Summer transfer window 2024 (30 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Well catching up with this thread has been a pretty exciting experience tonight!

Rudoni, Brown, McCallum are three exciting signings, all experienced and two with plenty of room to grow still.

BlueSkiesForever

Preston's player of the season this year, 41 appearances, 4 goals and 4 assists.
But it’s Preston though, like come on it’s not exactly exciting or a player full of potential, genuinely think we can do better than this. I really don’t want to see us sign a load of players around 30 years old, like maybe one is fine but I’m not sure why everyone gets so excited by these types of players. I don’t mind it but it’s really not tickling my balls tbh.

Brighton Sky Blue

But it’s Preston though, like come on it’s not exactly exciting or a player full of potential, genuinely think we can do better than this. I really don’t want to see us sign a load of players around 30 years old, like maybe one is fine but I’m not sure why everyone gets so excited by these types of players.
You wanted a ‘good player’ and he is one.

procdoc

But it’s Preston though, like come on it’s not exactly exciting or a player full of potential, genuinely think we can do better than this. I really don’t want to see us sign a load of players around 30 years old, like maybe one is fine but I’m not sure why everyone gets so excited by these types of players.
Maybe we should sign Brekalo

Balli001

But it’s Preston though, like come on it’s not exactly exciting or a player full of potential, genuinely think we can do better than this. I really don’t want to see us sign a load of players around 30 years old, like maybe one is fine but I’m not sure why everyone gets so excited by these types of players. I don’t mind it but it’s really not tickling my balls tbh.
Nearly 400 games at this level. Yea definitely steer clear....

procdoc

He’s not exactly a has been at 29 and he’s got a wealth of experience in this league. Do you really want to go into the new season without replacing the experience of Kelly, Fadz etc?

BlueSkiesForever

You wanted a ‘good player’ and he is one.
He’s okay, I don’t think he’s a downgrade in anyway but wouldn’t say he’s someone I’ve hoped we’d get in. I don’t know I just want someone with a bit flair and excitement. Maybe the name puts me off as well “Alan Browne” just sounds very Sunday league, down the pub etc (no offence to any Alan Brown’s out there) 😂

BlueSkiesForever

He’s not exactly a has been at 29 and he’s got a wealth of experience in this league. Do you really want to go into the new season without replacing the experience of Kelly, Fadz etc?
Yeah fair point, we do need experience, not against that at all, just hoping we’re looking at a full range of options before plundering the exciting treasure trove that is Preston 🙈

Balli001

I get your point but it’s all experience at Preston, I’m not having a go at anyone but like surely we can avoid pinching players from Preston? Please God surely? 🙏🏻😂
They finished just below us. He scored more than most of our midfielders too. They play the same teams that we do. Really don't see your point at all

Cally Fedora

Browne is the sort of technically astute, dogged player that you hate to have in the opposing team. So great signing if it comes off. McCallum = solid business. Rudoni would be special but I suspect we’ll face competition

BlueSkiesForever

They finished just below us. He scored more than most of our midfielders too. They play the same teams that we do. Really don't see your point at all
Fair enough, I’m not really too arsed tbh, if the recruitment think he’s the right bloke then fair enough, he might be amazing.

I’m more just thinking that we should be casting our net a bit wider than the championship and league 1. Loads of people rave about those sort of players but I look at Sakamoto, Haji and Van Ewijk and think how good they’ve been for us and yet no one had really heard of them until we signed them.

Not saying we should never sign a championship or league 1 player but I think there’s a lot of bias towards people wanting championship or league 1 players because we’ve heard of them. There’s surely got to be more options out there in Europe and probably for a better price if they’re going unnoticed?

Balli001

Fair enough, I’m not really too arsed tbh, if the recruitment think he’s the right bloke then fair enough, he might be amazing.

I’m more just thinking that we should be casting our net a bit wider than the championship and league 1. Loads of people rave about those sort of players but I look at Sakamoto, Haji and Van Ewijk and think how good they’ve been for us and yet no one had really heard of them until we signed them.

Not saying we should never sign a championship or league 1 player but I think there’s a lot of bias towards people wanting championship or league 1 players because we’ve heard of them. There’s surely got to be more options out there in Europe and probably for a better price if they’re going unnoticed?
I'm sure our recruitment team hadn't thought of that. Thanks for letting them know

AFCCOVENTRY

One of the things missing all season was experienced leaders. I’ll take Browne and a few other dependable players like that. They can marshal, see games out etc…

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If the signings we've supposedly made so far are true then that looks good business. Also good to get the free transfers done and dusted early, which we did last year as well with JD.

Would like hear some ITK rumours of an experienced CB now.

BlueSkiesForever

I'm sure our recruitment team hadn't thought of that. Thanks for letting them know
I don’t know what you’re on about there tbh, I’m just stating an opinion about how our non-European signings this season have been relatively poor. I’m not having a go at you or anyone in particular, I just don’t know why everyone gets carried away with other league 1 or championship players.

SBbucks

Yep, absolutely no one had heard of Haji. Apart from him scoring in the World Cup finals, obviously

BlueSkiesForever

Yep, absolutely no one had heard of Haji. Apart from him scoring in the World Cup finals, obviously
Oh come on he scored one flukey goal for a team that no one was seriously bothered about. I’m not saying no one had ever heard of him but it’s not like he was being talked about on here as a dream signing months before the window closed. He was a decent spot by our recruitment in my opinion and the point stands that shopping around a bit and not just knocking the door of League 1 teams proved to be more successful this season.

napolimp

He also has a remarkable injury free record. He's played at least 36 Championship matches in 9 out of the last 10 seasons, what a fantastic situation to have knowing your centre mid will last the season every year.

skyblue025

Brown would be perfect, bit of grit and nasty streak. As said before wages issue would think, he's on circa 25-30k I believe at Preston.

Rudoni just not seen enough, he did ok when we beat them 3.1, end product lacking and not quite sure how quick. But they were awful as collective so hard to judge. Would trust MR and AV judgement however.

Both been mentioned for a few weeks now as had Dolan from blackburn. Tyrese Campbell released yesterday also, there's a player there.
I've got a mate at work who's a massive Preston fan and he thinks Brown is on 15k a week. He says no player there is on over 20k.

Danceswithhorses

Browne looks pretty useful...tap ins, headers, long range...seems to have a bit of everything.
Also, anyone who is voted player of the season, must surely be a decent player, and if available on a free, then brilliant (wages will be partially offset by those who are leaving).
Maybe that's why the club aren't to bothered about Callum leaving ie if we're going to replace him with some good players on freebies too.

Chris1987

If the rumours are true looks like there's some canny early signings to come in this window with no initial outlay. If Sheaf does go then there will be significant money in the pot for further acquisitions.

covcity4life

Need two number 10s so rudobi wouldn't be enough on his own for that position if Palmer goes too

As for lati I assume he goes only if there is chance to make good money. Can't see robins being desperate to get rid.

Users who are viewing this thread