing finance to CCFC. I very content with the choices I make and take full responsibility for them - I am aware of the consequences for CCFC of a few of those choices but I am a long, long way down the list of those responsible for the state of the club and its future (as is any other fan)

ajsccfc

what does irritate is the assumption that all those not buying season tickets are all doing it to damage the CCFC finances in some vain hope it will see SISU go.

Agreed. I'm still on the 'no' side but I'm not doing it to make a statement or as part of some wider movement or boycott, it's because I genuinely hated having to go up most of last season and even with Robins improving things there's not enough yet to suggest it won't be more of the same.

bawtryneal

I used to think that supporting Coventry City was unconditional but Sixfields put that in to perspective.
I will buy season tickets as I want to support the manager and not hurt the team.
If I felt that withholding my money made any difference to a positive outcome for the club then I would refrain from buying.
Those who decide not to purchase will be just as responsible as the owners if we struggle next season but they will see it as a vindication that they were right. You couldn't make it up!

You are normally a very intelligent poster
Fisher has stated on numerous occasions that SISU are running CCFC as a business. That`s fine and their prerogative.
The fans are treated by Fisher as customers not like fans in the normal sense. Therefore the fans cannot be blamed for not spending their hard earned money without receiving value for money and entertainment.
Football is in the entertainment business that rely on "bums on seats"
They are fortunate that there are 5,000 die hards (reducing every year) who will turn up despite the entertainment value. I used to be one of them.
Sorry, but I disagree. In my opinion you cannot hold the fans to account in the same way as the owners
Fisher needs to look in the mirror, no further !!!
If my local restaurant goes bust because it serves crap food and offers poor service who`s fault is it ?? The customers or the management.

bawtryneal

Most people I know if they are not going to renew do so because it has become a chore, is not value for money, is not enjoyable, is a negative experience and there are other things that bring positive enjoyment that they now value more within their budget. To point the finger at people making a simple choice based on that is frankly divisive and lacks understanding of what is going on. I would suggest that for most people it isn't about NOPM or damaging SISU finances (that isn't working in any case) it is simply people finding more enjoyable things to do with the money they have available to them. The consequence of that is less money for CCFC, however is the customer really to blame for a poor product/experience provided by the supplier

Instead of finger pointing respect their decision as I respect yours if you choose to have a season ticket.

Just to be clear due to other commitments I have not had a season ticket nor do I plan to get one............. I will pick and choose when I go (if at all) so long as it fits in with other things in my life. The choices I make have nothing at all to do with providing or not providing finance to CCFC. I very content with the choices I make and take full responsibility for them - I am aware of the consequences for CCFC of a few of those choices but I am a long, long way down the list of those responsible for the state of the club and its future (as is any other fan)

Agree 100%

NorthernWisdom

It's because the minority have the loudest voices... especially in something like this, where the majority reason for not buying a season ticket is not caring enough!

Nick

Administrator

I don't think it is assumed that anybody who doesn't go is doing it to starve the club. It's only really when people make a big song and dance out of it which then accounts for 10 or 15 people who will probably just work overtime etc or do something else because they were fed up of awful football.

Putting it into the supplier example, again it's the same as people who will make the most noise will mean there are another fair few people who stop going because of the poor football and won't make a big song or dance out of it. However if for example the supplier of pies used a cheaper meat supplier so it didn't taste as nice you would just stop buying it. You wouldn't then sign up to pielovers.co.uk to tell people daily about how you won't give them a penny or aren't going to bother etc. (Not you personally).

Users who are viewing this thread