Sunderland Ratings (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Mostly 6s and 7s . Scoreline is a bit misleading. Just need some forwards.

Strange from defence today, a fair bit of lapse passing at back but then again some committed defending.

shmmeee

Robins 10

Was a masterclass in how he set us up, got the subs perfect for once and it looks really really promising. Hard not to get ott after a 3nil away win but I'm genuinely starting to believe anything is possible again after saying I thought mid-table this season before. 6 points from play offs, played 3 decent sides and gone unbeaten, no reason we can't be in the shake up again.

Happy Christmas, PUSB!! 💙

If we could start a season well we’d be autos candidates. Frustrating.

stupot07

A really difficult game to rate players, we were really poor for large chunks of the game, and Sunderland dominated large chunks of the game and created a lot of chances, we were fortunate their finishing was poor. That said the only stat that counts in football is goals and we won 3-0.

Collins 8
MVE 6
Thomas 7
Kitching 7
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 7
Allen 6
Tats 8.5 MOTM
O'Hare 7.5
Wright 6
Simms 6

Subs
Eccles 7
Palmer 7
Lati 6
Dasilva

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

rob9872

If we could start a season well we’d be autos candidates. Frustrating.
Agree, but I think that's because it's always a blank canvas and such a staff turnover when the loans go back. Next season they're ours still so we can have that start and hopefully gain early momentum.

Chris1987

Finally managed to get on a train going back.
Kitching yet again was outstanding . Thomas alternates between looking a World beater and being shit. MVE & Tats both very impressive but most importantly we're looking like a proper team now. CM addition and we challenge for the play offs.
PUSB

robbiekeane

I was very pissed trying to watch this last night but luckily left iFollow on and passed out so this morning I just started it from the beginning

Cannot get enough of MWE and Sakamoto

Sky Blue Pete

A really difficult game to rate players, we were really poor for large chunks of the game, and Sunderland dominated large chunks of the game and created a lot of chances, we were fortunate their finishing was poor. That said the only stat that counts in football is goals and we won 3-0.

Collins 8
MVE 6
Thomas 7
Kitching 7
Bidwell 6
Sheaf 7
Allen 6
Tats 8.5 MOTM
O'Hare 7.5
Wright 6
Simms 6

Subs
Eccles 7
Palmer 7
Lati 6
Dasilva

Collins clearances on occasion were awful

slowpoke

This was. a classic case of us doing our homework and implementing it to the full, nullify for the first half nick a goal but dominate the second, get the game won and with another game two days manage the game until it’s over. We are starting to develop into an excellent team, so much so I expect to get something from every match AND we will add quality to the squad January.

Blind-Faith

Collins 6.5
Van Ewijk 7
Thomas 8 MOTM
Kitching 8
Bidwell 7
Sheaf 7
Allen 5
O'Hare 7.5
Sakamota 7.5
Wright 7
Simms 6

pusbccfc

Why is it worrying you?

He's not worrying me but games are passing by and he isn't even get close to scoring.

Haji had a funny game today. Gave the ball away in some dangerous areas but was involved in all the goals.

Godden has a good goal record despite a quiet patch.

I'd love us to get a LW and play Haji down the middle.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's not worrying me but games are passing by and he isn't even get close to scoring.

Haji had a funny game today. Gave the ball away in some dangerous areas but was involved in all the goals.

Godden has a good goal record despite a quiet patch.

I'd love us to get a LW and play Haji down the middle.
He did a brilliant job doing a thankless task at Leeds last week. Wright is doing fine down the flanks, keep him there.

Martin180

When we were under the cosh, Haji was serious struggling. Going forward he does a good job.

Agreed that Simms was good at Leeds.
He is a forward to be fair to him , his game is always going to be better on the front foot . And he was involved in all the goals

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He did a brilliant job doing a thankless task at Leeds last week. Wright is doing fine down the flanks, keep him there.

I thought Simms played well last week, but not quite at the level of gushing we've seen attributed to him for it.

Today he wasn't very good at all, actually I would say I could probably be a lot less polite. Scored in one game all season and hasn't had many more matches where I would say he's actually played well.

Wright gets the attention because of the headline transfer fee, but I think that keeps Simms in the shadows. For 3.5 million up front I don't think it's unfair to say he's been awful. Hopefully that changes going forward, but I think there's some serious denial to say in half a year what he's produced is really acceptable.

pusbccfc

I thought Simms played well last week, but not quite at the level of gushing we've seen attributed to him for it.

Today he wasn't very good at all, actually I would say I could probably be a lot less polite. Scored in one game all season and hasn't had many more matches where I would say he's actually played well.

Wright gets the attention because of the headline transfer fee, but I think that keeps Simms in the shadows. For 3.5 million up front I don't think it's unfair to say he's been awful. Hopefully that changes going forward, but I think there's some serious denial to say in half a year what he's produced is really acceptable.

Simms getting 2 goals and zero assists in 23 games is a poor for any attacking player. Others in the past have been hammered for better records.

I'm glad we are still getting behind him.

Brighton Sky Blue

Awful is harsh but it’s not unfair to say he hasn’t been what we expected.

Martin180

My personal opinion of Simms is that I expected more goals but Robins kept him out of the firing line early season when we were struggling. Since he has returned his goals haven't increased but his value to the formation and side certainly has . He has raw pace and is a big unit who has the ability to stretch a game and in doing that he creates a lot of space for others to work in
If I were to rate him over the season it would be a 6

He still does have a hell of a lot of potential to work with and at the age of 22 I would keep playing him

Londonccfcfan

Simms getting 2 goals and zero assists in 23 games is a poor for any attacking player. Others in the past have been hammered for better records.

I'm glad we are still getting behind him.
A bit misleading..that's ridiculous.

He basinally created the huddersfield goal out of nothing that his crossbar and Ayari bundled in. Amongst a few others.

pusbccfc

A bit misleading..that's ridiculous.

He basinally created the huddersfield goal out of nothing that his crossbar and Ayari bundled in. Amongst a few others.

I'm not trying to criticise him but stating a fact. Players have been slated for records like that.

You're right with the involvement. It's similar to Wright with Palmers. He's an inch away from a touch which is considered an assist.

Martin180

I'm not trying to criticise him but stating a fact. Players have been slated for records like that.

You're right with the involvement. It's similar to Wright with Palmers. He's an inch away from a touch which is considered an assist.
Honest question. In this formation who would you play in his place ? Godden simply doesn't have the attributes to do it
I'm happy that Simms starts in the short term,if and when we struggle I'll question his value to the team

harvey098

O’Hare is just immense. He influences the urgency to the whole team.

Hate to leave any negative after a 3-0 away win but Collins is a liability. I’ve said it since he came in but he parries every shot straight back into the oppo’s striker. It’s bizarre. Hes made more mistakes in the few games he’s played for us than Wilson has in his whole time with us. Only negative of an unbelievably brilliant day

Martin180

O’Hare is just immense. He influences the urgency to the whole team.

Hate to leave any negative after a 3-0 away win but Collins is a liability. I’ve said it since he came in but he parries every shot straight back into the oppo’s striker. It’s bizarre. Hes made more mistakes in the few games he’s played for us than Wilson has in his whole time with us. Only negative of an unbelievably brilliant day
Wow ,just wow
For me we've been unbelievably more secure with Collins
Just seems a very bizarre post

harvey098

Wow ,just wow
For me we've been unbelievably more secure with Collins
Just seems a very bizarre post
We’ll revisit this later in the season but just watch how many shots he parries back into the danger area that should’ve been parried clear of danger or even caught.

It’s gone under the radar because of poor finishing from the opposition but that shouldn’t make the mistake moot.

Martin180

We’ll revisit this later in the season but just watch how many shots he parries back into the danger area that should’ve been parried clear of danger or even caught.

It’s gone under the radar because of poor finishing from the opposition but that shouldn’t make the mistake moot.
I get that parrying shots is the modern way , Wilson was more than guilty of doing the same.
Collins offers so much more, comfortable with the ball at his feet and for me a better shot stopper
Personally think you are grasping at straws mate

Users who are viewing this thread