suarez incident (1 Viewer)

Evans1883

pretty much clears it up , throw the book at him

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This angle of the Suarez bite is truly extraordinary. Great player, but utter lunatic... &gt; <a href="http://t.co/MxVxAoLTn2">http://t.co/MxVxAoLTn2</a></p>&mdash; Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) <a href="https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/statuses/481669884662022144">June 25, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Evans1883

sorry guys you will have to copy and paste the link in your browser , the best angle of the incident , again sorry the link isnt clickable

paulw

Suarez takes the 'I love to bite into a big Italian' to a whole new limit. All he needs next is to bite into a chinese and I'd agree he has good taste.

Otis

For the last bleedin time, he didn't do it!!

It's a conspiracy, just a clash of a shoulder, a photoshop job and an old bite mark from years ago.

Otis

Besdies,

Suarez is now safe to play against in future.

external

turlykerd

The ur -a- gay- an press asked Suarez if he did actually bite the Italian and he answered ...

Woof woof bark grrrrrrrrrrrr ....

^^^^ sorry ^^^^^lol

SkyblueBazza

I believe he has been quoted as saying "can't see what all the fuss is about...these things happen in Fooball"

They certainly do to you Louis...oh & the three guys you bit of course.

PUSB

J

Jack Griffin

This is a brilliant vid, Suarez plays subuteo..
[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/55ACD0E72E1093553318225154048_2d6e93fb5d4.0.4.5327 21471986501569.mp4?versionId=vtxBPfDDD6h6d9H_dqeRI GNTBLhYiUVk[/video]

Paxman II

he must be banned from the next world cup and international football for 5 years.
At club level it's more difficult...why should Liverpool suffer losing their best player?
In this instance I think a fine commensurate with his wages would do the trick. That would be say a years salary and no signing on fee or 10% of any transfer. That would hurt but be advantages to Liverpool in selling him on. fairs fair.

Terry Gibson's perm

A long ban as an international around 5 years as has been mentioned, his lawyer should be banned from football for all the rubbish he comes out with and I would throw Uruguay out and give the team against them a bye to the next round.

Otis

BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"

Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"

BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"

Lugano:
"No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."

BBC:
"Why is Fifa investigating Suarez then?"

Lugano:
"I don't know. As far as I know."

Otis

Think this is the worst thing in all this. Not that he did it, depsite clear evidence, but that he has denied he did it (though if it went to court it would be a 100% nailed on conviction) and that his team mates, his captain, his manager, his lawyer, the Uruguayan press and the Uruguayan county also say nothing happend or what he did was not important.

:facepalm:

Someone actually said Balotelli's sending off was worse. That is just such a ridiculously clueless thing to say.

Otis

Uruguay president, Jose Mujica.

Mujica, 79, a former guerrilla fighter and political prisoner, added that Fifa should not use television evidence to retrospectively punish players.

Chiellini pulled down his shirt to display what appear to be bite marks on his shoulder .

"I didn't see him bite anyone and, in football, I was taught that you obey what the referee says," Mujica said.

"If we're going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you'd have to give that weren't given, so bad luck."

Mujica said the striker should be judged solely on his football ability and questioned why he should be held up as a behavioural role model.

"We didn't choose him to be a philosopher, or a mechanic, or to have good manners," he said. "He's a great player."

Yes, and a cheating lying twat.

I see in the latest news that FIFA failed to reach a verdict yesterday. :facepalm:

SkyBlue_Bear83

He only apologised last time as Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool forced him to, otherwise he probably would have denied that also. Uruguay have no class as a nation, that was always known.

Covstu

As an opposition player playing against him you would target him to get a reaction as he will clearly do this again. I really hope FIFA do not brush this under the carpet and he gets to play the rest of the tournament. He is a fantastic player no doubt but a friggin liability.

I think they need to set a very strong example here and punish him for a long period of time both in domestic and international.

Otis

This dithering by FIFA (not being able yet to agree on whether he is guilty/how severely he should be punished) doesn't look too promising does it.

Head moves to shoulder, quick knee jerk type reaction of jaw by purpetrator, following which, defendant is seen to have bite marks on the exact area where the movement took place.

The prosecution rests m'lud.

Otis

4 months from now? While there is still another 2 months until the season starts?

okay, just clocked. Misses the first 9 Premiership games.

Otis

Yeah, tis a bit pathetic, but just imagine the length of ban he would have got if he had have actually bitten him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

4 months from now? While there is still another 2 months until the season starts?

okay, just clocked. Misses the first 9 Premiership games.

Yea 4 months from now, so he is back at the end of October.

Apparently the ban doesn't just mean matches, he isn't allowed to take part in any training sessions/preseason or enter any football stadium within that time also. Some people are also claiming it means he can't transfer clubs within the 4 months also but I'm unsure if that is true or not.

Marty

Pathetic, what did we you expect from corrupt FIFA?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I reckon its about right when compared to other world cup incidents.....

Zidane only got a 2 game ban for his final headbutt, and Schumacher got handed a goal kick as his punishment for knocking Battiston out with a flying punch...

Terry Gibson's perm

He should appeal but when found guilty again the international ban should be made a life ban let's see if he appeals then.

I do think this is a bit harsh on Liverpool as when he was banned for them last year he could still play internationals!

mark82

I don't get why everyone in Uruguay thinks biting someone is ok. I'm glad that in this country we would still know it was wrong even if it was our star player. I feel like going over to Uruguay and randomly biting people, ser if they think it's ok then.

Otis

Don't like to be harsh, but they do come across as a bit of a medieval, pretty dumb nation. Or at least a nation with a lot of dumb conspiratorial tendencies

Reaction to the ban;

"I don't want to get into conspiracy theories, but it seems that FIFA isn't interested in letting small countries such as Uruguay advance," said 62-year-old lawyer Andres Ramirez.

Local media have lashed out at a British-led 'manhunt' against him, and even leftist president Jose Mujica spoke up for Suarez to be left alone.

"What is incomprehensible is the vitriol with which the English press, in particular, have gone after the Uruguayan. Far worse things have happened on the pitch, even where English players are concerned," said Uruguayan Andreas Campomar, author of Golazo! A History of Latin American Football.

"For many Latin Americans the ban will have wider repercussions. It will be construed as the usual high-handedness Europe employs in relation to Latin America. A case of one rule for them and one rule for us."

What English player has done worse than bite someone? And anyway, biting surely is the lowest of the low. Can only think spitting in someone's face is on par. What is worse?

mark82

Biting worse than spitting but both are disgusting.

It's not just the bite, it's that it is the third time he has done it. The problem is that the people around him are enabling him.

turlykerd

I think a bite is similar to an elbow OR punch as far as violent conduct but as low as spitting, the thing is, its alot more obvious as a pre meditated moved and impossible to pass off as" whoops I was watching the ball ref"
As far as a 4 month ban, I feel its about right,
I would like to see the little fuck castrated and have his massive chipmunk teeth extracted too, and be forced to wear a Hannibal lectur mask whilst smearing his naked body in gravy and letting starving dogs on him. To see how much "of a nothing incident"biting is to him

Users who are viewing this thread