Striker Update (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

So we won't be ready for Wigan then in my opinion. I see why he his saying but he seems to have given up until clubs come back off their tours. By then it's Wigan at home.

Not great imo

CCFC_Charlie

Extremely disappointing news given how tricky a start we have. Could easily be well off the pace before we've even got a squad together.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
if we lose our next 2 friendly's be serious pressure to get new players in i know his hands are tied because of sisu but wont give us confidence going into the wigan game.

runner

This is what I expected sadly ... no surprise and hence why I didn't renew the ST ... Mowbray I have faith in ... SISU are doing the usual, different season, different manager but same S**T in the litter tray.

LJC_CCFC

He's hopeful of getting new strikers in before the Wigan game.

Nowhere in that article has he said: "SISU have fucked me here, we've no chance of signing new players"

We've done good business so far, but these things can take time.

Samo

This is what I expected sadly ... no surprise and hence why I didn't renew the ST ... Mowbray I have faith in ... SISU are doing the usual, different season, different manager but same S**T in the litter tray.

Rubbish. This has nothing to do with SISU, he has a budget and he is choosing to wait for the players he wants. Get a grip man.

lifelongcityfan

i have confidence in mowbray and am not despairing yet. However, we have the same shit every year...trying hard, no stones unturned etc etc

Kingokings204

I don't think it's all sisu. We can blame mowbray sometimes he ain't without some blame.

This seems to be tony mowbrays choice and if we lose our opening 5 games in August then that would be mowbrays fault not sisu.

kg82

He's hopeful of getting new strikers in before the Wigan game.

Nowhere in that article has he said: "SISU have fucked me here, we've no chance of signing new players"

We've done good business so far, but these things can take time.

Come on, you should know what happens by now!

chiefdave

I must be reading a different article to you lot. The one I can see on the CT site says no new striker before the Cambridge friendly on Tuesday but he is 'pretty confident' in making a signing before the first game of the season.

Nowhere do i see a mention of starting the season without a striker or SISU going back on any promises they've made to him.

If anything things are looking more positive than when he spoke about this before. He was saying we wouldn't be signing a striker and would have to get them in on loan which would mean they most likely wouldn't be here for the first new games of the season, now he seems positive that we will have someone in earlier.

LJC_CCFC

I must be reading a different article to you lot. The one I can see on the CT site says no new striker before the Cambridge friendly on Tuesday but he is 'pretty confident' in making a signing before the first game of the season.

Nowhere do i see a mention of starting the season without a striker or SISU going back on any promises they've made to him.

If anything things are looking more positive than when he spoke about this before. He was saying we wouldn't be signing a striker and would have to get them in on loan which would mean they most likely wouldn't be here for the first new games of the season, now he seems positive that we will have someone in earlier.

You clearly haven't got your negativity glasses on Dave.

chiefdave

This seems to be tony mowbrays choice

He's publicly stated that he'd rather wait and get the right player at the right price than rush into things or pay over the odds. Maybe people are expecting too much, for me a season with a comfortable top half finish will be a big improvement. So long as I can see us progressing I'll be happy. I'd rather build for a promotion push next season than rush into things and mess it up.

chinamans view

The striker he is after is not a free agent then, he must wait until the club they are with at present say he can leave, That's what TM is really saying.

armybike

This is all SISU's fault! [/sarcasm]

TM has got this shit covered. Nuff said.

mrtrench

I don't think it's all sisu. We can blame mowbray sometimes he ain't without some blame.

This seems to be tony mowbrays choice and if we lose our opening 5 games in August then that would be mowbrays fault not sisu.

Why do you need to blame anyone for him being confident of having two or three lined up to join before the Wigan game? Is 'blame' your favourite word at the moment? Mine is 'onanism'.

Grendel

hill83

People are physically bursting at the seems to dive on some negative news. Worms.

And this isn't even negative. What a life.

Last edited:

chiefdave

true he has a budget but its so bad look how long its taking to get players

We've told he had a budget in the top 8 in the league. Jan from the trust has confirmed the trust were shown documents from the FL showing this to be true. TM has said he will not rush into signings and would rather wait than overspend to make best use of the budget he has.

We've also paid a fee for a player and TM has said we may also pay a fee for other players.

The likes of Reda and Ricketts won't be bargain basement players in terms of wages in this division.

How have you come to the conclusion that he has a bad budget?

simonregis

Many on here wanted Turgey to sign. Many want the youngsters to have a go. So we do have strikers. We need more I agree but the ones we have should be given a chance

chiefdave

Many want the youngsters to have a go.

The problem with the likes of Maddison is expecting them to play all season but I don't think it would be a problem for him to play 3 or 4 games at the start of the season before a loan striker comes in.

ccfcway

Many on here wanted Turgey to sign. Many want the youngsters to have a go. So we do have strikers. We need more I agree but the ones we have should be given a chance

who are these "many" that want the youngsters to have a go. All I can see is a lot of people correctly saying we need to be cautious with G Thomas, Maddison etc and not put too much expectation on their shoulders too early on.

How many games in would it be before people would be critising Thomas if he started as a 1st choice striker this season. We cant, won't and shouldn't be relying on them this season.

The odd start, sub appearance etc and go from there.

Grendel

if it wasnt so bad he would have a better wage budget to get in better players faster can offer more money

He's got a top 8 budget. He is refusing to sign the first thing that moves. Guess you got really excited when we jumped in offering Malaga and Edjuingele long deals.

chiefdave

TM said:
As I've mentioned recently and our pre-season games have shown, there are still areas of the squad I would like to add to before the start of the new season, particularly in the forward areas.

We're currently working on a number of deals to help strengthen our squad before the start of the season and fire us up the league.

In football, the club's budget and the calibre of player you bring in depends on the revenue it generates and Season Tickets have been a huge factor in resourcing our playing budget.

We'd like to continue to bring in a high calibre of player and this would definitely be helped by yourself committing to us for the 2015/16 season. It is going to be a real team effort and for us to be successful, we need you to join us on this journey.

Pretty clear message there.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
He's got a top 8 budget. He is refusing to sign the first thing that moves. Guess you got really excited when we jumped in offering Malaga and Edjuingele long deals.

I never said that, ya top 8 budget and fair dues for holding out what im saying is he cant compete with teams like wigan for transfers when a top player is available early in the window, i think 80% of people knew malaga and edge would be rubbish when they were signed inc myself smart ass.

Grendel

I never said that, ya top 8 budget and fair dues for holding out what im saying is he cant compete with teams like wigan for transfers when a top player is available early in the window, i think 80% of people knew malaga and edge would be rubbish when they were signed inc myself smart ass.

Wigan have a £30 million plus budget - FFS

chiefdave

Wigan have a £30 million plus budget - FFS

I can imagine the same people moaning about the budget would be up in arms if, when the accounts get files, we're made a loss of over £25m due to overspending on the player budget.

ccfcway

In other news

Scunthorpe have just signed Darius Henderson.

Him and Paddy Madden up top is a decent pairing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

true he has a budget but its so bad look how long its taking to get players

That's Mowbrays choice, maybe we should have signed Shaun Miller and Josh Mcquoid instead? Mowbray is a much cleverer man than his predecessor and he won't panic sign players to make up the numbers or feel pressured into signing players just to appease the fans.

Getting in quality attacking players is much more difficult than getting quality defensive players so its no surprise it is taking longer.

I suspect by the time Wigan match comes we will have signed Lamieras, one permanent striker and maybe a permanent winger. Any other additions will likely be loans which won't come probably until a few weeks after the season has began.

Users who are viewing this thread