Transfer Rumour Summer 2024 (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

The reality is if someone would sign Dasilva you’d snatch their hand off and get him off a long contract whereas Bidwell is a steady consistent performer who can be a good squad player at championship level.

It’s exactly that. Reality suggests we’re going to have to move Bidwell on if we’re looking to bring in a first choice, even though it would be far more preferable to ship out Dasilva.

I think we need to put a stop to Viveash having any involvement in recruitment!

Hobo

so you’re basing it on the play off final?

No the whole season. This season started with only Wilson and McFadz(who has since left) from last season's defensive unit. Plus Wright, Simms, Sakamoto and Torp have been added to the midfield and attack.

Kelly has hardly been available as usual unfortunately. That leaves Wilson, Godden, Sheaf, Palmer, O'Hare, Eccles and Allen from last year. Hardly last year's team is it? The biggest factor is the whole defence is new and needed to bed in.

shmmeee

so there’s a lot of talk about this year being a ‘rebuild’ for various reasons

What I don’t understand is why, when we only lost two players of note did we have to rebuild the whole squad to go again? well, I say two, we also didn’t have the foresight to go after McNally with any gusto so he signed for a team now threatened with relegation instead, and Doyle, who to be honest was easily replaceable

if we had signed a top quality centre forward and box to box midfielder with the cash, and someone like MVE & Liam Kitching (or made more of an attempt with McNally), wouldn’t we have been in a similar / better place than last season? and yet we, for some reason, have signed more players but appear worse off 🤔

We lost way more than two players of note.

shmmeee

No the whole season. This season started with only Wilson and McFadz(who has since left) from last season's defensive unit. Plus Wright, Simms, Sakamoto and Torp have been added to the midfield and attack.

Kelly has hardly been available as usual unfortunately. That leaves Wilson, Godden, Sheaf, Palmer, O'Hare, Eccles and Allen from last year. Hardly last year's team is it? The biggest factor is the whole defence is new and needed to bed in.

And O’Hare wasn’t really here last season.

Hobo

He just makes this stuff up for players he doesn’t like. He’s been doing it with Palmer for ages and never answers where his info is from. Just trust me bro they’re on millions.

According to capology (no idea how's curate but seem reasonable figures for our players).
Dasilva is on £10,000 a week gross and Bidwell is on £9,231 a week gross.

The fact they are or potentially on a very similar wage doesn't suprise me.

shmmeee

According to capology (no idea how's curate but seem reasonable figures for our players).
Dasilva is on £10,000 a week gross and Bidwell is on £9,231 a week gross.

The fact they are or potentially on a very similar wage doesn't suprise me.

None of the salary sites are real.

Martin180

Come on so much at Peterborough, similar type of player to Sheaf in what he does, just not as good. Would be a very good squad option imo, him or Burrows. Although my first pick would be Kwame Poku
Burrows is very highly rated , would love to sign him

Grendel

Based on what?

He was on huge contract at Bristol and when expired their forum ITKs were saying he was offered £8k a week and wanted out. We wanted him in January and Pearson wanted rid but was trying to sign a Wimbledon left back as replacement ego didn’t go. Bidwell was to be shipped out to Birmingham but it all collapsed.

Grendel

He just makes this stuff up for players he doesn’t like. He’s been doing it with Palmer for ages and never answers where his info is from. Just trust me bro they’re on millions.

Palmers wages at Bristol aren’t even a debate as Pearson was happy to reveal it. Palmer turned Cardiff down as they couldn’t match his contracted wages remaining at Bristol which we did.

SBT

He was on huge contract at Bristol and when expired their forum ITKs were saying he was offered £8k a week and wanted out. We wanted him in January and Pearson wanted rid but was trying to sign a Wimbledon left back as replacement ego didn’t go. Bidwell was to be shipped out to Birmingham but it all collapsed.
What’s the evidence he was on a huge contract at Bristol? Is the Somerset Saddlebrains your source? Is Bidwell’s salary far less than ~£8k/week? Seems like a lot of conjecture here.

shmmeee

What’s the evidence he was on a huge contract at Bristol? Is the Somerset Saddlebrains your source? Is Bidwell’s salary far less than ~£8k/week? Seems like a lot of conjecture here.

He was confirmed on £20k/week at Brizzle, they were very open about not being able to afford it along with a few others. The idea that he’d get as much moving from Bristol for the cost of a years wages as he did going for £3.5m from Chelsea in a different economic climate is ludicrous. Even before you factor in it was Sisu signing the cheques.

Grendel

He was confirmed on £20k/week at Brizzle, they were very open about not being able to afford it along with a few others. The idea that he’d get as much moving from Bristol for the cost of a years wages as he did going for £3.5m from Chelsea in a different economic climate is ludicrous. Even before you factor in it was Sisu signing the cheques.

The same Sisu who signed off a contract for Martin Waghorn in excess of £12,000 a week and budgeted for a £16 million wage bill?

mmttww

Kypriannou looks like a good pick on paper.

Right age for a squad player with room to grow.

Sheaf, Eccles, Torp and him for two spots.

Doubt we'd find much better for around £1-2m.

ptr

Ugbo playing well tonight. I’ve decided we are signing him. Great signing. Knows Adi and apparently looks at him as a bit of a father figure. Rings him most evenings. Has even played for Barnsley so it’s a massive win for the recruitment team. To be revealed after play off final.

ProfessorbyGrace

Couple People on twitter suggesting this is the lad we've first dibs on at posh , heard anything @Saddlebrains

Every compilation I see these days simply has to have a shite song playing over it.

Aside from that, the lad looks useful. Big, strong, confident, good awareness and vision. 22 as well, so he fits the model.

long way home

Bournemouth are sniffing round as well as other championship teams. You can see why with his attributes and age, definitely our type of signing. 1.5 to 2 mill with a year left on his deal come summer you could see happening.

If he is earmarked then hope Doug has put some work in to get him in.

Users who are viewing this thread