Match Thread Sutton Match Thread 8th July (1 Viewer)

steve82

Yes going off his limited need O'Brien would start for me. Biamou has more than just being a target man and came close to scoring. Wins headers and looks to link up with others too. I was quite impressed.

After watching the groundhoppers YouTube clip Liam O'Brien seems very vocal, called the off side too. Refreshing and that's something we've missed for a few seasons.

Seemed quick to come off his line too in another clip I've seen

Instantly he's my No1!

steve82

O'Brien our new number one because he called for offside? Really?

Finn a better prospect than Jones based on 45 mins, really?

If you seen our keepers the last two year I'm sure you will understand the call!
We didn't talk at the back much, in a 15 second clip he was more commanding and confident than what we've been used to.

In a clip I seen he came of his line, claimed a ball in the air and commanded the back line..... now that's a winner over Burge in my book!!!

fernandopartridge

If you seen our keepers the last two year I'm sure you will understand the call!
We didn't talk at the back much, in a 15 second clip he was more commanding and confident than what we've been used to.

In a clip I seen he came of his line, claimed a ball in the air and commanded the back line..... now that's a winner over Burge in my book!!!
It's one friendly and one clip

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

steve82

It's one friendly and one clip

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Granted.... but I've seen more positives in him already than Burge.

It's what the preseason is all about seeing who's better and focused come the first weekend in August.

O'Brien will make mistakes too as well as Burge, there league two keepers.
But I've seen enough Lee Burge horror shows for a while, welcome Liam O'Brien.

Ron Macintosh

And in one 15 second clip I can show you Lee Burge looking like a prime Gigi Buffon. It's far too early to judge.

steve82

And in one 15 second clip I can show you Lee Burge looking like a prime Gigi Buffon. It's far too early to judge.

Now you are being silly

You cannot find one of him commanding the back line and box tho.

I'm predicting he will start the season with the no1 spot.
Will he retain its another matter

Ron Macintosh

Granted.... but I've seen more positives in him already than Burge.

It's what the preseason is all about seeing who's better and focused come the first weekend in August.

O'Brien will make mistakes too as well as Burge, there league two keepers.
But I've seen enough Lee Burge horror shows for a while, welcome Liam O'Brien.

Lee Burge is an average goalkeeper, but I find the hate for him bizarre. He played really well towards the back end of last season.

Ron Macintosh

Now you are being silly

You cannot find one of him commanding the back line and box tho.

I'm predicting he will start the season with the no1 spot.
Will he retain its another matter

But based on one clip against a non league side, Liam O'Brien is a commanding goalkeeper? Let's chill out a bit yeah, remember when everyone wanted Chris Dunn as our number one over Murphy?

robbiekeane

But based on one clip against a non league side, Liam O'Brien is a commanding goalkeeper? Let's chill out a bit yeah, remember when everyone wanted Chris Dunn as our number one over Murphy?
Does the quality of an opposition impact how commanding a goalkeeper is?

luwalla

I don't know what you see in him, but whenever I watched him you feared the worse when the ball was whipped into the box.
I was one of his worse critics last season... his reluctance to come off his line drive me mad!
But he is a Decent shot stoppe. To say he is absymal is just a overeaction. Especially after his perfroamce in the cup final... that said I would like a new keeper

Cavan O'Doherty

I was one of his worse critics last season... his reluctance to come off his line drive me mad!
But he is a Decent shot stoppe. To say he is absymal is just a overeaction. Especially after his perfroamce in the cup final... that said I would like a new keeper
Yes he looked decent in the final, but that far from makes up for the performances over the season. At 6 foot 5 I would have much more confidence in O'Brien coming off his line than Burge. We at least have to give him a go.

better days

Yes he looked decent in the final, but that far from makes up for the performances over the season. At 6 foot 5 I would have much more confidence in O'Brien coming off his line than Burge. We at least have to give him a go.
I saw O'Brien play in several League 2 games a couple of seasons back
He's strong I'm the air and has a huge kick as well as a powerful throw
He's not the greatest athlete or best shot stopper though and isn't the quickest getting back up to block rebounds
Our keepers were weak in the air last season and neither commanded their penalty area
O'Brien will probably do that but may not make too many saves of the unbelievable variety

Cavan O'Doherty

I saw O'Brien play in several League 2 games a couple of seasons back
He's strong I'm the air and has a huge kick as well as a powerful throw
He's not the greatest athlete or best shot stopper though and isn't the quickest getting back up to block rebounds
Our keepers were weak in the air last season and neither commanded their penalty area
O'Brien will probably do that but may not make too many saves of the unbelievable variety
I would suggest that we would concede more goals through Burge next season than O'Brien. We need someone with a presence in the box for a change.

Grendel

No he isn't, let's get a bit of perspective...

He is only becoming more acceptable as we have gone down another league. I struggle to think of a worse keeper offered another contract by the club in the 45 years I've watched them.

Adge

He is only becoming more acceptable as we have gone down another league. I struggle to think of a worse keeper offered another contract by the club in the 45 years I've watched them.
Ala Willis,Haynes et al...

sw88

Chief Commentator!

That Ireland fella. Can't think of his forename. Was t Stephen (he was the Man C fella who wasn't a GK, but we kept offering him contracts knowing full well he wouldn't make he grade....... worse or on par! :)

Users who are viewing this thread