Stadium Consultation Forum Report (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Just got out of frankly a rather dull meeting.

Just a few thoughts:

Garlick seems to hate the Ricoh.

CBRE lady seemed to be reading prewritten script and looked shit scared.

Architect guy seemed confident.

Crowd was quite old, fairly sparse. Capacity was mostly discussed, with a few saying too small but guy saying he hates how big the Ricoh is getting biggest round of applause.

Point was raised about devisiveness of a ST only meeting, Ms Garlick disagrees (she'd get on very well with Fisher, is a graduate of the same charm school IMO).

Architect says plan is modular, 12>15>20-25k but site allows further expansion to say 30k by enlarging the envelope. Highways planning for final capacity would need granting at first stage so no hitches. Capacity upgrade would take roughly 6-9 months with that stadium "still playable".

Very early stages, CBRE woman won't give time until planning app, but a year is a reasonable time. None of this is slow she says, all standard business practice.

We will get input on interior decoration, what we want in the "fans zone" (And here was me thinking the whole stadium was a fans zone) in terms of which pie and pint stands we want. Kept going on about how we were never consulted about the Ricoh.

Was a very weird atmosphere. Location was claimed to be unknown by all 3. Questions were either unanswerable or drivel about wanting the tunnel to come out near the fans.

Garlick claims it's her forum and the club will be invited in later , though a CCFC employee seemed to be checking names on the door, she wet to great lengths to say he has no current commercial relationship with the club. There as a fan.

Oh and a couple of pissed off old chaps in City tops were sat outside moaning about not being allowed in, Valiant?

Was all a bit weird.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Wierd in what way ?,

did it seem quite muted ?

Please tell me that one of them didnt say "all standard business practice. "

Hobo

Location claimed to be unknown? Perhaps it's unknown to SISU to? What a shambles....they treat us like idiots.

shmmeee

Wierd in what way ?,

did it seem quite muted ?

Please tell me that Garlick didnt say "all standard business practice. "

Lol no she didn't. He's just very "polished" in a similar way.

Very muted IMO.

RoboCCFC90

Reading that back my hope has gone from about 5% to 0.5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Well some people on Facebook who have been to the same meeting believe it will now happen..

ccfcway

I'm not questionin that. Plenty of City fans hate the Ricoh.

really ?, surely it was the product inside that people had a problem with, meaning empty seats and less of an atmosphere ? Not been in many better atmospheres throughout my time following Cov than Blackburn in the FA Cup at RICOH !

percy

sounds like politician speak to me. what was the object of the excercise. all very staged and played out by the sounds of it.

ccfcway

sounds like politician speak to me. what was the object of the excercise. all very staged and played out by the sounds of it.

Percy, any news on the train station at the Ricoh, you should be in the know

The Gentleman

Went and couldn't get in, police car outside (not sure what they were expecting). On the plus side, the gym is well equipped up there and nearly bought a membership. Heard some suits (didn't recognize)talking next to the reception with some bloke with a big camera and were on about the recent FOI requests and how it looks bad. Has anyone heard about the next one that is to be held ?

NorthernWisdom

Architect says plan is modular, 12>15>20-25k but site allows further expansion to say 30k by enlarging the envelope. Highways planning for final capacity would need granting at first stage so no hitches.

Was it answered whether designed that way because perceived need of capacity first out (don't need more than 12k), need for a stadium as quickly as possible (i.e. would have to wait longer for a 25k straight up)or because of available budget?

valiant15

Just got out of frankly a rather dull meeting.

Just a few thoughts:

Garlick seems to hate the Ricoh.

CBRE lady seemed to be reading prewritten script and looked shit scared.

Architect guy seemed confident.

Crowd was quite old, fairly sparse. Capacity was mostly discussed, with a few saying too small but guy saying he hates how big the Ricoh is getting biggest round of applause.

Point was raised about devisiveness of a ST only meeting, Ms Garlick disagrees (she'd get on very well with Fisher, is a graduate of the same charm school IMO).

Architect says plan is modular, 12>15>20-25k but site allows further expansion to say 30k by enlarging the envelope. Highways planning for final capacity would need granting at first stage so no hitches. Capacity upgrade would take roughly 6-9 months with that stadium "still playable".

Very early stages, CBRE woman won't give time until planning app, but a year is a reasonable time. None of this is slow she says, all standard business practice.

We will get input on interior decoration, what we want in the "fans zone" (And here was me thinking the whole stadium was a fans zone) in terms of which pie and pint stands we want. Kept going on about how we were never consulted about the Ricoh.

Was a very weird atmosphere. Location was claimed to be unknown by all 3. Questions were either unanswerable or drivel about wanting the tunnel to come out near the fans.

Garlick claims it's her forum and the club will be invited in later , though a CCFC employee seemed to be checking names on the door, she wet to great lengths to say he has no current commercial relationship with the club. There as a fan.

Oh and a couple of pissed off old chaps in City tops were sat outside moaning about not being allowed in, Valiant?

Was all a bit weird.

Weren't me fella, I haven't left the house tonight.

shmmeee

The sense the forum's been rushed out for the need for good PR, or the sense it's been rushed out for a genuine desire to consult despite little to consult on... or the senseit was just badly managed?

Honestly? The middle one. Was mostly informative about the commitee itself. Sandra talks convincingly about the project but admitted that she knows not much more than us. There was a strong feeling of no one mentioning the elephant in the room. I'm sure going forward it'll be a great vehicle for capturing fans views about the stadium. Problem is were no closer to proof it exists.

That's not saying this meetin is proof it doesn't. Like I say all very convincing but so early in the process that most important points aren't addressable.

Oh, and as ST only... are you outing yourself? ;)

Haha no. I had a little help from a Superfan.

shmmeee

Was it answered whether designed that way because perceived need of capacity first out (don't need more than 12k), need for a stadium as quickly as possible (i.e. would have to wait longer for a 25k straight up)or because of available budget?

Garlick said she doesn't know the budget (which is another thing). All talk of capacity was based around "historical figures". The line seemed to be that's all we need.

I had just worked up the courage to ask about cost of expansion and comparison to building it first when the meeting ended. Sorry.

Steve.B50

Honestly? The middle one. Was mostly informative about the commitee itself. Sandra talks convincingly about the project but admitted that she knows not much more than us. There was a strong feeling of no one mentioning the elephant in the room. I'm sure going forward it'll be a great vehicle for capturing fans views about the stadium. Problem is were no closer to proof it exists.

That's not saying this meetin is proof it doesn't. Like I say all very convincing but so early in the process that most important points aren't addressable.

Haha no. I had a little help from a Superfan.

Did they check you in, how did you get entry?

torchomatic

I've never been a big fan, to be honest. It's never felt like "ours" even before the row and I never wanted to leave HR and thought it was unnecessary to do so, so that could be another reason.

Thanks to Shmmeee for the report.

really ?, surely it was the product inside that people had a problem with, meaning empty seats and less of an atmosphere ? Not been in many better atmospheres throughout my time following Cov than Blackburn in the FA Cup at RICOH !

shmmeee

Well some people on Facebook who have been to the same meeting believe it will now happen..

It's going to depend on your prejudices isn't it? The crowd seemed very supportive of the project overall and like I say, if you go in believing in the stadium it's all believable.

Users who are viewing this thread