Summer Sales (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Before we know it summer will be upon us - Very unlikely we will be celebrating a place in the premiership but what is more likely 2 or 3 of our players might be gone to pastures new - Possibly sales Viktor 8 to 10 million (rumoured we just turned down 6 million) Hamer 5 or 6 million - O’Hare 5 or 6 million possible total sales 20 million - where does that leave the likes of our management futures with our current business model- personally they need to change the business model if we want to keep our management structure in place when you look teams such as little Bournemouth 9,000 attendances spending for fun

SSB

Not a chance we'd get anywhere near £20m in sales from those three. Not in the immediate term anyway.

If he gets to 17/18 goals I think we could quite comfortably get £6m-ish for Gyokeres.

Given neither O'Hare or Hamer received definitive interest in January I find it hard to believe bids would suddenly be coming in for £5m. The club would more than likely accept for a lot less than you think.

Bertola

£6m for Viktor is nearly as bad as selling Wilson for £3m.

He's a full international, who's got a very good chance of getting 15+ goals this season and he's still only 23.

Karlan Grant went to West Brom for £15m after scoring 19, with 4 assists. That should be the benchmark

SlowerThanPlatt

He's a full international, who's got a very good chance of getting 15+ goals this season and he's still only 23.

Karlan Grant went to West Brom for £15m after scoring 19, with 4 assists. That should be the benchmark

Huddersfield had just been relegated from the Premier League. We need the money and our chief exec makes sure everybody knows it

lord_garrincha

Is there actually anyone within the club's management structure who has the experience & where-with-all to know the value of the market, and that of our key players, or is it more "Burnley are on the phone... WE'VE WON THE LOTTERY!!!"

NorthernWisdom

Wouldn't mind selling any for the right money and if it means we can invest it in higher quality players I'm all for it. That's the big question though, will sisu allow us to reinvest it.
Yep, I can even accept a proportion going towards running the club - it's how Charlton grew after all, make the club and team stronger by cashing in on individuals.

It is whether the club is allowed to grow, however...

Briles

Hamer will be most likely as his contract is up next year. I imagine any sale would be undisclosed anyway.

Skyblueweeman

Hamer will be most likely as his contract is up next year. I imagine any sale would be undisclosed anyway.

Agreed. If any of them go (I'm confident that all 3 would stay), I'd say Hamer would be the most likely as O'Hare has recently signed a new deal (if I recall correctly) and Gyo only signed at the beginning of this season.

SSB

We wouldn't get anywhere near £15m.

For starters our CEO hasn't got the negotiating ability to broker those kind of deals.

SSB

Agreed. If any of them go (I'm confident that all 3 would stay), I'd say Hamer would be the most likely as O'Hare has recently signed a new deal (if I recall correctly) and Gyo only signed at the beginning of this season.

Not sure how you can be confident when we're still having to take out loans despite our commercial revenue being the best its been in over a decade - not forgetting we likely have an instalment to pay for the EFL emergency loan we took out.

Sky Blue Pete

I mean he set a target for our best players of £5m - quite openly in the press I might add. Not a great starting point.

Also as a CEO he probably has one of the worst career backgrounds in the entirety of the Championship and has zero experience of brokering deals of that kind.

So probably based on that?
Who have we allowed to leave for no money and who have we paid over the odds for?

shmmeee

Not a chance we'd get anywhere near £20m in sales from those three. Not in the immediate term anyway.

If he gets to 17/18 goals I think we could quite comfortably get £6m-ish for Gyokeres.

Given neither O'Hare or Hamer received definitive interest in January I find it hard to believe bids would suddenly be coming in for £5m. The club would more than likely accept for a lot less than you think.

£6m for a 23 year old international striker who scored nearly 20 goals at Championship level??

Im glad you’re not in charge of negotiations.

SSB

Who have we allowed to leave for no money and who have we paid over the odds for?

What are you on about? Pushing arguments that are completely unrelated to my initial point just because the CEO lets you speak to him 5 minutes a month.

Embarrassing.

better days

I mean he set a target for our best players of £5m - quite openly in the press I might add. Not a great starting point.

Also as a CEO he probably has one of the worst career backgrounds in the entirety of the Championship and has zero experience of brokering deals of that kind.

So probably based on that?
The club would use an agent to represent them
Probably one of the big outfits

SlowerThanPlatt

Before we know it summer will be upon us - Very unlikely we will be celebrating a place in the premiership but what is more likely 2 or 3 of our players might be gone to pastures new - Possibly sales Viktor 8 to 10 million (rumoured we just turned down 6 million) Hamer 5 or 6 million - O’Hare 5 or 6 million possible total sales 20 million - where does that leave the likes of our management futures with our current business model- personally they need to change the business model if we want to keep our management structure in place when you look teams such as little Bournemouth 9,000 attendances spending for fun

Think Gyokeres is the only one who could command near that figure. Hamer not long left on contract and O’Hare not sure there’s a market for, mid table PL clubs are interested in Brennan Johnson, Lewis-Potter etc. All younger with more upside.

SSB

Looking at similar transfers you’d be talking £8-10m

It's difficult to say isn't it though as it entirely depends on who's after him and the amount of willpower we have to turn down bids.

Fair enough if you think 8-10m but I personally doubt it. I don't think it will be far off in all fairness.

shmmeee

It's difficult to say isn't it though as it entirely depends on who's after him and the amount of willpower we have to turn down bids.

Fair enough if you think 8-10m but I personally doubt it.

Put it this way, could be buy 20 goals and potential for improvement at this level for £6m? If not it’s not worth selling him for that.

I think we just have a habit of underestimating the value of our players. See all the “Maddison will never make it” posts.

The big thing would be whether it’s a Prem club or not.

OK he scored more last season but Armstrong is a year older and just went for £15m.

NorthernWisdom

Fair enough if you think 8-10m but I personally doubt it. I don't think it will be far off in all fairness.
What you don't get often is strong forwards who can hold the ball up, and also score goals. I'm not convinced his finishing is top drawer really, so not sure he'd do so well in that respect at the top level. I would however be disappointed if he went for less than £9mil, given his impact overall.

SSB

Put it this way, could be buy 20 goals and potential for improvement at this level for £6m? If not it’s not worth selling him for that.

I think we just have a habit of underestimating the value of our players. See all the “Maddison will never make it” posts.

Che Adams scored 22 and went for £15m and Armstrong scored something similar and went for the same amount so maybe I'm wrong.

I just have zero confidence in the board to negotiate those kind of deals.

SlowerThanPlatt

Che Adams scored 22 and went for £15m and Armstrong scored something similar and went for the same amount so maybe I'm wrong.

I just have zero confidence in the board to negotiate those kind of deals.

I thought Adebayo was really good for Luton when we played them - he’s scored 1 more than Gyokeres this season. Having a look at the top scorers didn’t realise how far down he is

Users who are viewing this thread