Match Thread Sunderland - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Dec (5 Viewers)

Seymour_East

Sheaf needs to gather his marbles and focus again, with that and the same starting lineup as against Leeds, can only see Sky Blue win

Covkid1968#

Priceless -
Post in thread 'Coventry City Forum'
Coventry City Forum

Post in thread 'Coventry City Forum'
Coventry City Forum
They don’t look good on there…some very odd comments . I’ve got some freinds from Sunderland and they are really nice people. Season ticket holders yet Completely unaware of the made up rivalry around JH. I suspect it’s a very small minority who have this daft grudge. All I care about is the 3 points.

BlueSkiesForever

I think we should just stick with the 4-3-3 that seems to be working well, I think that’s our most attacking formation and with Haji and O’Hare having had a rest last game I think we’ll do okay.
I’d go for:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
O’Hare, Sheaf, Allen
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

Maybe sub Lati in for Sheaf if he’s having a bad game, as someone on Sky Blues Extra podcast mentioned the other day, when Sheaf has a bad game the whole team seems to have a bad game so if he’s not looking great I think we could maybe go with Lati at halftime as CDM. Same for Bidwell, if he’s struggling for pace we could sub Dasilva on. I think being proactive is better than being reactive when it comes to Robins making subs.

Boicey

Sheaf needs to gather his marbles and focus again, with that and the same starting lineup as against Leeds, can only see Sky Blue win
The same starting lineup, against Sunderland, really?
We don't need to park the bus, we should go at them far more.

Seymour_East

Yes really, they will want to impress Ian Beale and support so will come out all guns blazing, that starting lineup has enough to hit them with a counter or two and ensure we are tight at the back.

steve30000

I think if you'd have got yourself a decent centre forward, you'd have probably secured a top 6 finish this season. As it is you might pick one up in January, but suspect this year, you might now just fall short. Weird club, but I think Watford might sneak in there this season.
Yep, we've clearly screwed up on not bringing in an experienced striker. Apart from the top 4, where the gap seems to be getting bigger, there's at least 10 teams all in the mix for the play offs.
It's still wide open for what seems like the last two spots.

steve30000

When you say bring up what Hill did you mean wish the club he managed out of existence and wish him dead/celebrate when he died. Totally normal behaviour...
As mentioned, I had no opinion of Sunderland before the explosion of social media but your fan base is deranged.
I like how you tar the whole fan base, only based on a minority of safc fans. And let's be honest, they were probably wanting the aggro and didn't go to support the team

I hope you don't get called up for jury duty based on that opinion, you'll probably think they're guilty before being shown further evidence. 😆

steve30000

Yes really, they will want to impress Ian Beale and support so will come out all guns blazing, that starting lineup has enough to hit them with a counter or two and ensure we are tight at the back.
That is actually the best way to play against us, sitting in and attacking on the counter.
Every club knows our weaknesses, it's why most clubs adopt the tactics you suggest

ccfcricoh

I like how you tar the whole fan base, only based on a minority of safc fans.
😂 😂 😂 have you seen your forum? apparently every single cov fan was throwing bags of shit, coins, vapes and all sorts last time we were there, the local A&E mustve been rammed. Shame nobody caught this outrageous act of violence on camera, they're even saying the team should walk off if it happens again 😂

In reality, nothing happened at all other than Sunderland yet again failing to beat us and trying to carry on a fake rivalry. :sleep:

alexccfc99

😂 😂 😂 have you seen your forum? apparently every single cov fan was throwing bags of shit, coins, vapes and all sorts last time we were there, the local A&E mustve been rammed. Shame nobody caught this outrageous act of violence on camera, they're even saying the team should walk off if it happens again 😂

In reality, nothing happened at all other than Sunderland yet again failing to beat us and trying to carry on a fake rivalry. :sleep:
It’s funny how the police or neither club have ever identify the culprit of these alleged atrocities or no one has ever been banned cause of it - Also funny how it’s only ever an issue when Sunderland don’t get a result against us

Other than one bloke throwing a smoke bomb not a ‘flare’ it’s mostly just a thing to try and drag our name through the dirt from them

ccfcricoh

It’s funny how the police or neither club have ever identify the culprit of these alleged atrocities or no one has ever been banned cause of it - Also funny how it’s only ever an issue when Sunderland don’t get a result against us

Other than one bloke throwing a smoke bomb not a ‘flare’ it’s mostly just a thing to try and drag our name through the dirt from them
CCTV cameras must've been taken out by a bag if shit too 😂

steve30000

There were fans there that did that, obviously not all of them. Those responsible should be banned.
Also, no-one is creating a fake rivalry, some of your fans just don't like the fact that your club is associated with Mr hills antics all those years ago.

And because a section of our fans mention this fact, some of your own fans get very defensive and try to create a rivalry based on this. That's what's happening there, I'm surprised you can't see this

Covcraig@bury

There were fans there that did that, obviously not all of them. Those responsible should be banned.
Also, no-one is creating a fake rivalry, some of your fans just don't like the fact that your club is associated with Mr hills antics all those years ago.

And because a section of our fans mention this fact, some of your own fans get very defensive and try to create a rivalry based on this. That's what's happening there, I'm surprised you can't see this
Utter deluded bilge . Do you blame the Bristol City manger as well ? Not a mention of him ever . It’s just your lot need someone to blame because you was shit and deserved to get relegated

TomRad85

Never read such rubbish in my life.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

Hard to believe that the username steve30000 was the best one available for a new user. I say that as someone whose username is “SBT”.

David O'Day

whose wum account is this?

robbiethemole

And what about the unsavoury numerous posts wishing the Luftwaffe and Hitler had done a more complete job? And the ones calling other fans shitholes, do you condone these people on your boards?
I reckon you could fuck off from this board and nobody will miss you, so off you fuck

steve30000

And what about the unsavoury numerous posts wishing the Luftwaffe and Hitler had done a more complete job? And the ones calling other fans shitholes, do you condone these people on your boards?
I reckon you could fuck off from this board and nobody will miss you, so off you fuck
Where's the bit where I condone any fans behaving like that? I'm just having my opinion on this fake rivalry.

No need for the abuse just because you don't agree

Calista

The moon units that post on that forum would be right at home on this one, the similarities are uncanny.
Yeah, if Nick redirected this site over to theirs and vice versa, and swopped the colour schemes, it would be about a week before anyone realised.

Some good user names, I particularly like 'Rufus T Firefly'.

FriendlyMackem

I was planning to go to this one, but I just can’t bring myself to this close to Christmas for fear of catching something. Sunderland is up there with Luton for the biggest shithole in the country in my opinion. Smelly, disease-ridden, horrible place with the strangest looking locals I’ve ever come across. I doubt their 35k home fans have enough teeth between them to form a full set.

However, I know 5 who are making the trip and they have all been shitting into little plastic bags for the last 2 weeks in preparation. It’ll be raining bags of shite down into that lower tier.
The irony of this man. I see internet rivalry is alive and well. Not saying Sunderland is heaven, but it has some beautiful parts, which attracts a lot of tourism. Do many people flock to your end for a holiday mate?

skyblue025

The funny thing is, is that it wasn't JH who got the game delayed it was the West Midlands Police as so many fans were still outside the ground.

FriendlyMackem

The funny thing is, is that it wasn't JH who got the game delayed it was the West Midlands Police as so many fans were still outside the ground.
Hand on heart mate, I don't care about that. It was centuries ago and people really need to get a grip. If we had done our job and won, it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. Can only blame ourselves.

I don't have, and never had had, an issue with Coventry. Think we are both more alike then either ever would care to admit tbh. Both had a crap few years and ate currently on the up too.

Users who are viewing this thread