suarez incident (1 Viewer)

wingy

I think he's more cynical than we realise and this helps devalue himself which aids a higher wage package when he moves for less .

Assuming someone wants him ,but then Liverpool did.

Sure there will be takers .

Fits the mode of problem player a la Nasri ,Annelka etc .

turlykerd

He does remind me of a WWE villain though...

I thought Honduras was going to be the dirty turds of the tournament but ur-a-gay have stepped up brilliantly

Congratulations ur-a-gay .... Your whole country has proved from president down , that your all a bunch of stupid cheating lowlife turds !!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't like to be harsh, but they do come across as a bit of a medieval, pretty dumb nation. Or at least a nation with a lot of dumb conspiratorial tendencies

Reaction to the ban;

"I don't want to get into conspiracy theories, but it seems that FIFA isn't interested in letting small countries such as Uruguay advance," said 62-year-old lawyer Andres Ramirez.

Local media have lashed out at a British-led 'manhunt' against him, and even leftist president Jose Mujica spoke up for Suarez to be left alone.

"What is incomprehensible is the vitriol with which the English press, in particular, have gone after the Uruguayan. Far worse things have happened on the pitch, even where English players are concerned," said Uruguayan Andreas Campomar, author of Golazo! A History of Latin American Football.

"For many Latin Americans the ban will have wider repercussions. It will be construed as the usual high-handedness Europe employs in relation to Latin America. A case of one rule for them and one rule for us."

What English player has done worse than bite someone? And anyway, biting surely is the lowest of the low. Can only think spitting in someone's face is on par. What is worse?

What do you expect from them, apparently in Uruguay they use racism as a term of affection according to Suarez.

Deluded, the lot of them.

Covstu

so he gets the rest of the summer off and then starts to league before Christmas! Liverpool must be relieved.

turlykerd

I've just read that not only Barcelona want him but real Madrid have offered €80 million.

That's insane. And ill bet Liverpool will fight to keep him too.

If he acted like this in a bar he would be inside by now.

Otis

I've just read that not only Barcelona want him but real Madrid have offered €80 million.

That's insane. And ill bet Liverpool will fight to keep him too.

If he acted like this in a bar he would be inside by now.

£80m?

They can bite me!

Johnnythespider

I believe there is a youtube clip of him as a baby, biting his older brothers finger, he can be seen laughing while his brother protests, " ow Suarez bit me, that hurt Suarez "

Otis

Incredible this stat.

Luis Suarez has now been banned for 34 games since 2010 without receiving a single red card.

Think the Italian defender's assessment was the truest so far, when he called Suarez a sneak. this just shows everything to be underhand, behind the refs back etc. I reckon he knows exactly what he's doing most of the time.

turlykerd

Incredible this stat.

Luis Suarez has now been banned for 34 games since 2010 without receiving a single red card.

Think the Italian defender's assessment was the truest so far, when he called Suarez a sneak. this just shows everything to be underhand, behind the refs back etc. I reckon he knows exactly what he's doing most of the time.

That is incredible

CJ_covblaze

FIFA should take note of the sanctions the ICC have handed to players recently. Several year bans and lifetime bans for all forms of the game, both international and national. Why not ban him for life and hit him with a huge fine?

I've heard some say it's not as bad as a leg breaking tackle. The difference is, most leg breaking tackles involve a genuine attempt to get the ball, some actually get it. There is no excuse for biting, diving, racism, doping, corruption, homophobia, spitting, head butting, punching, deliberate unavoidable handball, deliberately attempting to injury a player with an elbow, feet (different to above) or any other part of the body, etc. Anyone that does any of those deserves everything they get imo. Suarez has five of those charges (biting, racism, punching, handball, diving) to his name. Three counts for one, a very high number of another. What will he do next?

Last edited:

wingy

Whoever buys him will get him for a fraction of what it could have been..

He Is no mug ,he wants a move and will get one and wages will be bigger because of this.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
C'mon you super Reds!! :claping hands:

Covstu

Didn't Rio get about a 9 month ban for failing to turn up to a drugs test and then he gets 4 for this! Crazy!

Otis

I see he has gone home to a hero's welcome. Flags flying and people clapping and cheering him in the street and he is full of smiles.

It is no wonder he keeps on doing these things. There needs to be world wide condamnation of this sort of thing otherwise he's going to just keep on doing it again anad again and again.

He's a lying, cheating, diving, biting little shit and a complete and utter hero who can do no wrong?

Talk about mixed messages.

Terry Gibson's perm

If the English speaking press are as powerful as they believe in Uruguay Blatter would have gone years ago, this event is now taking over the whole world cup and spoiling it.

Otis

It is.

Was just thinking though, if you were an alcoholic and lots of people told you, you were an alcoholic, but then all your friends and family said no, you weren't and alcoholic, who would you believe?

While people around him (friends, fellow players, family, Uuguayan citizens, media) stick up for him and say he's done no wrong, he's going to keep doing this sort of thing over and over again isn't he?

You also now have to question his sincerity of his previous apology too. You can only assume when that happend that his friends and family back in Uruguay totally thought he did nothing wrong then either. Well if they backed him last time and still considered him a hero and biting Ivanovic was 'no big deal,' then why apologise? Biting Chiellini was apparently no big deal, so you would have to think in Suarez's mind, biting Ivanovic was no big deal either,

Can only assume it was totally down to Liverpool in making him apologise and Suarez didn't mean a single word of it. If he thinks he did nothing wrong this time, then surely he must have felt in himself that he did nothing wrong last time. Or indeed, pretty much on any occasion. Get the feeling he always considers himself a victim.

Without psychological helps he's going to keep reoffending and when you have his fellow players and the Uruguyan people and even their president completely backing him, then you have to think there is no hope.

I get the feeling that Suarez is never sorry for anything he has done and pretty much has the same viewpoint on things as his fellow compatriate Barbara Giodano, who came out with the immortal line "We needed to win, so if you have to hit you hit, if you have to bite you bite!" And that's coming from a law student!!

Last edited:

Otis

That's an unbelievable statement.

"I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent," wrote Suarez in his defence to Fifa. "At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth."

Absolute bollocks. Quite clearly intent to bite. If he didn't even admit his guilt and came out with that claptrap as his defence, then I'm surprised his sentence wasn't for even longer.

The only way he can move on as a footballer is if he admits what he's done and gets therapy or treatment or whatever it takes to stop him reoffending.

Unfortunately someone out there will pay a lot of money for him and we'll all just sit here and await the next incident to come along.

skybluejelly

It's almost like the little Britain sketches where David walliams is an mp ... " I was bending down naked and it was at that moment I accidentally backed on to his naked penis". He should get an extra month for the piss poor excuse

Otis

He's promised it will never happen again, so maybe I think FIFA should rescind the ban then and let him play on for both club and country.

Users who are viewing this thread