Standing (1 Viewer)

Monkeyface

OK people's opinion please...

So my friends and I have sat, or not as the case may be, in our seats for 5 seasons (-1 at Sixfields) and deliberately choose our seats so we can stand to watch games. We have never been asked to sit, by another fan or stewards until tonight when a lad with his dad sat behind us and moaned about us standing. I argued my point about having had our seats there for several years, and despite him asking us not to be 'cunts' I respectfully sat during the game, because ultimately he's right, it is an all seater stadium. However our seats are five-ish rows from the back and on the right hand side of the scoreboard... so if you go to games you would know most people stand round there. Surely if you buy tickets in certain areas you can expect to stand... right?

I know in the grand scheme of things this a nothing post, but seriously I was a bit pissed about it and feel the need to vent!

Juggernaut

You shouldn't be standing so he's right. If he's with a young kid how's he meant to see if youse are all standing up?

cornoccfc

Sounds like they should be in the JSB bit and not singers corner.

I saw more idiots this evening being picky over having the exact seat on their ticket, despite buying on the night ang getting the tickets they were given.

pusbccfc

I have had to move further back. At the Wigan game I couldn't stand up for the whole match as there were people around me who weren't there last season.

Seems to me that a fair few have moved over towards the block 15/16 and want to sit down.

Nothing you can do but move further back, I stood at the back row of block 16 today, and had no problems and the atmosphere was very good.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like they should be in the JSB bit and not singers corner.

I saw more idiots this evening being picky over having the exact seat on their ticket, despite buying on the night ang getting the tickets they were given.
if they don't sit in them, they sit in somebody else's. A fair few tonight sat in the wrong seats by me. I got there and was about 6 seats out

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

OK people's opinion please...

So my friends and I have sat, or not as the case may be, in our seats for 5 seasons (-1 at Sixfields) and deliberately choose our seats so we can stand to watch games. We have never been asked to sit, by another fan or stewards until tonight when a lad with his dad sat behind us and moaned about us standing. I argued my point about having had our seats there for several years, and despite him asking us not to be 'cunts' I respectfully sat during the game, because ultimately he's right, it is an all seater stadium. However our seats are five-ish rows from the back and on the right hand side of the scoreboard... so if you go to games you would know most people stand round there. Surely if you buy tickets in certain areas you can expect to stand... right?

I know in the grand scheme of things this a nothing post, but seriously I was a bit pissed about it and feel the need to vent!

You sound a decent enough person and that person sounds like a bit of an egg. Yes, he's technically correct but it's comparable to the morons that for their holidays, book to stay in an 18-30s hotel and then complain about the noise.

Surely everyone knows that if you pick 15-17, it's highly likely you'll be standing. If not, open your eyes!

westofrayne

I believe Palace have the right attitude, 1 area of the ground is dedicated to their "ultras", it advertise by the club and fans in that area are encouraged to stand and make as much noise as possible. The answer to this issue is simple, make block 15-16 simular, so when people want tickets in the area it can be explained what is going on. I think we need to encourage as much singing as possible in that area, maybe time for a large flag as well.

I do agree the guy is right but he also could of moved, but maybe he wanted to sample the atmosphere there.

Crowds are improving, and long may it continue, so maybe its something the club need to look at, its readyily called singers corner by the club so maybe they advertise it as a noisey fan area (cant say standing as It will be closed by H&S brigade) so people know.

Warwickhunt

Why should they be in the JSB section?
absoloutly right juggernaut it's bad enough with all the kids running about and adults going to the toilet 3/4 times without having people standing in the family area

Nick

Administrator
I think anybody who calls themselves ultras should be having a word with.themselves.

There wasn't too much room to move today, if he paid on the gate he may have just sat where he was given

SkyBlueRuffian

There was a group of youths standing in the gangway between 15 & 16 throughout the second half, surely it's the stewards jobs to make sure gangways are clear so people can get in and out etc.
Seems like they turn a blind eye at every home game.

ceetee

I have no problem with people standing if that's the accepted culture of the area, but last night there were people in the JSB area who stood every time there was some action. Surely when there are young kids around you should have more respect and stay in your seats.

hill83

As you've said, technically he was right. But you would be expecting to stand where you are. Ultimately the outcome depends on how many beers you've had.

ajsccfc

I don't like when people all crowd by the exits once injury time hits, they're blocking the people sat behind and people actually trying to leave.

skybluejelly

the problem is once the person in front of you stands you have no option but to stand yourself to see whats happening, so I blame the people right at the front;)

Ashdown

You sound a decent enough person and that person sounds like a bit of an egg. Yes, he's technically correct but it's comparable to the morons that for their holidays, book to stay in an 18-30s hotel and then complain about the noise.

Surely everyone knows that if you pick 15-17, it's highly likely you'll be standing. If not, open your eyes!

Spot on, unless you haven't been for the last 5 years or more you will know that this is where the hardcore support make all the noise and are likely to stand, especially at the back. I prefer to be a couple of blocks across where I can join in with the atmosphere and spring up and down according to the way things are going.

chiefdave

Why would you not sit in your allocated seat? When it was half empty obviously people could move around but now its pretty full if people start sitting in the wrong seat it has a knock on effect. If people want to sit someone in particular buy a ticket for that seat!

I don't like when people all crowd by the exits once injury time hits, they're blocking the people sat behind and people actually trying to leave.

That should be sorted by the stewards I would have through. At other grounds they don't let you block the exits for H&S reasons.

Johnnythespider

Could you not have offered them two of your seats and stood behind them ?

Mr pot

Even though I go 9/10 games I don't have a season ticket, I sometimes book online or pay on the gate.

Last night was rammed in that stand. Had to take a punt where to sit and geezer next to me said we'd taken up season ticket holders seats. So that was awkward but there was fuck all else. Anyway these apparent people never showed up.

It felt like a massive cluster Fuck. The gate didn't even give us tickets when we paid. I miss all the freedom of choice of seats in previous seasons

If there was a allocated standing area I'd go there all the time. Would be so much better

chiefdave

The gate didn't even give us tickets when we paid.

Wasn't Waggot supposed to be sorting this. The only reason I can think of to not give out the tickets is they aren't registering a sale and are pocketing the cash.

bringbackrattles

I queued up as I paid on the gate missing the first ten minutes and ended up in the corner by the closed Telegraph stand.It was okay but I like to stand but it was too packed last night to squeeze my way in at the Singers Corner section.Never thought I'd say this but it was better with crap gates as you could sit/stand wherever you liked. Only kidding the more the merrier !

rupert_bear

They need to open another block, either block 14 or the end block in the closed stand. As for standing no problem but you have to be reasonable if by standing a kid behind can't see them you have to sit

Specs WT-R75

They need to open another block, either block 14 or the end block in the closed stand. As for standing no problem but you have to be reasonable if by standing a kid behind can't see them you have to sit

I think B14 would be the last block they would put on sale until it was getting very close to sold out - they will open up blocks in the North Stand as needed (like with Crewe game). It's basically unreserved seating in the section to the left of the scoreboard...

Anyway yeah, annoying that you had someone behind you that wanted to sit. He probably didn't choose his seat - JSB area is probably sold out as well so what can he do, other than ask in a more polite manner :p

I've heard a few rumblings from the H&S brigade that are complaining to the club that the lack of space is dangerous and someone is going to get hurt, but ffs what if it was a sell out... I think it has been 100% the right move by the club to shut the North - the atmosphere has been better than every game bar 1 last year.

rupert_bear

But you have to say and I don't like to Wasps had a full house for the Leicester Tigers match with what appeared to be little problems, plenty of refreshment bars open too

Covstu

I must admit i prefer to stand but you have to respect other people's right to sit also and as we dont have a 'standing' area then your screwed. I think they could have used a degree of common sense and moved but hey thats life.

skybluejelly

But you have to say and I don't like to Wasps had a full house for the Leicester Tigers match with what appeared to be little problems, plenty of refreshment bars open too

the difference is in rugby they can take there alcohol back to there seats ,when football is on everyone stands around the bar area making it even busier during halftime, like people have said before sit in the seat you are allocated problem solved, if you want to sit with your mates buy a ticket earlier or get a season ticket..personally I always sit on the end of an isle for the extra room ( being a fat git) and if someone is in my lardy arse seat I ask them to move..we managed quite well also when we sold out as everyone sat in there allocated seat

torchomatic

I like standing too, but when I take my lad with me away (It's OK at home) it does piss me off when people block his view. As Stu said, you have to respect others views. I wouldn't stand up in front of a child for example and block his view. Common sense.

skyblueinBaku

I like standing too, but when I take my lad with me away (It's OK at home) it does piss me off when people block his view. As Stu said, you have to respect others views. I wouldn't stand up in front of a child for example and block his view. Common sense.

Sadly, Torch, common sense is becoming less and less common.

bringbackrattles

Remember all the hassle about fans all over the country standing up when their team were attacking etc ? We had loads of arguments at the Ricoh too with many supporters complaining they couldn't watch the match when someone wanted to keep standing.
It seems to be coming back this season so why don't they do what they do in Germany and have a section which is for standing only ? I prefer to stand but so far this season at the Ricoh have only managed it once at the Crewe game,and the other games had to sit down.There's plenty of empty spaces now behind both goals so why not try it out ?

oakey

It's an all seater stadium and you can't stand, sorry.
I agree they should provide a standing area but they don't so sorry again.
If you stand you force others to stand. Many of our fans are children, women, short people, semi-disabled people with bad backs etc who cannot stand for 90+ minutes any more. I am one of these who is in some discomfort the next day every time I attend an away match in which you stand due to others standing, no choice.
Sorry again but sit down or be ejected in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread