Stadium Consultation Forum Report (4 Viewers)

shmmeee

Surely it would be relevant to ask a question around the fact that we know that Fisher et al have been lying over and over again for the past 6 months at least, so Sandra, do you have any evidence at all that a ground will be built, and if not are we all wasting our time being here?

She addressed the "is this all futile" point at the start. I may be wrong but what I think she said was "Well who knows, but it's not futile, our views will be listened to". Which to me translated as "I have no idea if a new stadiums being built either" but that could be my prejudices showing.

skybluetony176

My god awful memory is failing me. But she definitely said she either didn't know or couldn't say. She spoke mostly about the process itself and the requirements for planning, etc.

was there any point in her being there? did she add anything to the "consultation"?
it sounds like that meeting in Erin Brokavitch, when they send a trainee to tell them how big the corporation is that they are going to take on.

AJB1983

OK I'm home now so can be a bit more descriptive.

- pictures that we've seen, plus one extra of the "fans zone" that to me looked like a load of those pub umbrellas
- will be a "football club stadium" nothing non-football attached (later said revenue will come from "fans zone" retail income).
- capacity is 12k starting moving up in stages that take 6-9 months to compete. Down to the club though. However Brentford have this model and it suits their needs (implication being its suit ours as we are a similar club). Capacity could go up to 25k in modules. Then could change the structure for a bigger ground (30k was mentioned) if needed later.
- Club looking into safe standing, but dependant on outcome of FA consultation. Currently not allowed above L1 that may change though.
- Might have different colour seats to Sky blue as apparently the players complain they can't see each other when the Ricoh is empty
- Can have input on where away fans are. Minimum league requirements for away capacity, but designed to be flexible and allow more should the club wish to cash on on big away gates.
- Want to know what we've seen elsewhere that we like.
- will have community features ("you know for the youngsters and um...the community") not sure what yet. Wants input.
- lots of car parking will be available. Wants consultation on other transport links.
- stadium designed to look "finished" at 12k and provide atmosphere. Stands as close to pitch as possible (I think 3.5m at the sides and 5.5 at the ends but don't quote me). Stands as steep as possible for better atmosphere. Roof designed to push sound onto pitch.
- corporate seats not behind glass, part of the action.

That's all I can remember right now.

Fan Input:
"It's too small"
"It's just the right size"
"We need to reengage the fans"
"Can we not have the tunnel come out by corporate, no atmosphere"
"Can we not have the scoreboard behind most fans"

Nothing non-football attached? So what are all the revenue streams they won't be getting then like concerts and exhibitions? Fisher gonna cook the pies and provide the beer himself? Fans zone? Like concourses and club shop and shit like that they they had at the Ricoh?
Different colour seats? Think we should have red, being the sky blues and have our own stamp on the stadium, relevant to our history they go on about.
What we've seen elsewhere that we like? Well there's this stadium in holbrooks that's not too bad...
Tunnel? No atmosphere? So the players come out with the fans in front of then with the noise coming at them especially at a cup game such as the JPT final and that's not good enough?
What a pathetic charade this is.

Spionkop

So, judging by the total absence of questions at FOI re councils - from tonight's audience it looks like Sixfield attenders really don't care. They're going along with Sisu. How sad.

bigfatronssba

This new stadium sounds shit already.

Rusty Trombone

She addressed the "is this all futile" point at the start. I may be wrong but what I think she said was "Well who knows, but it's not futile, our views will be listened to". Which to me translated as "I have no idea if a new stadiums being built either" but that could be my prejudices showing.

Thanks, appreciate you posting all this info.

Longford

I don't think she's any more a liar than CBRE for saying they've been asked to look or the architects for saying they've been asked to draw up plans.

Monkeys, not organ grinders.

Wether grinding the organ or telling others to do so they are equally complicit. All are liars or "willing" to excuse those that lie. Which history shows is equally damaging...if not more so. IMHO

shmmeee

So, judging by the total absence of questions at FOI re councils - from tonight's audience it looks like Sixfield attenders really don't care. They're going along with Sisu. How sad.

There were a couple of passionate questions about capacity. But it was the guy who said capacity is fine who got a round of applause. I think the two guys behind me sat near me at the Ricoh, they spent the whole time moaning about others under their breath :D

im trying to be neutral here, but overall I'd agree.

Of course, you could argue its self selecting as people who believe in the project are more likely to go to Sixfields and more likely to turn up to a meeting about the new stadium when it's clear you can't rant at anyone.

italiahorse

This modular idea is ridicules. 99% of the time, including when we were in the prem 15000 is enough seats, when we get a big game the need for 30000 is needed, then the week later back to 15000 so can the cup draw be done 6 months in advance??? Lol if not what's the point of ever expanding? May as well piss off 15000 people and lose the money they would bring maybe two
Or three times a year?

But if you want to be in the top flight the Ricoh is spot on.
If your happy with L1 then okay I agree with you.

wince

Surely it would be relevant to ask a question around the fact that we know that Fisher et al have been lying over and over again for the past 6 months at least, so Sandra, do you have any evidence at all that a ground will be built, and if not are we all wasting our time being here
This question had to be asked and answered to make any forum valid

Longford

Shmmeee. For clarity certainly not having a go at you pal.

Just the top table.

ccfcway

its gonna have plenty of parking

don't know where it is, but deffo gonna have plenty of parking

a complete joke. Im sure the minutes of tonights meeting is on its way already to FL to show that they are actively looking to come back to the Coventry area

:thinking about:

edgy

Hmmm, this thread'sdegenerating into the same old divisive same old isn't it.

Ah well, was good while it lasted!

Same old suspects again.

Maybe Otium will use all these 'new stadium' ideas to improve the RICOH, when they finally get the deal they want?!?!

Longford

Yeah sorry for my input tonight. Only defence from me is I'm away from home and had a pint or two... And been out with a derby and incester fan who have just laughed and laughed and laughed at me (us) all night.

Fed up.... Hey ho.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Of course it is thats human nature some people agree some dont some believe some dont.Why do you think these meetings are being held? No land no plans,its to keep the division within the fanbase going,because the last thing Sisu want is a unified fanbase that would be their biggest nightmare.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
Here's our round-up of tonight's meeting. I wish there was more to tell you all! - http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-stadium-forum-chairman-6489813
a6ehanu5.jpg

shmmeee

Good report Simon.

Was as that quote at the end in private? Or did I completely miss her address the believability of the project?

bigfatronssba

J

Jack Griffin

- lots of car parking will be available. Wants consultation on other transport links.
- corporate seats not behind glass, part of the action.

Not free car parking I presume.
Cheap corporate option then.

Users who are viewing this thread