Stewards at the CCFC-WBA game (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

For the FA Cup game they ran out of tickets and directed us into block 33 - sit where you like

Adge

Seen a video now (no sound) of people arguing with stewards.

Were they just moving them out of a particular block? Both games I just sat in a random seat and had no issues.
Sit in your allocated seat next time or I'll report you too the safety officer via the Stewards!:emoji_punch: :emoji_grimacing:

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
It's not a two way street though being a football supporter is it. Call a player a wanker the whole match but if they cup their ear back when they score all hell breaks loose.

Just reminds me of the kid (was always at least 1) at school who would be an absolute bellend and give it loads, then as soon as they got a bit back it would be:

a. Tell the teacher.
b. Cry.
c. Tell everybody they are going to get their older brother / cousin to come down.

Don't get it, if people are going to stand there and give another person loads of shit then expect a bit back. If it is going to make the person cry, maybe don't give it.

There was a guy on Sunday who kept giving Biamou shit but then kept shitting himself when he turned round and pretended to be on his phone.

Hobo

It's not a two way street though being a football supporter is it. Call a player a wanker the whole match but if they cup their ear back when they score all hell breaks loose.

Not with me mate...are you suggesting some fans aren't on the two way street when I am suggesting they should be?

hill83

Just reminds me of the kid (was always at least 1) at school who would be an absolute bellend and give it loads, then as soon as they got a bit back it would be:

a. Tell the teacher.
b. Cry.
c. Tell everybody they are going to get their older brother / cousin to come down.

Don't get it, if people are going to stand there and give another person loads of shit then expect a bit back. If it is going to make the person cry, maybe don't give it.

There was a guy on Sunday who kept giving Biamou shit but then kept shitting himself when he turned round and pretended to be on his phone.

It's just the culture within football and why we can't have nice things like beer in the stands like the rugby lot. It is what it is though.

Hobo

It's just the culture within football and why we can't have nice things like beer in the stands like the rugby lot. It is what it is though.

You are right it is what it is though....But that doesn't mean that it is right or can't be changed. A minority of bell ends have ruined football for spectators for years
Most are only big in a group, put them on their own and a bunch of cry babies.

CJ_covblaze

We paid on the gate last night and were told by one of the stewards that we HAD to sit in the right block for our tickets. Apparently the stadium safety officer has insisted on it to the stewards and he'd had a real bee in his bonnett about it. Had a bit of a chat to the steward and he told us that they had no choice but to do what they were told as the safety officer called the shots and the club had little or no say in what went on at all. I think that the stewards were as pissed off about enforcing pointlees rules as the fans were.

Bang on the money. I wouldn’t work for him. Full credit to anyone that will.

Hobo

We paid on the gate last night and were told by one of the stewards that we HAD to sit in the right block for our tickets. Apparently the stadium safety officer has insisted on it to the stewards and he'd had a real bee in his bonnett about it. Had a bit of a chat to the steward and he told us that they had no choice but to do what they were told as the safety officer called the shots and the club had little or no say in what went on at all. I think that the stewards were as pissed off about enforcing pointlees rules as the fans were.

The thing is it sounds simple doesn't it when hardly anybody is there. But you get a few more and a few more....and people say they are in my seat and every complaint is a problem for the stewards to sort out. So you either have allocation or the first to arrive gets to choose. Then of course you have from a segregation and crowd control and safety point of view, you want the fans located together and not spread out all over the place.

It depends who's common sense you are using.

Hobo

I know it might not be popular, but what was the issue with moving along a bit?

It's a bit like some drivers Nick, plenty of time to get on the horn blowing but not enough time to ease on the brakes. They have just hit a roundabout at 60mph off a 40mph dual carriageway going into a 30mph zone, but they had to brake for someone pulling out? Everyone else is a shit driver in their book.

Cavan O'Doherty

The thing is it sounds simple doesn't it when hardly anybody is there. But you get a few more and a few more....and people say they are in my seat and every complaint is a problem for the stewards to sort out. So you either have allocation or the first to arrive gets to choose. Then of course you have from a segregation and crowd control and safety point of view, you want the fans located together and not spread out all over the place.

It depends who's common sense you are using.
How can anyone see an issue with sitting where you want when there's 1,400 people in the ground. Stewards just causing a problem that wasn't there before.

Adge

How can anyone see an issue with sitting where you want when there's 1,400 people in the ground. Stewards just causing a problem that wasn't there before.
Oh be quiet and go and sit in your allocated seat!

Nick

Administrator
Keep saying there were 1,400 in a 32,000 doesn't really work. Only the one stand was open and that has the dugouts, directors bit and the bit where the players sit behind the box. If everybody tried to cram into one block it would get a bit messy. It's not as if the whole stadium was open.

I don't see a massive issue with people sitting where they want, but on the other hand I don't see a massive issue with moving down a couple of blocks and just sitting there if asked.

I've seen the video now, it's a bit special. One lad trying not to cry on his scarf. If they had anything about them they would just agree to it, go to the bogs and change swap coats with their mate then go back to the next block and edge their way down through the game.

Hobo

Yep sit where you like it’s stupid when there’s only 1400 people there

So the same applies when it is a sell out and someone has nicked your good seat and you are left with a restricted view?

Seats are allocated or they are not. In my experience if you want to move into empty seats ask first...it's normally allowed. But if not what is wrong with your original seat? If something is wrong with it justify it rather than just be obstinate.

I have had loads of occasions where people have tried to intimidate me out of a good seat seat because they want to be with their mates. Sorry jog on.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

As much as I would love to blame this on SISU and/or Slade, I've got to say that the stewards were purely being instructed by the bloke on the other end of the walkie talkie. It's alright for him sat up in the office with a paper and a brew but he made several stewards look like jobsworths and morons. Appears that we're not just short of money at The Ricoh Arena, we're also short of common sense too!

Nick

Administrator
I especially enjoy the telegraph trying to blame the club by constantly pointing out the Club employ the stewards... whilst grudgingly accepting that wasps control them - Gilbert must really hate that story

What they usually do when they can't blame the club is include loads of quotes that do blame the club to give that impression ;)

Liquid Gold

Nobody was kicking off though, there were no people complaining others were in their seats everybody was just happily watching the game and the stewards came in and caused trouble. I dare say if they calmly explained that they were trying to keep everyone together so they could close a block and keep costs down then the people sat there would have moved. It was the tone more than the request that made it get so heated.

mds

Stadium safety officer is a bellend with absolutely no idea about football or football fans according to one steward on sunday afternoon, the bloke is used to dealing with crowds and large gatherings but dosnt have a clue when it comes to football and the mentallity of a football fan, the stewards words not mine. He (the steward) pointed out a couple of over reactions by the man upstairs in previous games where fans were just being fans and he sent in droves of stewards, response squads and police to stop normal footy fan behaviour. What we as fans and the stewards used to watching football and the behaviour of fans get and understand, the stadium safety officer sat in his box overlooking everything dosnt have a clue.

Users who are viewing this thread